Free recruit for PvP, what does PvE get?

So, my merc just hit 50. first thing i did was buy both war hero medic blasters and got the full recruit set. Over 1.1k expertise so im not getting completely wrecked, making early 50 pvp enjoyable. Where does PvE come into all of this? I understand there is no recruit equivelant in PvE and i find this quite frustrating. If PvPrs (i am one fyi) get a free set giving them a decent 1k expertise boost and an awesome way to get started in pvp, why do PvEs have to grind flashpoints all day and maybe even que for storymode ops? those take forever because most of the people who que for them have no clue how to pve at 50, its not linear based questing anymore.....

im not asking bioware to send free full sets of columi to fresh 50s (although i dont feel thats asking much) but what i want to know is why.

Thanks for responses guys.

Edited by ydenneksirhc

recruit is a fine starter set for both PvP and PvE, and unless youre running Kaon with 3 other guys in full recruit, or your dumb enough to run a LI, you should be fine for anything in the GF at 50 with the exception of T2 FPs (again, dont try LI HM in recruit :p)

I agree, with PvE gear even tionese you have to earn it where as the PvPers get there starter gear for doing nothing, which also has a higher weapon/armor rating than tionese.

It also makes me a little mad that for mainhand columi weapons you have to either play a karaggas palace run (which ops can only be done once a week) with an 1/8 chance of grabbing it or LI HM which while nerfed very few will have the patience of carrying someone undergeared. With PvP you can get your mainhand BM which has higher weapon rating and not much different to stats than columi after 15-20 matches and that's not including dailies and if you play ranked 10 matches a day and you can have the war hero mainhand in a week which is far superior than the columi for less effort.

But at the end of the day there are a lot of PvPers in this "story driven" MMO, BW are trying to please them because they cry more which IMO BW shouldn't be doing, instead they should nerf the PvP gear so it's not really convenient for PvE so people don't get a free ticket to skip the grind.

Recruit mk 2's are good enough for pve, and they're better than anything I had before I hit 50 (unless you're already loaded with all purple lvl 47-49 mods and gear which makes me wonder what you need the starter armor for in the first place)

It doesn't mean that an armor with expertise stat = useless in PVE

I agree, with PvE gear even tionese you have to earn it where as the PvPers get there starter gear for doing nothing, which also has a higher weapon/armor rating than tionese.

It also makes me a little mad that for mainhand columi weapons you have to either play a karaggas palace run (which ops can only be done once a week) with an 1/8 chance of grabbing it or LI HM which while nerfed very few will have the patience of carrying someone undergeared. With PvP you can get your mainhand BM which has higher weapon rating and not much different to stats than columi after 15-20 matches and that's not including dailies and if you play ranked 10 matches a day and you can have the war hero mainhand in a week which is far superior than the columi for less effort.

But at the end of the day there are a lot of PvPers in this "story driven" MMO, BW are trying to please them because they cry more which IMO BW shouldn't be doing, instead they should nerf the PvP gear so it's not really convenient for PvE so people don't get a free ticket to skip the grind.

Your mainhand is one out of twelve. I'm sure you can scrounge up the other eleven pieces to be able to do an OPs run. If anything, I found PvE gearing to be way easier than PvP, I wonder if that's why you get the free PvP set..

First, PVE players also get the free Recruit gear.

Second, PVP and PVE works completely differently.

In PVE you have several tiers of content. Level 50 FP -> HM FP -> SM OPS -> and so on...

If BW gave out free gear equivalent of what you get in for example SM OPS, then all lower tiers would be irrelevant.

(...and the lowest tiers are already irrelevant because PVE people get the free Recruit gear)

In PVP, you have only one tier (or two, if you'd want to count ranked as a different tier, which IMO you shouldn't).

You cannot have people in questing gear in the same WZ as people who have WH/EWH because it would be impossible for the people in questing gear to get anything done, which would be bad for everyone.

Edited by Rassuro

Get recruit gear, do Ilum/BH dailies, run HM flashpoints (don't forget to pick up daily/weekly quest on fleet), EV 'AND' KP via group finder (yes you can do GF ops twice a week, twice the reward) which is doable even in recruit, but if you run a couple HM's you'll be half in columi already, by then you'll have some daily comms too which can buy a rakata implant already, you'll have enough BH comms for an earpiece/waist/wrist, and a mainhand you can buy from the Tionese guy and upgrade the mods when you get better ones.

using this strategy i was full Columi+ in a weekend on my latest 50.

You know all that gear you grabbed while leveling....?

Recruit is simply a booster to get a competitive level of expertise. PvE always gives you that built into the whole system

Edited by Codek

Expertise is a stupid and broken stat, and BioWare's insistence on using it instead of using something akin to Bolster at 50 is the only reason Recruit gear is even in the game.

They never wanted to give ANY handouts, but fresh 50s were getting evaporated even more badly than they are now when they hopped into a WZ against people in full BM+ level gear.

So, rather than fix what was really broken (gear-based PVP), they threw a bandaid on the wound.

You can get full Columi in less than a week thanks to Group Finder, along with enough Tionese comms to fill in any missing stuff with the lower-level gear.

Additional hand-holding is most certainly not needed, and should not be added to satisfy peoples' sense of entitlement.

I'm pretty sure you will get decent to good PvE gear while you level your toon. I'm not sure, let my log and look at it...

Also I'm pretty sure you can complete at least 90% of the flashpoints with decent lvl 45+ pve gear and you will easily get a group of people with the same gear rating to play with you.

On the pvp side you cannot get a decent pvp gear before lvl 50 (you can farm it before) and joining a warzone with 13-14k hp is not funny for you and your team especially when this 13-14k hp is from pve gear. Also, if the recruit gear is beter for pve than your pve gear you just need to get it till you have something better.

Stop posting useless things on the forum with a lack of logic. There is a free pvp gear only because pve queens cried to get one and now they cry because this free pvp gear isnt a full augmented WH gear. According to them everyone should get a free WH gear at 50 to make things fair for the pve'er while there should not be a free Campain/Black hole gear for every fresh 50.

Basicaly, people like you want the easy and QUICK farm for gear to be inexistant so there is going to have less things to do and absolutly no reward for being good/have played for a long time.

boohoo Bioware gimme free stuff, I dont want to farm gear in a faster way than the actual top geared players, its unfair, they had to farm their gear in a more RNG based way and in a harder way therefor I should get free stuff.

Nice try,bad idea

I'm pretty sure you will get decent to good PvE gear while you level your toon. I'm not sure, let my log and look at it...

Also I'm pretty sure you can complete at least 90% of the flashpoints with decent lvl 45+ pve gear and you will easily get a group of people with the same gear rating to play with you.

On the pvp side you cannot get a decent pvp gear before lvl 50 (you can farm it before) and joining a warzone with 13-14k hp is not funny for you and your team especially when this 13-14k hp is from pve gear. Also, if the recruit gear is beter for pve than your pve gear you just need to get it till you have something better.

Stop posting useless things on the forum with a lack of logic. There is a free pvp gear only because pve queens cried to get one and now they cry because this free pvp gear isnt a full augmented WH gear. According to them everyone should get a free WH gear at 50 to make things fair for the pve'er while there should not be a free Campain/Black hole gear for every fresh 50.

Basicaly, people like you want the easy and QUICK farm for gear to be inexistant so there is going to have less things to do and absolutly no reward for being good/have played for a long time.

boohoo Bioware gimme free stuff, I dont want to farm gear in a faster way than the actual top geared players, its unfair, they had to farm their gear in a more RNG based way and in a harder way therefor I should get free stuff.

Nice try,bad idea

You are why everyone hates quebec. Congratulations.

Your mainhand is one out of twelve. I'm sure you can scrounge up the other eleven pieces to be able to do an OPs run. If anything, I found PvE gearing to be way easier than PvP, I wonder if that's why you get the free PvP set..

I'm talking about the mainhand, which you either need to have a lucky roll on kp sm once a week or farm LI HM (which while the fp is balanced for someone almost in full columi it's probably not the easiest route).

I found getting both the BM offhand and mainhand on my main a lot easier than getting a columi mainhand drop. In fact I only replaced the BM hand weapons with rakata after getting two offhand drops on gharg in EV HM. My main being a sent that was easier but when gearing a class where it's not as easy as ripping the mods out of the offhand and you need the mainhand drops.

With PvP as long as you play well you get the comms (you can even lose and complete the dailies), you don't lose nothing or waste any time in gearing up providing you play well as the system rewards you on how you play with tradable comms that can be spent on any type of gear including weapons. For PvE apart from the weak tionese weapons you don't have that guarantee, it's either get lucky on a roll or try again next week. You can play through the entire 4 ops of any mode and come back empty handed.

IMO I don't think it's fair PvPers should be able to earn gear of similar quality to some of the PvE gear that easily, or it should be nerfed with the standard stats/weapon/armor ratings in order to make all PvE gear superior in all areas bar expertise of course.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

There is a free pvp gear only because pve queens cried to get one and now they cry because this free pvp gear isnt a full augmented WH gear.

That's not even remotely close to the logic behind providing a free PvP suit at 50. It wasn't PvEers complaining about not having PvP gear. It was fresh 50s who weren't hard core PvPers while they were leveling complaining that whenever they went into a match, they were completely outclassed by hard core PvPers who drastically outgeared them in every imaginable way.

Even though you'll rarely see a PvPer admit it, PvP is just as gear dependent as PvE is. Throw a fresh Recruit geared player against a fully Auged WH geared player and, assuming the WH player isn't a complete idiot, the WH player will win handily.

As such, there *should* exist a gear progression for PvP gear within the confines of the game, just like there is for PvE, but there isn't, and there won't be unless the developers decide to cut up and divy out the players in the realm of PvP into small group, thereby reducing the likelihood of getting PvP queues to pop at any time other than the absolute busiest hours. As such, PvP provides recruit gear to any and all fresh 50s to provide a starting point wherein you don't have to spend the first 30 hours of your PvP experience devoted to getting roflstomped so you can actually afford some gear that might lend you the slightest chance of winning.

In PvE, each level of content is discretely difficult and drops the relevant gear for that difficulty. When you queue up or join a group for a certain piece of content, you know what to expect. If you're not in or close to fully aug'd Campaign, you're not gonna do well in HM TfB. If you're not full Columi, you're not gonna do well in HM KP or EV.

In PvP, you don't get to choose discrete difficulty levels. It's all based upon what the other team is wearing. You might someday get lucky and stumbled upon a disorganized group of fresh 50s without any recruit gear and then get hit with a band of guilded fully aug'd WH players that proceed to stomp your face in. The variance in difficulty is too large to enforce anything resembling the same degree of gear progression that you see in PvE, so the developers saw fit to simply give everyone the same starting point so that, at the very least, they stand some minute chance of winning against or, at least, contributing to their team when faced with people that drastically overgear them.