Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Collec
05.21.2019 , 03:25 PM | #21
My advice is, that just ignore BiS gear 258 and play game for fun. If you wanna do wz, do wz. Fp? Do Fp. Ops,uprising, rp...do any of those. Stop chasing BiS. because you'll hate the game and you'll burn out on it. I am on my main toons in 248-ish gear and it gets the job done.

It's their MO...gear cap,grind and level raise,because they can't do nothing else. And they hate themselves and the circle they are in. And everytime they lose more and more players and they can't figure it out, why they keep losing players.

This "time-gate" I have no problem with, when doen within reason. I gave so many suggestions to BW over years and they just ignore their players. They are all hush hush on 6.0, because they know gearing will piss ppl off and alot of players will leave. Today it renewed my sub and I'll do that Dantooine event on 28th, but after that event I'll probably be gone. Story doesn't excite me for 6.0, gearing I could care less..new ops same,fp same..nothing excites me about 6.0 because they all hush hush about it and when it's gonna come out broken, then they do their PR stunt like our feedback matters.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

BenKatarn
05.21.2019 , 03:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

I double checked with the team and it is not a bug, it was just that the 1 in 4 chance pulled GSF 3 weeks in a row (not the best if you aren't a GSF fan). We did verify though that next week is not GSF.

Thanks all!

-eric
Correct me if I'm wrong Eric, but we've had it multiple times now that the same Weekly was two times in a row. I was under the impression that this was intentional. A one in four chance, and you randomize that? This shouldn't be the case. If you are indeed saying that this is random, then it should be changed and have a set schedule, like Conquest.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

sdom
05.21.2019 , 03:40 PM | #23
Hey all,

I double checked with the team and it is not a bug, it was just that the 1 in 4 chance pulled GSF 3 weeks in a row (not the best if you aren't a GSF fan). We did verify though that next week is not GSF.

Thanks all!

-eric
Eric, I was a customer service agent for a long time and this statement is in my opinion, entirely political on your part.
I'm thankful of behalf of all of us on the thread for isolating what caused this to happen,
The fact remains though, that despite this check, there is no indication you've done anything.~
You've just basically said "aye, that can happen".

Im hoping that you'll consider a simple fix like storing the previous two weeks challenges selected within a variable so you can run a simple if loop that will at least make sure it doesn't happen three weeks in a row.
Two is chance but three is too much.
And the thing is you can clearly avidly check whats upcoming so you're either not paying attention to the RNG or else you let this happen.

Unrelated, but.
Any chance you can take a look at the PVP RNG for unranked and ranked. Its broke too!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forceal Forcealia Joli Bindo
Lekku Lasher Aytris Artery Clogger
Ophelia Crak Boom Boom Needhealsplox

Benirons
05.21.2019 , 03:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong Eric, but we've had it multiple times now that the same Weekly was two times in a row. I was under the impression that this was intentional. A one in four chance, and you randomize that? This shouldn't be the case. If you are indeed saying that this is random, then it should be changed and have a set schedule, like Conquest.
Yeah, that's what got confused me too. The few weeks ive been back it seemed to have been 2 in a row regardless of what it was. So i was 100% sure that it would be something new for this week.

Im not a fan of RNG, so i welcome the idea of set schedule, like conquest, that we can prepare for in advance.

CliffRedemption
05.21.2019 , 03:51 PM | #25
Hey all,

Thanks all!

-eric
258 Rating Gear is the main purpose of the Masterwork Data Crystals, and the only content in the game you need it for is Nightmare Mode Gods of the Machine, so how come you earn nightmare progression gear from an auxiliary game mode? This is hilarious and makes it obvious that the Dev Team doesn't even bother to play the game, or you would notice how ridiculous this is.

vicadin
05.21.2019 , 03:59 PM | #26
Please do not tell me that Ben "RNGesus" Irving took a break from Anthem to infect the timed weekly mission? I just don't get how for weeks that the timed weekly seemed to be a rotating mission to suddenly RNG based.

Musco, you guys seriously need to look into putting some kind of "bad luck protection" into anything that has to do with RNG. I get that it's a huge part of the game, but there should be some limit. In this example GSF should still have a chance to show up HOWEVER, it's chance of showing up should not be exactly the same as the others. In fact, I think it's been 9-10 weeks since it was the PVP, 7-8 weeks since the SM Ops, and 4 weeks since the MM FPs. That would mean that PVP should have the best chance of getting picked. Sure, GSF should still have a chance...but it should be less than the others.

sharkfishman
05.21.2019 , 04:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Loadsamonie View Post
Aww. I was hoping we'd go 4 for 4. GSF is life Eric. =(
After one week of PVP it will go back to 3 more GSF, lol.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Nemmar
05.21.2019 , 04:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffRedemption View Post
258 Rating Gear is the main purpose of the Masterwork Data Crystals, and the only content in the game you need it for is Nightmare Mode Gods of the Machine, so how come you earn nightmare progression gear from an auxiliary game mode? This is hilarious and makes it obvious that the Dev Team doesn't even bother to play the game, or you would notice how ridiculous this is.
Except it's not. Gear matters in PvP and honestly the pursuit of power is the point of an RPG. So, they have to give everyone a path towards getting the gear. It should not be reserved for a select few who then can ravage through other game modes with it.
Challenging content should allow you to aquire the best gear faster. It does not entitle you to it's exclusivity.

sdom
05.21.2019 , 04:33 PM | #29
This thread has had me thinking about the problem that your facing.
I lack an intimate knowledge of your games source code which is I'm sure. what you go for.
But what I do know is the RNG is a script.
And that the matches that can be "potentially" called - would be variables so they exist in the script in question in a way convenient to refer to within the code.

Simply piping the result of the decision by the RNG into another variable, and adding a section at the bottom of your script that takes the decision of the RNG and looks for repetitiveness within past weeks - should make it possible with something like an if loop to cap any repetitiveness within the RNG, a process that it clearly needs in order to make it truly random it seems.

If eric could be so kind to pass that information along to the devs, there's no reason that solution can't be experimented with right away and potentially rolled out within a day or two.
It's a real simple job man.
I'd do it for you but you don't want me in at your code lol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sdom
05.21.2019 , 04:42 PM | #30
A child could code their first script to selectively choose a number between 1 - 5.
The answer to executing this script 5 times could have been: 1.2.3.4.5
This in no way indicates the choice made by the script is random.
As it is a script called once with no memory or recognition of its own output.
The truth of the matter is the probability to get each result is an even split.

20% for 1
20% for 2 and so on.

Its when the child becomes an adult and returns to this script with enough perspective to recognise this philosophy, that allows them to develop a method of achieving the same result with more effective code.

Your devs say this is random?
Well I say fire them because it doesn't seem like that the result is the same as the implimentation, and if they're still trying to tell you otherwise, then they're incompotent.