sepulhead

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

instead of working they are partying, no new post for almost a weak now,

Bioware the clock is ticking

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?p0=48&year=2014&month=8&day=19&hour=16&min=0&sec=0

Um...

So we know we are getting the Twitch Live streams weekly until GSH launches.

It is very likely that we are also getting a developer update blog weekly.

They could be busy discussing and writing those.

And *** does this have to do with content?

What exactly is the countdown all about?

And of course they're quiet...it's the month of July 4th...everyone knows they get the month off.

they shouldn't get the month off when the game is struggeling for its survival.

The countdown is the release of strongholds.

No argument from me...I was just pointing it out. Holidays in Austin seem to last full months.

I'm guessing the ignorant "Bioware shouldn't get time off" jokers are kids who haven't yet entered the real world or adults who haven't left their parents basement.

Just because you have no life doesn't mean that others don't either.

I'm guessing the ignorant "Bioware shouldn't get time off" jokers are kids who haven't yet entered the real world or adults who haven't left their parents basement.

There are 4 community reps. Are you thinking all 4 have taken the exact same days off?

Lol, really? Oh, come on. How long is this poor dead horse going to be dug up and beaten? It's getting ridiculous and increasingly laughable. The game may not be exactly what all users want--I'm pretty loud about wanting class story content--but it's certainly not struggling.

OK was your idiocy learned or were you born with it? You really think the people working on this game are just sitting back in Austin doing no work on the game/GSH and collecting a paycheck?

Guess again there is still a lot of work they have to do before GSH is ready on top of the work for the 3.0 update that follows the launch of GSH.

Well, 3.0 will come 1-3 months after 2.9 (ETA, at least).

And to OP - it's their JOB, not their LIFE.

"Work to live; not the other way around"

There are 4 community reps. Are you thinking all 4 have taken the exact same days off?

Or maybe they are busy? I can tell you that the company I work for has shutdown weeks every year where EVERYONE is off except for maintenance techs. So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Of course, if players are so insecure as to need some yellow text every day or they feel EA/BW doesn't care...

Here, maybe this will help. Need a binky, too?

OH NO, someone is being snarky and sarcastic again.

Anything to attack a poster right?

Well, in this circumstance hes kinda right to be snarky and sarcastic. The guy did threaten them with a clock...

Of course they should get time off, they seem to take too much time off from our outsider's perspective though. Nothing seems to get done from the outside looking in for months at a time around holidays.

because its only ok to attack the devs right?

and of course no dev posts on the forum means that obviously NOONE is in the austin studio working :rolleyes:

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Or maybe they are busy? I can tell you that the company I work for has shutdown weeks every year where EVERYONE is off except for maintenance techs. So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Of course, if players are so insecure as to need some yellow text every day or they feel EA/BW doesn't care...

I need a binky, I'm putting on my speedsuit and going to a rave.

I'm not at all insecure - but I enjoy hearing what they are planning. Hearing what they're doing builds confidence in their product. Hearing what they're doing builds excitement. This game lacks both of those right now imo.

Well, 3.0 will come 1-3 months after 2.9 (ETA, at least).

And to OP - it's their JOB, not their LIFE.

"Work to live; not the other way around"

Yes it will probably be about 3 months give or take after the launch of 2.9/GSH before 3.0 is released but I'm willing to bet that they're already working on the 3.0 content along side the 2.9/GSH content.

The OPs obviously is a young kid or never worked in a profession that deals with coding, graphic design, etc. etc. or with deadlines.

because its only ok to attack the devs right?

and of course no dev posts on the forum means that obviously NOONE is in the austin studio working :rolleyes:

I don't believe it's ok to attack anyone, especially another poster. Bioware has the means to remove attacks against them - players don't. Also...2 wrongs don't make a right...3 lefts do...but that's off topic.

I doubt anyone here knows the current work schedule for those employed by EA, but I would bet money that most of them work more hours than almost anyone in these forums. Demanding they work more hours because you are unhappy with the game is a bit obscene.

More progress on the game requires more people, not more whips. For reference of how EA used to be:

http://ea-spouse.livejournal.com/274.html

Additionally, many, many people use the accrued vacation time they have to take the entire week off since they get the one day paid already and it is good weather for a vacation. I have worked in larger companies where 25-30% of the work force takes the week off. Or do the dev's not deserve to take their vacation time because of your displeasure?

Edited by RandomXChance

My buddy is a Lutheran Minister. He gets quite a bit of time off every year between vacations and sabbaticals and the like.

Why? Because believe it or not, his job is very stressful. His flock is older, farm community types, and he spends a lot of time in hospitals and funeral homes. He has to be strong and comforting.

Now look at the crap these ComReps put up with. If I had to deal with some of the idiots that troll these forums I'd need a month off from time to time myself just to keep from losing it and going off on some 12 year old whose entire existence revolves around an online game just because he rants about CS not making multiple forum posts every day.

We're lucky they talk to us at all.

They threatened Bioware...WITH A CLOCK. Its the epitome of nerd rage and misunderstanding of how the REAL WORLD works.

People's paychecks depend on this game. Bioware isn't sitting around doing nothing. So there aren't any forum updates? Who cares. Life goes on. We'll BE OK.