Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaleesh playable race.

Necroburger
02.09.2015 , 02:34 PM | #11
Racists Kaleesh FTW

TUXs
02.09.2015 , 02:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
How is it not abundantly clear to everyone that the romance aspect of the game eliminates any race/species that looks like a "monster" (aside from shark-genital-faced Sith PB) as a player character race/species?
Why does that matter? What does a players race have to do with romance exactly? Careful bran...or you'll risk looking like a racist with those type of comments.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

XiamaraSimi
02.09.2015 , 02:53 PM | #13
How is it not abundantly clear to everyone that the romance aspect of the game eliminates any race/species that looks like a "monster" (aside from shark-genital-faced Sith PB) as a player character race/species?
Id pay money to see Ashara have to kiss a kaleesh lol

Malastare
02.09.2015 , 02:53 PM | #14
How is it not abundantly clear to everyone that the romance aspect of the game eliminates any race/species that looks like a "monster" ... as a player character race/species?
Because they want it.

Or because that part of the game isn't interesting to them so they don't put any thought into it. As much as it runs contrary to every instinct I have, I know there are loads of people who make these suggestions without really putting much thought into why it wouldn't make sense or why it would cause problems.

There are loads of people who want to play as a Voss. And who knows, maybe they will someday. But the game story on both factions sort of explicitly excludes that idea. Class stories for every class except BH and Smuggler have direct incompatibilities (as in, plot points beyond the silly conflicts we get now with Cathar and Chiss). But people still suggest it, because their desire for it eclipses their care about the story and companion interactions making sense.

For others (like me), there are enough choices that are compatible that we can't see a reason to step into the incompatible ones and give up on the story.

(aside from shark-genital-faced Sith PB)
It worries me that I caught this joke and chuckled.

It worried me even more that shark-genitals are that familiar to me.

+1 to Branma K. Muffin for an utterly original reference.

Joesixxpack
02.09.2015 , 03:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Necroburger View Post
Racists Kaleesh FTW
Don't forget to samepoast again.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Why does that matter? What does a players race have to do with romance exactly? Careful bran...or you'll risk looking like a racist with those type of comments.
Yeah really it's just an option. I'm not saying those that don't want others to have the option are space racists, but they certainly run the risk of looking like it.

TUXs
02.09.2015 , 03:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Yeah really it's just an option. I'm not saying those that don't want others to have the option are space racists, but they certainly run the risk of looking like it.
Space racist lol!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Bachannal
02.09.2015 , 04:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Necroburger View Post
SWTOR NEEDS it.

We do not need another beast in a bad fishing hat. Am I the only one who absolutely loathes Xalek? lol

Darth_Wicked
02.09.2015 , 04:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Bachannal View Post
We do not need another beast in a bad fishing hat. Am I the only one who absolutely loathes Xalek? lol
I like his VA -- Tony Armatrading -- but not a fan of Kaleesh either.

Would prefer the Taung myself, but those are even less likely to ever come.

Bachannal
02.09.2015 , 05:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
I like his VA -- Tony Armatrading -- but not a fan of Kaleesh either.

Would prefer the Taung myself, but those are even less likely to ever come.
It's the hat. I *HATE* that stupid hat. Makes him look like Gilligan's space doppelganger. He just needs the red/white striped Waldo shirt to complete it.

branmakmuffin
02.09.2015 , 06:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Why does that matter? What does a players race have to do with romance exactly?
A Kaleesh or a Rodian, etc., are not going to pass the supposed "Princess Leia" test, are they? Requests for all these "obviously never going to happen" player race/species requests are most likely veiled "TOR is not SWG!" complaints.