Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your Favorite Powertech Spec to play in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Your Favorite Powertech Spec to play in PvP

Highallday
03.07.2014 , 11:19 PM | #1
I always wandered, I've asked several times as I'm tried to find my niche. I don't like tanking and right now it's a toss up.

AP does nice damage, but doesn't have the proccing burst. Pyro has proccing burst but overheats and is squishy. What's the best spec to play for ranked, One? or both?

Luckeyduckey
03.08.2014 , 01:14 AM | #2
Pyro for ranked, AP for regs, although Pyro is arguably as good, but I find AP can net more damage in regs.

ronniehenlau
03.08.2014 , 02:10 AM | #3
I rarely play anything besides Pyro, simply because I consider the burst to be a requirement to outdps a healer - beeing able to knock a healer down that much in a gcd is freakishly amazing.

I play using Koozies skilltree and follow his priorities near slavic! Also 11k railshots on pve geared sages is amazing!

foxmob
03.08.2014 , 02:48 AM | #4
AP/tactics is easier because it's more forgiving (resource management).

Pyro is easier to hound a healer because your slow is applied from 10m instead of 4m, and you don't have to stand and channel for your burst. (most healers will break the snare)

I prefer AP because you're doing more than one thing whereas pyro is more about deciding when to drop your burst and balancing resources until then. plus, I played pyro for a very long time, and I find AP refreshing still. the only problem is going back to pyro makes the resource management thing more of a problem cuz I got lazy in AP.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.