Seeker droid and Macrobinocular missions

The heroics that cap the seeker droid and macrobinocular quest series are fantastic. I think it makes total sense to have the actual exploration parts (e.g. scanning) only require a single player, but then have those lead you to combat scenarios requiring a "strike team".

The heroics that cap the seeker droid and macrobinocular quest series are fantastic. I think it makes total sense to have the actual exploration parts (e.g. scanning) only require a single player, but then have those lead you to combat scenarios requiring a "strike team".

While they are fantastic, the decision to make them H4's was a poor one in my opinion.

The first few weeks had thousands going through it and LFG spam was so constant, it was pretty easy to get it done. Fast forward to now, and those LFG are drying up, and can now be many days to get into a group for them, and what about a few months time? it will be close to impossible to get a group for, you may have to spam the fleet for weeks on end, but one thing is certain, it is much more difficult as time goes by, and that is poor design.

I think the answer is to make the heroics repeatable weekly with 5 elite comms as reward, that will make it enticing enough for some to want to do it, and help the people as they come along to this part of the mission to be able to do it.

While they are fantastic, the decision to make them H4's was a poor one in my opinion.

The first few weeks had thousands going through it and LFG spam was so constant, it was pretty easy to get it done. Fast forward to now, and those LFG are drying up, and can now be many days to get into a group for them, and what about a few months time? it will be close to impossible to get a group for, you may have to spam the fleet for weeks on end, but one thing is certain, it is much more difficult as time goes by, and that is poor design.

I think the answer is to make the heroics repeatable weekly with 5 elite comms as reward, that will make it enticing enough for some to want to do it, and help the people as they come along to this part of the mission to be able to do it.

This is the same issue that happened with HK was released. For the first few weeks it was pretty easy to find the components since lots of people were searching and a lot of ground was covered really quickly. After a month or two it became a long slog to find them on your own. The issue is slightly different but remains that it is more difficult and tedious to do these as time goes on.

For the Seeker droid finale you can at least out gear it as the mechanics don't actually require 4 people, it could even be retuned to a H2+ in a couple of months when interest is low. The Shroud on the other hand needs 4 players to hit consoles at multiple points so retuning it isn't really feasible. If you added a couple of extra bosses and turned it into a 50/55 FP though, I'd do that multiple times and you could just GF it. It's already halfway there.

If they make the quest repeatable more players would do it.

And its not the first time they made quests that ends into group content. Just remember the Ilum quests which leads to 2 FP's: The Battle of Ilum and The False Emperor.

Also on Republic side doing the Balmorra bonus quest there is a option for killing some Sith which is also Heroic 4

Or you could join a guild and ask your friends to help. :)

Who said they weren't in guild ?

It's a heroic that's only available at a specific stage of that questline and not repeatable. Without the help of group finder no matter how big your guild is, the chances to get a group are really low. I still havent done them. Spamming on fleet and on gchat this last week was an excercise in futility.

I wonder how many of those who've done this on their mains, will be arsed to do it a 2nd , 3rd time, etc with their alts. This will only get worse

If they make the quest repeatable more players would do it.

And its not the first time they made quests that ends into group content. Just remember the Ilum quests which leads to 2 FP's: The Battle of Ilum and The False Emperor.

Also on Republic side doing the Balmorra bonus quest there is a option for killing some Sith which is also Heroic 4

It took me entire Saturday and half of Sunday to find a group to do Battle of Ilium and FE this weekend. But isn't that much easier because of the group finder? A lot of people join group finder with all options selected

For GF, this may depend on server and role, of course.

But unless I'm missing something, even if you have completed the Seeker Droid heroic yourself, you can still enter a phase owned by a group member doing the quest to help them out. In my mind, that's largely the purpose of guilds, at least ones that do a lot of PVE content.

Who said they weren't in guild ?

It's a heroic that's only available at a specific stage of that questline and not repeatable. Without the help of group finder no matter how big your guild is, the chances to get a group are really low.

You are forgetting something. Our guildie was at a final stage for macrobinoculars. He asked for help, and three of us stepped in, even though we did NOT have the quest at that stage. (I didn't even pick up the binoculars on that particular character). As soon as the person who has the quest steps into the instance, any other 3 can join him. It's actually really easy to get this quest done if you have friends.

Edited by Bastila-chan

Still waiting for people to do this with on The Bastion. Created a thread last night, no response yet.

It really is a huge shame, seeing as a lot of people have gone through the trouble of going all over planets looking for the seeds and now it's just kind of this gigantic blockade at the end.

Hopefully, more people either become willing to help or the Heroic gets switched down to a 2+.

• 3 weeks later...
You are forgetting something. Our guildie was at a final stage for macrobinoculars. He asked for help, and three of us stepped in, even though we did NOT have the quest at that stage. (I didn't even pick up the binoculars on that particular character). As soon as the person who has the quest steps into the instance, any other 3 can join him. It's actually really easy to get this quest done if you have friends.

Which does nothing for people who play at off times, or who just aren't around when the bulk of the other people are. I work 3rd shift and have yet to get any of the Heroic quests done to finish these up, and I have 4 toons waiting for the Heroics now. No one, and I mean literally No One, is interested in doing these quests at 9am EST.

It's bad enough that I had to sit and click the ground for over an hour to get the stupid seed on Hoth, on just one toon. Same issue for each toon at multiple locations. Haven't seen anything but a few green mods or gray vendor trash yet.

Coupled with the horrible implementation of the seeker mechanic and it's user unfriendly usage, this might actually be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Which is a shame, because I love SW, have since I was a kid. I anxiously awaited the game, I've been patient as they tried new things, but this is just a time waster that I am unable to even finish...

I am in agreement that, while the concluding missions themselves may be good, the idea of a long solo questline capped by a group mission is beyond stupid.

At this moment, I am stuck at the final Shroud mission because after completing the second to last mission, the PUG fell apart. So now I have to find three other people in the same situation or willing to just do charity work, or bribe them.

This is just poor social engineering, whatever you may say about the artistic or code engineering of the questline.

Yeah yeah, join a guild, find a group. Whatever. Obviously since you yourself had no trouble, everybody should be just like you.

My personal thought on this is the seeker droid and binocular quests take FAR to much time to complete. I think it took me about 3 maybe 4 hours to do it all with very little interruption or breaks. It was completely asinine in the length of time it took, the heroic's didn't bother me, thought maybe a heroic 2 would have been a better choice.

Now I don't even bother doing the quest on my alts due to the insane amount of time it takes.

My personal thought on this is the seeker droid and binocular quests take FAR to much time to complete. I think it took me about 3 maybe 4 hours to do it all with very little interruption or breaks. It was completely asinine in the length of time it took, the heroic's didn't bother me, thought maybe a heroic 2 would have been a better choice.

Now I don't even bother doing the quest on my alts due to the insane amount of time it takes.

This even if it was just a herioc 2 it would be fine. My friend and I got almost to the end of the binocular quest only to find out "oh even though we can kill everything we can't push enough buttons to complete it. Thats just stupid (yes I realize I should've prolly looked before I started but I really like to try something before defaulting to a guide).