Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaleesh playable race.

ItachiZaku
02.11.2015 , 01:38 PM | #71
I'd definitely roll a boneface.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

Wikkader
02.11.2015 , 02:19 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
There were two Force-sensitive Wookiees in the EU, specifically in the post-RotJ EU continuum. Sometime after their creation, LucasArts reportedly said that they regretted the decision to allow it. From that point, no author or game designer was allowed to create a Force sensitive Wookiee character in the universe.

SWG allowed it, but SWG was thoroughly disconnected from the lore and LucasArts refused to allow any part of SWG to be "canon".
There is at least one force-sensitive Wookiee that is still part of the Star Wars canon: Gungi.

Dokreth
09.12.2015 , 03:58 PM | #73
There are already quite a few different kaleesh characters out there in a wide degree of equipment and customizations, xalek being quite a prominent one.

despite being a more 'beastly' race, the only things are that different are the heads and the hands. Having these locked from showing similar to twil'eks would be a good work around (although hooded robes will have to be tested as xalek can get away with em, so player kaleesh should be good too :P)

its a shame these guys arent already in, as they have a nice neutral backstory that can put them on either the republic as acceptance or the empire due to their skills, with a backstory war culture to boot. On top of that, most of the resources are already in and just need a bit of tampering to allow for player use.

And while im at it, who wouldnt want to have a romantic mish mash with that epic bone mask? :3

Gonalius
09.12.2015 , 04:18 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Wikkader View Post
There is at least one force-sensitive Wookiee that is still part of the Star Wars canon: Gungi.
True, and as LucasArts happily sold the rights lock, stock and barrel to Disney, all bets are off anyway.
Blah blah, referral link. Danger: May contain Unicron. http://www.swtor.com/r/9yDQXH (PS: If you do click this link, Thank You! Hugely appreciated!)

kylorensaberdart
05.20.2019 , 08:53 PM | #75
I think in the onslaught expansion ea should add them on if wer getting the tentacle headed race

SteveTheCynic
05.21.2019 , 12:43 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by kylorensaberdart View Post
I think in the onslaught expansion ea should add them on if wer getting the tentacle headed race
If they haven't already started, it's getting to the point where it will be a bit late. Think: Onslaught is scheduled for a release in September. If we assume that's "Programmer's September"(1) rather than "Salesman's September"(2), to give us the longest time between now and then, then we conclude that the release will be in feature-freeze probably in late August. We're in late May, which gives the feature three calendar months of development time in a schedule that's probably already jammed solid. Development of Kaleesh is less wildly problematic than, say, Togruta or Nautolans(4), which both have fairly aggressive clipping issues because of their head bits, but it's still not free. As it stands, though, I think there is exactly *one* Kaleesh model in-game, used for all Kaleesh, so they would need to do extensive work to get them usable by players:
* Do male and female Kaleesh look significantly different? (Think: the lore says that Devaronian females don't have the horns, while the males do.)
* Is the player character Kaleesh obliged to wear a bone hat?
* How many head slider positions are there?
* What other sliders are there?
* Etc.

(1) Last possible day in September.(3)

(2) First possible day in September.(3)

(3) This is not a joke. Well, mostly. If a programmer says that a feature will be ready to go to customers in September, the salesman he's talking to hears "On the first of September", whereas the programmer means "On the 30th of September".

(4) Do you think that they'll fix Koth's line in KotFE Chapter VII (Lady of Sorrows) when Thea interrupts your conversation with The Exalted? "I think I've seen one of those, back in your part of the galaxy." It's a wildly inappropriate remark when the player character is a Nautolan. Of course he's seen one! He/she is standing right there next to him!
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Nefram
05.21.2019 , 08:21 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by kylorensaberdart View Post
Begone vile necromancer!