Crisis on Umbara

Is it my imagination or is the flashpoint incredibly difficult? My group I was in spent 40 minutes just on the first part of the train alone. We couldn't clear the room you drop down in cause there were too many enemies and then once we did clear the room the turrets that have no business being on the train kept engaging out of no where so we couldn't proceed to the boss fight. Finally after two hours of dreadfully struggling we ended up giving up on the last boss cause we kept getting down to 10% and the add would over take us and wipe the party out.

I suppose you are talking about the Master mode version. Yes, thats a difficult one. About the "in combat" in the train there are 2 turrets at the front of the train (for what so ever reason) and if you have someone in your group stealth out he will aggro them. You have to stuck it then to be able to klick the door.

The FPS is hard overall the first boss requires the tank to keep aggro of both bosses, while only having the Assasin on him. The dps burn down the mechanic and then the Assasin. The second boss you need to stand in a square formation and rotate defensive cds. Last boss is quite difficult. The main issue here are the "soft enrages" all bosses have them. They deal more damage shortly before death, which is quite difficult to handle.

Is it my imagination or is the flashpoint incredibly difficult? My group I was in spent 40 minutes just on the first part of the train alone. We couldn't clear the room you drop down in cause there were too many enemies and then once we did clear the room the turrets that have no business being on the train kept engaging out of no where so we couldn't proceed to the boss fight. Finally after two hours of dreadfully struggling we ended up giving up on the last boss cause we kept getting down to 10% and the add would over take us and wipe the party out.

The turrets are similar to the ones in Mando Raiders FP, before the 2nd boss (or group of 4 boss) fight - they see through and agro someone in stealth, but if you otherwise walk out of range unstealthed will be fine.

The drop down room is rough, but easier if you dont trigger traps. Kill the closest turrets quickly, and run along the side edge of the room to get to the other adds/turrets and this helps avoid triggering traps. If you want to limit how many things attack you, use line of sight near the turrets to cut off other turrets attacks. Also remember you have healing barrels in the room too.

Boss 1 - focus engineer from the start. Assassin should be passively agreod through tank using aoes and aoe taunt. Tank needs to position himself to make sure the engineer and assassin face away from the group. Taunt engineer asap after he swaps targets. When engineer summons turrets, all dps focus the non-shielded turret first,, then get back on engi and aoe the 2nd turret at the same time. Rinse/repeat until only assassin is left, then just make sure to put tanks back in a corner to tank/spank.

Boss 2 - the hardest part is the burn phase after 20 or so % (he casts fury to statt the transition). To put yourself in the best position to win, your team should do their best to save all OCDs and DCDs until burn phase. To allow this through the non-burn phase, position the group in a large square (ranged classes make this even easier, btw), and when the boss swaps agro, the agro target kites (melee classes too)away until the tank can taunt backand kite. The bosses leap attack does much less damage than his conal ground pound, so doing the kite and leap strat reduces his usage of ground pound, significantly reducing his damage output, and making healing much much easier, while also allowing the group to save dcds. Everyone else that isnt kiting should be dpsing while boss is being kited, until agro switch/taunt, then new person kites. At burn phase, use reflect dcds if you get agro, and otherwise just burn and survive with all your saved cooldowns.

Last boss - tank slow walk him down to the tree at the start of the 3rd area (just after where you use the rocket launcher). There are heal barrerls there if needed, btw. Tank needs to stay mobile as much as possible to help get out of the rectangle red and the circle bombs at the add intervals. Tank can also use the tree to los and kite the boss back and forth, keeping him moving and not attacking. Adds spawn at certain intervals, something like 75%, 60, 40, 25, and 15, so your team should start becoming mobile around those times to get out of the circle bombs hopefully taking damage from 1 or none of them. The adds will stagger down from the mountain, and the dps should be able to pick them off fairly easily one or two at a time. If they come together, since they are mostly ranged, they will sit clump up in the same spot to aoe down. A few assassin adds will come last, and just need to be kept off the healer. If the tank is good and understands the fight well, he can help agro the adds and kite around the tree too. When you get under the 25% mark, DO NOT push the boss past 15% until ready, but kill ALL of that wave of adds, and heal up, conserve energy for the final push. Push the boss past 15% and burn him down. Boss should be dead by the time the first couple adds trickle in, and then its just clean the adds up, or wipe/respawn (and you already won because boss is dead).

Edited by olagatonjedi

I was actually talking Vet Mode. For a random group with random level characters who don't even have all the abilities its way too hard. Sure you can get groups where everyone is good enough to get through in one go but most times you'll get groups with fresh people who don't know the fp and can't survive worth a damn which makes what should be a 30-40 minute flashpoint at most to a few hours at least.

I was actually talking Vet Mode. For a random group with random level characters who don't even have all the abilities its way too hard. Sure you can get groups where everyone is good enough to get through in one go but most times you'll get groups with fresh people who don't know the fp and can't survive worth a damn which makes what should be a 30-40 minute flashpoint at most to a few hours at least.

You are right, Umbara is one that I'll automatically drop out of if there are more than one sub-50 players in it. If you don't care about the daily bonus, then I recommend selecting only the flashpoints that are level-appropriate for your character (https://torcommunity.com/guides/game-basics/storyline) - the earlier flashpoints can by done by lower-levels, and the later ones really can't.

Bioware boosted all the flashpoints to level 70, and then tried to claim boosted level 15's could do all of them which anyone who plays the game knows is just not the case. Sub-50's do not have the defenses and abilites to get through the later flashpoints. Boosting stats is not enough to turn a level 15 into anything comparable to a level 70.

Those strats should work for any level in vet too.

Ok, yeah thats a general issue which everyone complains about. The Veteran mode for the newest FPS is indeed harder, but people kept on complaining about this without any change.

Personally the fp is way too advance and difficult to someone new to game, or new to the role they're doing.

well the issue comes from Tokens to start at a high lvl. you no longer have to learn your class. That along with how easy it is now to lvl, newer players don't really have the chance to actually learn their class. And then the game gets nerfed... so I would do as someone else stated. Avoid the newer FPs until you are a higher lvl and know at least the basics of the class you are on. The new FPs have more mechanics, and increased difficulty. which for one I'm very glad for. This game needs harder content.

well the issue comes from Tokens to start at a high lvl. you no longer have to learn your class. That along with how easy it is now to lvl, newer players don't really have the chance to actually learn their class. And then the game gets nerfed... so I would do as someone else stated. Avoid the newer FPs until you are a higher lvl and know at least the basics of the class you are on. The new FPs have more mechanics, and increased difficulty. which for one I'm very glad for. This game needs harder content.

that isn't an issue of tokens. what exactly are you learning from leveling from 1-70? that you get new skills every level and until 68 the classes has nothing to to with priority list or rotation of an endgame character?

umbara is not difficult for dealing enough damage or healing but it's just difficult due to bad design.

But i dont want them to nerf any content, especially for 4 player group content. there is a lack of hard 4player content for some of the nightmare pve guys.

it is not difficult, it is just lag because of badly optimized by Bioware.

umbara is so far the wire ZL !

and since its release, no fix and no announce for a rework...

fortunately Nathema and A traitor amount Chiss increase the quality level.

I keep faith on a big rework of Umbara.

Edited by Syal

• 4 weeks later...

This game needs to get rid of the forced sync for leveling in phases, update rewards for class stories, make stats while leveling actually matter beyond endurance and power/mastery, place reasonable brackets on flashpoints again, update groupfinder rewards for roles in need and dailies, up the weekly reward by a healthy margin and to actually introduce basic tutorials with super rewarding incentives.

Basic Attacks

Melee/Range difference

Stun

Interrupt

Threat Management

Weapon vs Ability damage

and etc. Come on, all this time to create phased instances full of cut scenes and voice acting and no time to put out a decent tutorial to prep players? Ya don't even have to force it! But on topic, I avoid this and the newer flashpoints like the plague, OP. I don't know how they went from great flashpoints like Manaan and even Battle of Rishi to these super long flashy story-first crap shows. It annoys me because it's really cut down on the fun factor when these pop up. Bolster just isn't effective.