Screenshot - Champion PVP Set + Battlemaster Ligthsaber. Serious?

Eommer

Serious guys, this DOES NOT look like Star Wars at all, even worse does not look something that a Sith would use. I hate de lightsaber color tho.

Full Champion PVP Gear with a Battlemaster lightsaber.

second screenshot

I would like to make one question:

If bioware had made ​​the original trailer with Darth Maul using this armor do you think people would play this game?

I wondered why all the end-game gear looks tribal or organic. Bounty Hunter gear looks like they salvaged cast-iron plates and stretched out the skin of their kills over the armor. Is that part of the lore? Boba Fett has ****** armor, I feel like I'm wearing zombie skin.

Obviously you know nothing about the lore.

why they are not using that crap on original trailers? they pretty much looks like a Sith/Jedi from movies on trailers...

I dont get this organic/tribal armor looking. Serious. A horn on my shoulders? Am I a Viking now?

Obviously you know nothing about the lore.

By Lore I take it you mean any of the six movies, the art work, the literature, or any of the mechandising that followed? So where in all that did you see any imagery even similar to the screen shot?

For that matter I don't recall seeing any Snipers who looked like they were wearing a bad Protocol Droid fancy dress costume in Clone Wars. Nor do I remember seeing Han Solo wearing thigh high boots and a pimp hat in Return of the Jedi like the Smuggler Champion gear in game.

Roll on 1.2 for custom "individual" looks.

By Lore I take it you mean any of the six movies, the art work, the literature, or any of the mechandising that followed? So where in all that did you see any imagery even similar to the screen shot?

For that matter I don't recall seeing any Snipers who looked like they were wearing a bad Protocol Droid fancy dress costume in Clone Wars. Nor do I remember seeing Han Solo wearing thigh high boots and a pimp hat in Return of the Jedi like the Smuggler Champion gear in game.

Roll on 1.2 for custom "individual" looks.

the movies are 3000 years in the future...

Yes, I know that but are you saying that by the time we get to when the movies are set everyone realised how ridiculous this stuff looked and changed?

What do you know about the "lore" of the game universe? Because at the minute you're just coming across as a troll trying to belittle someone for voicing an opinion.

Yes, I know that but are you saying that by the time we get to when the movies are set everyone realised how ridiculous this stuff looked and changed?

What do you know about the "lore" of the game universe? Because at the minute you're just coming across as a troll trying to belittle someone for voicing an opinion.

Do you realize how big a time span 3,000 years is? It's unfathomable. Of course the styles are different, this setting is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the setting of the movie. If you want to look like a jedi or a sith from the movies, go find the multitude of orange moddable armor in the game that fits that description. There's plenty of it out there if you could be bothered to look.

Not to mention that there are 2 companies that are the experts on the lore from this time frame. 1) Bioware, and 2) Lucasarts, both of which are shockingly designing and signing off on this armor.

Their armor designs have so much variety that everyone should be capable of finding plenty that they like.

Do you realize how big a time span 3,000 years is? It's unfathomable. Of course the styles are different, this setting is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the setting of the movie. If you want to look like a jedi or a sith from the movies, go find the multitude of orange moddable armor in the game that fits that description. There's plenty of it out there if you could be bothered to look.

sorry about my english.

I have my doubts about this thing, 3000 years ago. for me it's just an excuse for not putting the film's main characters in the game. I know I know theres books blablabla but still, theres something weird that I dont get it. 3000 is a long time. if you compare with the films, the technology has not evolved. same cars, weapons, misc devices, ships, etc. whats your explanation for that?

About orange gear, well as you can see its a PVP armor. So if you want to compete with the best you need it. Well, at least they will change this on 1.2. Looks like you will be able to remove the pvp mods and use some orange gear with pvp stats. im not 100% sure about that btw. All my friends already say they will do that because the current pvp armor design its stupid. My guild its a hardcore pvp guild with more then 250 members. So far, none will keep the original pvp armor.

idk, each person has their preference but I know too many people dissatisfied with armor design in this game. have you seen the design of Columi heavy boots? theres claws like a alien feet, serious...

I really think the current designs are not pleasing to most.

see the spikes on the shoulder prevent a lightsaber from decapitation... The metal is lightsaber resistent....

yah i'm going with that.

hahahahah great

the same guy that design armor on WoW are doing the design armor for Bioware. its my only explanation.

Edited by Eommer

If I was a Jedi/Sith I would wear something like this...form fitting, and designed to likely enhance the body instead of robes with loose folds that get caught on things and hoods that cut down on my peripheral vision...I like how it looks...kudos to BW

I originally rolled my jug just because of the armor in the trailers. Kind of pisses me off that I can't even get what they advertised, which was why I started my jug in the first place.

thats exactly my point. I feel you. Advertised looks something, but when you buy its another crap...

Like I ask before:

If bioware had made ​​the original trailer with Darth Maul using this armor do you think people would play this game like they did?

thats exactly my point. I feel you. Advertised looks something, but when you buy its another crap...

Like I ask before:

If bioware had made ​​the original trailer with Darth Maul using this armor do you think people would play this game like they did?

Considering the armor would've been animated as flawlessly as the one in the trailer, the helmet would be missing (as it always is for main characters of the trailers), and he would've pulled off the same amazing feats: Yes, just as many people would've played the game.

Personally, I like the design because it just screams 'intimidating' more than a black robe... So playing a Light Sided Sith in that armor is even funnier than it already is usually!

Ok lets get this into prospective, In relation to the films, Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place 3500 years before Darth Vader was even a glint in a midi-chlorian's eye. For those gamers who are familiar with KotOR, to get a more complete picture of where Star Wars: The Old Republic fits into the expansive timeline, SWTOR takes place 300 years after the events in the KotOR RPG. But for those who aren't familiar with KotOR, the game is set roughly 4000 years before "A New Hope". Therefore the gear in the OP couldnt possibly look like anything a Sith, from say Revenge of the Sith, would be wearing as the timeline between the Sith of Revenge of the Sith and the current stories date is emmense. Anyway I like that look (OP's screenie) and the lightsaber finishes it off.

Ok lets get this into prospective, In relation to the films, Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place 3500 years before Darth Vader was even a glint in a midi-chlorian's eye. For those gamers who are familiar with KotOR, to get a more complete picture of where Star Wars: The Old Republic fits into the expansive timeline, SWTOR takes place 300 years after the events in the KotOR RPG. But for those who aren't familiar with KotOR, the game is set roughly 4000 years before "A New Hope". Therefore the gear in the OP couldnt possibly look like anything a Sith, from say Revenge of the Sith, would be wearing as the timeline between the Sith of Revenge of the Sith and the current stories date is emmense. Anyway I like that look (OP's screenie) and the lightsaber finishes it off.

So the clothes must be different because that 3000 timeline right? If is that so, what about the others thing? If you compare with the films, the technology has not evolved. same cars, weapons, misc devices, ships, etc. whats your explanation for that? its a looong time dont you think? Serious, in 3000 the weapons, cars, ships did evolved at all? The only thing that change was a armor with spikes to robes? If they had ships able to travel the entire galaxy 3500 years ago by the time of movies they will not need ships just use something like teletransport. And I will not even talk about what kind weapons we should have...

This argument is invalid if you look to the entire picture.