Collection cost

I recently added a silver-blue indestructible crystal, and a derelict-purple indestructible crystal to my collections for fairly cheap as CC go. I was happy with the price and gladly paid that to add them to my collections.

When I went to add my 2 white crystals, one eviscerating and one hawkeye, I was a bit put out to see that it costs 600 coins each to add them. I assume it's because they are rare as crystals go, but 600? Really? Is it just me or is that a bit much to add something already purchased to collections?

If I want to, I can wait for 2 stipends and add them then but that kinda kills me as I like to save and see what they put out in the updates that I can get with my sub stipends.

I guess my questions are these: Do you think the collections system is all around a fair deal? If not, what changes would you make?

Edited by KorathTheCool

Well apparently it's quite legitimate to move white crystals around your alt characters FOC using legacy weapons - so really the cartel coin cost doesn't really matter as for all terms and purposes you can have unlimited white crystals (for your and your alts use) for free.

I don't like all of the prices in the collections system but I think it is overall fair. It's account rather than legacy unlocks and infinite duplication is rather powerful when it comes to equippable items. I wish that you could preview what the unlock costs were though as I've yet to figure out the "rules" on pricing and it would be nice not having to. A "Rare" outfit is 90 while a speeder is 60... though I think the Covert Energy set was 60 too due to being only 3 pieces. As an alternative to letting us preview unlock costs the devs could post a list of them here somewhere... Edited by Pscyon

I thought people were getting banned for this? Did I misread something?

Yep. I'd recommend ignoring all information that was not writted by a BW employee.

Eric Musco pointed it out, if you check the Dev Tracker. People who were given 1 week suspensions were done so accidentally -- and he openly stated that using legacy weapons to transfer anything is perfectly fine. Even copied crystals.

Those gems can be used at level 10. In both mainhand and offhand for all your alts and all their companions.

per character this means the unlock is worth 12 max level gems.

seeing as you can buy 1 of those gems between 100 and 200k both the power/cc and the cc/igcredits balance is highly beneficial.

If you can then spend 600 cc to get them on 8 chars x 5 companions that means a wopping 8 x6 x 2 = 96 gems. for a relatively low amount of cartel coins spend. (hell you can get it for 100k + 600cc. Which is tbh rediculously low for the amount of gems recieved.

The only items i see that are more beneficial are the level 1 adaptable armor sets. for the 1800 cc you can have fully moddable gear on ALL your characters and companions.

I honestly think they've got the prices "more or less" right for some of the crystals. I just finished getting the all 4 Silver-Blue ones, and at 240CC for Hawkeye, Eviscerating and War Hero, and 60CC for Indestructible the only complaint I have is that I think War hero should be 60CC, given that anyone with a PvP weapon gets +41 expertise by default. Moreover, with the prevalence of Legacy weapons and the confirmation that it is NOT an exploit to move crystals around in that manner, I could conceivably pay 240CC for the convenience of a Hawkeye unlock, but anything more than that and I'd just use a legacy weapon to transfer it over and BW get nothing instead of me spending 240 of my Cartel Credits.

What bugs me more than anything about the costs is actually the ambiguity with which costs are assigned. The Orange level 35 crystals that you can buy with CC direct from the store cost 450CC to account-unlock. Other crystals, with exactly the same stats but a lower min level requirement cost 240CC, or 60CC, or 600CC (As with the white ones). It's not as if the rarity of these items isn't already accounted for in the availability and cost of acquiring those items to put in your collections listing in the first place.

I havent played since early in the game, so a couple of dumb questions...

Collections are Cartel Coin items only?

What are the white crystals you speak of? weapon crystals?

Edited by Miskenzar

I havent played since early in the game, so a couple of dumb questions...

Collections are Cartel Coin items only?

What are the white crystals you speak of? weapon crystals?

Yes, to the best of my knowledge, Collections are set of Cartel Items only. That being said, you don't need to have had any Cartel Coins yourself. You could Earn in-game Credits and then just buy things from the GTN, although given the prices, you'd never get any decent full sets with the credit cap.

Yes, Crystals being referred to here are colour crystals for weapons/off-hands.