Uneven teams

varietasplus

Please share your oppinion why it is absolutely right to start a warzone or an arena with uneven number of players.

I would really like to get a valid reason so that I can simply move along.

Trolls are not welcome, I already know the following:

- Learn to play

- You are not a designer, so have no right to judge

- Do you want to wait for half an hour for a queue?

- Missing a player is same as having a bad player

- This is how it works, deal with it

- Stop being a cry-baby / Just another carebear

- etc.

Because the community is so casual that they rather play a game with no scoreboard than wait an extra two minutes. And playing one game guy is for the most part like playing without keeping score.

Inb4"it's a fun challenge" <---always coming from a sub-par casual who wouldnt win anyway.

Edited by MidichIorian

Please share your oppinion why it is absolutely right to start a warzone or an arena with uneven number of players.

I would really like to get a valid reason so that I can simply move along.

Bioware has stated they prioritize getting pops so that people will not have to wait "too long" for a match. In order to do so, they have to cut some corners on team balance.

Edited by vennian

Bioware has stated they prioritize getting pops so that people will not have to wait "too long" for a match. In order to do so, they have to cut some corners on team balance.

I understand, but has there been a survey among players whether having uneven teams is a price too much to pay? A missing player is almost a certain loss, I fail to say why anyone would be eager to get into a lost warzone whereas a few minutes additional waiting time might result in a good match (not a victory for certain). There are many thing one can do while waiting like dailies or reading news, watching funny videos, etc.

FWIW, I've been doing more PVP lately and what I've noticed is the queues are longer than they used to be, the number of short teams has gone crazy (I did about a dozen matches the other day and only started with full teams 3 times and two of those were arenas.) Yesterday I did two arenas, one I was the forth player added in the middle of the first round (where you arrive dead rather than being able to get in) and the other we had only three the entire match. Something is definitely screwed up in the queuing (and I expect there are symptoms of problems with the PVP community here as well, but that's being covered in other threads.)

I understand, but has there been a survey among players whether having uneven teams is a price too much to pay.

Most people want even matches. The fact that we aren't getting them can only mean that pvp players aren't that great of a financial asset in this game. Guess we are too few to really matter.