SWTOR acronyms explained

Icestar

Hello i have been playing swtor up and down since 2012. But Right now i cannot get it started up looked through the forums the screen keeps going black small and closes. First it was just pink screen solved that played for a couple of days. But 3 days later the same thing all over again i paid quite a lot. And I hope costumer support can help me with this issue. I would like to play agian for what i have paid.

Greetings Michel.

Hello i have been playing swtor up and down since 2012. But Right now i cannot get it started up looked through the forums the screen keeps going black small and closes. First it was just pink screen solved that played for a couple of days. But 3 days later the same thing all over again i paid quite a lot. And I hope costumer support can help me with this issue. I would like to play agian for what i have paid.

Greetings Michel.

Hello!

Have you tried to do a repair of the game?

Perhaps it is a heat problem, some computers can get overheated.

This thread is however not a customer support thread, I am a player like you that likes to help the community the way I can :tran_smile:

Try write about your problem here and it might help you better

Cheers and good luck!

Edited by Icestar

• 3 weeks later...
KYS = Kill yourself

I've seen it used quite a bit in this game, unfortunately.

derogatorily? or as in "it's a wipe, just /stuck so we can try again"?

If the former, I do not think that belongs here

• 1 month later...
For years now I have wondered, what is "aggro"?

Is it even an abbreviation?

I see this one a lot but have no idea what it could mean.

Aggression, usually from NPCs. As a verb, to cause NPCs to agress.

For years now I have wondered, what is "aggro"?

Is it even an abbreviation?

I see this one a lot but have no idea what it could mean.

Aggression, usually from NPCs. As a verb, to cause NPCs to agress.

In solo play "agro range" is the distance where an enemy NPC will attack you; if you move within that distance an enemy NPC (and maybe some of his/her friends) will attack you.

In group play, tank classes "hold agro" meaning that they are designed to grab the attention of enemy NPCs (aka mobs) so that they do not attack the damage dealers or healers. However, dps and healers can "pull agro" meaning that they have surpassed the tank in "threat" (a numeric representation of how enemy NPCs rank the danger a player character poses) and start attacking a group member other than the tank.

All them acronyms be hurting my brain.

Yeah, I have gathered a nice list with the help of the community where players can search information to understand better.

I like helping the community and I hope that you guys will keep on writing suggestions and/or if something needs to be corrected.

• 2 weeks later...
Very helpful for new or returning players thank you!

Although I have never seen people use, or don't use (anymore) more than half of these acronyms/abberviations

I appreciate your feedback!

This list is very useful to read when something is unclear in the game regarding what is written in chat.

If any player find that something should be added, changed or even removed since it is not used anymore I appreciate the help. Please send me a PM and I will sort it out.

Perhaps it is valuable to read through the things you have never heard of, some day a player might use exactly that phrase or abbreviation to communicate ingame. Then you understand :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar

• 2 weeks later...
< Referral spam with link>

It is very valuable to know that it is not allowed to post the referral link or draw any attention to it in a post here on this forum.

We are allowed to have the link in the signature but nowhere else here on the forum as stated by Mr Musco.

This is friendly information from me since it is better to know this then not know it.

Edited by Icestar

• 2 weeks later...

Quick warning:

People like the person (post was deleted by forum mods) that promise you 7 days of free sub time, while they are correct and the links will actually give you 7 days, are acting against the terms of service of the SW:TOR forums by spamming those links and are only out for free cartel coins.

DO NOT use those links, instead report the posts by these people.

You can only use such a link once and instead of giving it to people like the above poster, who are, by definition, criminals, you should use a link of someone that helped you or is your friend to give him something back.

You can find more info on the referral program here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Edited by CheaterLL

The spam post is deleted.

Please do not post any referral links in this thread, it is only here to help the community.

It is against the rules to post referral links here on this forum, use it only in your signature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
KYS = Kill yourself

I've seen it used quite a bit in this game, unfortunately.

Am I the only one really bothered by this term? It's so disturbing thinking that a person is so malicious that they actually want you to kill yourself. What if they actually did because you said it or something? You would just be happy about that?

Anyways, rant over, but yeah I really dont like that term...

• 2 weeks later...