best pvp class for pvp server ?

mmjarec

just curious i'm reading that dps caster/healer class is so verstatile and bursty they can own anyone in pvp? is this true? i wante to play a melee class but i read also that they are difficult unless they are grouped due to limited CC/anti CC options and no heals or range.. like snipers and such, casters, eveyrone owning them.

i'm curious about the stealth class tho i had one in beta and he out did my marauder at DPS but i was only 15..

i'm asking about end game pvp here.

thanks

i'm going to be good at whatever dominates in pvp, and its going to be my favorite. i dont care as long as its a force user/lightsaber class.

i know there are some that will accel at pvp solo and in groups. so just if you know about level 50 pvp plz inform me i've googled it a ton and so far i found that the healer with a dps spec is the most versatile and has the best pvp abilities and dps.

my marauder was a joke, crap armor and worse dps than my stealther. sure maybee sustained dps but i couldnt sustain anything for very long cause of my HP going down which was the exactly same as my rogue.. dont know why a caster/rogue class would have the same hp.

same gear equivalent too. mabyee it was my stealther was a jedi and its side is just easier.but imo marauder is the least dominant class atm thats why its one of the lower represented classes.

I play a jedi knight thats currently lvl 13 and i do very good against rage classes. just got to be able to stay on them and use your cool downs when needed. only think that sucks is i dont have any cc or interupts yet:/

ya but pvp is about burst dmg and tanks usually have none and people can just kite or get away from them, is 14 the most youve got? i'm sure lev 50 is way different.

You dont want to play something that is OP in pvp, you want to play something that is fun.

Agreed. Many times in other mmo's, I wasn't the op person out getting the kills, i was the guy sitting back debuffing and healing, making my entire team op'd, and that was ALOT more fun. That being said, to each his own.

Tordell

Agreed. Many times in other mmo's, I wasn't the op person out getting the kills, i was the guy sitting back debuffing and healing, making my entire team op'd, and that was ALOT more fun. That being said, to each his own.

Tordell

I agree, its senseless playing something just because its good. Every class in PvP has its counters in one way or another. If you enjoy the class you play and get good at it, you can stomp almost anything anyway.

Because I suck at pvp, I will have mutiple chars ready to change every new month when bioware announces which is the OP class.

I will own and be happy else I will make spam threads on forum about unbalances which is not fair to me....its not.

i enjoy whatever is good, please quit telling me that. i dont have a playstyle, i adapt to pwn in pvp. i know there are classes that are better than others at pvp.

if the caster healer was that OP then they would have already said something about it to prepare a nerf, they arent stupid enough to nerf hardcore right at launch.

so... nobody can really predict if they are going to nerf it or not and its a risk i'm willing to take i just want to hear the facts about whats good and whats not please.

I Have seen Juggies and Guardians Destroy in pvp, I ahve seen Mar/Sent's Destroy in pvp, I have seen Sorc/Sages destroy etc etc its more about your playstyle than the class in this game, there really is no FTOM that you get from the other games.

Resource Mgt and timing are the name of the game here.

(point in case the highest overall output I have everseen from a lvl 50 in a WZ was a sith Juggie, 580k in dmg during alderaan while the lvl 50 sorc on their team onnly ran around 260k dmg and 110k heals)

I Have seen Juggies and Guardians Destroy in pvp, I ahve seen Mar/Sent's Destroy in pvp, I have seen Sorc/Sages destroy etc etc its more about your playstyle than the class in this game, there really is no FTOM that you get from the other games.

Resource Mgt and timing are the name of the game here.

(point in case the highest overall output I have everseen from a lvl 50 in a WZ was a sith Juggie, 580k in dmg during alderaan while the lvl 50 sorc on their team onnly ran around 260k dmg and 110k heals)

is this level 50? and solo or group based? i'm pretty sure marauders get pwnd by any decent caster archetype just because they can heal bubble root, knockbackrootetc etc.

so.. only an idiot healer would die to a melee class from what i read so far at 50..

u lev 50?

In general, for dmg #s Trooper/BH is Op'd. However, all the other classes are just as capable in skilled hands except for Knight/Warrior at lower lvls.

All the tank classes are sickiningly good at organized pvp though, but have to be played by very capable hands to excel. The heal classes are all great.

Basically, in PUGs, and in skilled hands, the healings classes are PUG stompers. In organized PvP you need people that can play the other roles well.

And healers don't have great dmg. What they do is heal themselves for long enough that their teamates show up, and most people are so dang tunnel visioned and probably over extended they die.../ragequit and come to the forums to say the healer just killed me, nerf their dmg!:rolleyes:

For the record, I don't play a healer.

If you put a skilled player in control of the classes they're all pretty even. Abilities for all classes have same general design philosophy.

In general, for dmg #s Trooper/BH is Op'd. However, all the other classes are just as capable in skilled hands except for Knight/Warrior at lower lvls.

All the tank classes are sickiningly good at organized pvp though, but have to be played by very capable hands to excel. The heal classes are all great.

Basically, in PUGs, and in skilled hands, the healings classes are PUG stompers. In organized PvP you need people that can play the other roles well.

And healers don't have great dmg. What they do is heal themselves for long enough that their teamates show up, and most people are so dang tunnel visioned and probably over extended they die.../ragequit and come to the forums to say the healer just killed me, nerf their dmg!:rolleyes:

For the record, I don't play a healer.

If you put a skilled player in control of the classes they're all pretty even. Abilities for all classes have same general design philosophy.

well i'm likely going to pug. and i read sorcs specced for dps can burst better than anyone else and heal decently. none of the classes really appeal to me there are only 4 and i wanted to really be able to customize my experience with stat allocation and all there really is is a talent tree.

i do like dual wield or double bladed lightsabers and its really lame that the lightsaber you use is restricted to a class. like a master of melee i would expect to be able to use double bladed singe or dual wield there really isnt much leeway in how you want to play you are forced highly into a role which i dont like, but its star wars.

my shadow had 2x the avoidance and just as much HP and armor as my marauder so i dont know why they would be any good. not much burst dmg and low armor and mitigation and that was going to be my class but i had it the hardest out of any class i tried in beta. i dont want to have to run with a group to not get kited/stunlocked to death and i hear thats what melee is really prone too, they have a few ccs and breaks but the casters i hear have all kinds of cc goodies.

can anyone tell me how it is with a 50 marauder or close?

i would be happy with a glass cannon but it seems they are missing the cannon part?

is the steealther more burst dps?

i just need to get af eel for how they play otherwise i have no clue which i feel more comfortable with or prefer.

sick of these posts yeah guys tell me the best class so i can pwn pvp go back to wow and play your frost mage no ones op and chances are if you need to ask what the op class is your prolly just suck with all classes so give up now Edited by blazingg

I have a 27 bh, and I pvp mostly. In my experience I find that if I am not on the top of the dps i am either second or third. Same goes for kills. I have noticed the following in pvp. Bh are a ton of DMG. I chew up light armor. There are draw backs however. It almost nearly impossible to escape without killing or being killed. If a warrior or inquisi gets on your nuts there isn't much you can do except fight to the death. Additionally Queuing up skills with slight lag on a bh is easy as opposed to being a warrior and having to be within striking distance. Other than that i have a really hard time killing agents smugglers but do end up winning but that is player ability not op ness. Jedi consulate are usually the only class that will kill me consistently. In fact if i do not get the drop on a consular i lose the fight almost always ( the fights are always epic,and super close. This sis how I know the game is balanced. Closer than any other mom vie played).. I rolled a bh because everyone said they are op, but i do not see it. They lack survivability (unless at the expense of DMG) and they lack cc. I suspect warriors will be the strongest class late game with a healer, but that should be the case as they are the only class without a healing spec. Rage > heat/ ammo

sick of these posts yeah guys tell me the best class so i can pwn pvp go back to wow and play your frost mage no ones op and chances are if you need to ask what the op class is your prolly just suck with all classes so give up now

QFT, this is the main reason the OP posted this.