Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jawa balloon in Tatooine disappeared WHILE riding it!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Jawa balloon in Tatooine disappeared WHILE riding it!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NickM
12.30.2011 , 10:51 AM | #11
Had this happen two nights ago while riding it with two friendly Jedi. It despawned on us and we were all quite pissed, as the whole waiting for them balloon and the ride took nearly an hour.

Submitted a ticket, got their usual "****, ****. Galactic Support is out speciality. close ticket."

Tegue
12.30.2011 , 05:29 PM | #12
Just happened on Mind Prison. 3 guildies (including myself), and one random person all just had the balloon despawn us before reaching the datacrons and then the balloon apparently re-spawned by the start point and started over again.

oceansofmars
12.30.2011 , 05:34 PM | #13
Same thing just happened to my brother and I today.

It vanished and we were so close!
Get Rich Or Die Trying

Daedricon
12.30.2011 , 07:11 PM | #14
Happened to me about 2 hours ago, I was over the imperial outpost, idk the actual name but there were imperial guys out around some small buildings and it just de-spawned and nearly killed me when I fell. I looked around and saw the balloon way off into the distance almost halfway to the burred sandcrawler you use to get on the balloon. I was able to use it last night though, it didn't mess up or anything and I was on it with 3-4 other people. Just don't understand it this bug/glitch. I know its optional to get the datacrons but its impossible to get now period.

Wakantanka
12.31.2011 , 12:39 PM | #15
Here is a tip for BW developers, if you make an hour long ballon ride to get to an objective, it better be ROCK F'ING SOLID.

If you can't do this, which is understandable given everything else that needs to be done, there is a much easier way to prevent pissing off your customers like this, make the ride take 5-10 minutes so we can be only mildly annoyed and retry the ride until the bug is fixed.

Sorry had to vent, after me and another guy fell off 5 minutes before the crawler. This was the other poor souls 3rd ride after having it disappear twice and him missing one of the datacron's on the ride that actually worked. Luckily I am a consular and dueled him and used force wave to launch him up to get the one he missed, I on the other hand will have to try again.

He mentioned that both times it bugged there where more than just him on the balloon, while the one time it did not bug he was alone.

BlueRyder
12.31.2011 , 04:56 PM | #16
This just happened to me Today on Vorrnskir. So mad. I was alone at the time and only a short ways away from the crawler. Mega lame.

FrontierFighter
01.01.2012 , 02:13 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Wakantanka View Post
Here is a tip for BW developers, if you make an hour long ballon ride to get to an objective, it better be ROCK F'ING SOLID.

If you can't do this, which is understandable given everything else that needs to be done, there is a much easier way to prevent pissing off your customers like this, make the ride take 5-10 minutes so we can be only mildly annoyed and retry the ride until the bug is fixed.

Sorry had to vent, after me and another guy fell off 5 minutes before the crawler. This was the other poor souls 3rd ride after having it disappear twice and him missing one of the datacron's on the ride that actually worked. Luckily I am a consular and dueled him and used force wave to launch him up to get the one he missed, I on the other hand will have to try again.

He mentioned that both times it bugged there where more than just him on the balloon, while the one time it did not bug he was alone.
Agreed. Both times I did it...on DIFFERENT servers and this being a DIFFERENT thread I post on, it happened to me again, first try. The wait time for this is disgustingly arrogant. I wanted to be civil in my first post of this ever, but this time it's just arrogant BS that must be patched ASAP. Waiting for this garbage on a PvP server sweating if that red target is going to gank me or not just to wait the maximum time to get the dumb balloon to despawn over halfway is unacceptable. I know that this is technically optional, but it's a feature of the game and I'm getting screwed over on every character I attempt this on. I'd ask for compensation if I had faith in it, so I won't even do that. It's terrible to wait so long hands down, but the balloon having an attitude to despawn? Why? Why? Why? I did what -I- was supposed to.

Lagersuufer
01.01.2012 , 12:18 PM | #18
It just happened to me, and it coincided precisely with my pulling up my wold map. Not sure if it is related, but possible.

shazzyrm
01.02.2012 , 03:28 PM | #19
It just happened to me to, gonna try again and hope it doesn't happen again. Only trouble is, i'm back at the balloon base and the balloon has already been and gone. *tears hair out*

EDIT
It went ok the second time and got my datacrons

Scaverous
01.02.2012 , 04:08 PM | #20
Same thing here. Got dropped while in sight of the destination sandcrawler.

I have noticed the Jawa Balloon will only go around a few times and reset. I was waiting for it on the buried Jawa sancrawler pickup point. Suddenly I see it to the right of the crawler to the east roughly about 50-60 meters from the buried crawler. This was both good and bad. Bad cause I had to wait for it to make one whole pass to come back to the buried crawler. The good was that when I got on it had plenty of "lifespan" left in it for the ride to the destination sandcrawler with the datacrons. This is how I got it on my third attempt. The flightpath of the Jawa Ballon has a start and an endpoint. It should be a complete circle.

I hope this helps somehow.