Trying to refamiliarize, anyone have a moment?

Akharus

Hi all, just resubbed. Last time I played, the pvp dogfights with fighters was not even a thing and I believe the level cap was still 50 and I was waiting for new content to drop, lol.

So... uhm, a lot has changed.

I was queued with my friend for some WZs, and I noticed they were all little 5 man death matches. What the heck? I remember all these cool warzones.... http://www.swtor.com/holonet/warzones <---- these ones! I loved those!

Where are they? Am I just getting REALLY unlucky with warzone pops or am I doing something wrong?

I'd also be happy if someone told me what the ranked matches are and how the star fighter thing works. I tried to google but there's surprisingly little up to date information about the game out there.

Thanks!

Welcome back!

Yup a lot has changed since lvl 50 for sure. The warzones are still there but now, do to population issues when there are not enough players in the que (for example in the mornings, lunch) the game puts the people into so called "arenas" where you go 4v4 instead of 8v8. So its just meant to provide pops for people even if there is less people in que.

Ranked warzones are rated matches where the best should take on the eachother. You received rating for your wins and lose rating for loses. You can find the leaderboards on the swtor website where you can keep track of your toon. There are rewards at the end of the season, the next one starts middle of december. Be warned, ranked is filled with toxic players, wintraders, cheaters and so on.

GSF is accessed with the small ship icon next to your map, below the groupfinder. Its quite complex to get into. You should pick up the mission from the PVP terminal "Introduction to starfighter" maybe also do the GSF tutorial. In short you pick your ships and get currency to upgrade them. If you played X-wing in the past you will find it easy to control.

To add to what merovejec already covered... it sounds like you might still be in "lowbies" or "mids". (Under max level.) Under max level warzones have been almost always arenas for a while (due to population like was already said). You might see some 8v8's during whatever prime time is for your server. If you are on Star Forge for example, around and after 8 PM they will probably start to show up.

Once you hit max level it will flip, and you will see mostly 8v8.

"lowbies" or "mids".

Oh yeah, you are probably right! I didnt realize this, but yes, since you came back and qued then you must be in the lower level bracket. As it was said those are even worse as there is little point to que lowbies/midbies since there really is no benefit from that. You level very slowly this way and you do not get any reward that you could use later on so people mostly avoid these.

Thanks everyone!

Yes this was with a new character I made to join a friend with... the teens and 20s.

Win trading... that sounds horrible. Do unranked 8v8s pop much on Star Forge? I really mostly just want to enjoy the story and randomly fight in WZs :) I rather dislike "arena" due to it almost always being a fustercluck of miserable people flavor of the monthing and doing anything not yet classified as cheating to win, lol (I played WoW some years back, can you tell? :-P).

Right now I'm sitting here in shock at how many names are unavailable... I'm not entirely sure anything I make will be pronounceable at this point! Any idea if they will do another one of those "log in to prevent a name purge" dealies like they did way back when after the first merges?

Also... uhm... every single flashpoint and warzone I am ranked up to 70? Does this mean that you can basically do anything in the game with anyone from any level? Because I noticed I got down leveled on Dromund Kaas, too.

Thanks again all :)

Thanks everyone!

Yes this was with a new character I made to join a friend with... the teens and 20s.

Win trading... that sounds horrible. Do unranked 8v8s pop much on Star Forge? I really mostly just want to enjoy the story and randomly fight in WZs :) I rather dislike "arena" due to it almost always being a fustercluck of miserable people flavor of the monthing and doing anything not yet classified as cheating to win, lol (I played WoW some years back, can you tell? :-P).

Right now I'm sitting here in shock at how many names are unavailable... I'm not entirely sure anything I make will be pronounceable at this point! Any idea if they will do another one of those "log in to prevent a name purge" dealies like they did way back when after the first merges?

Also... uhm... every single flashpoint and warzone I am ranked up to 70? Does this mean that you can basically do anything in the game with anyone from any level? Because I noticed I got down leveled on Dromund Kaas, too.

Thanks again all :)

i think all server for unranked should pop regularly without no problem

for names if you have problem with names that are taken just use gibberish name like oiufhsj i guaratee no one use ;)

on planet you get level synch and on pvp you get bolstered

Do unranked 8v8s pop much on Star Forge? I really mostly just want to enjoy the story and randomly fight in WZs :) I rather dislike "arena" due to it almost always being a fustercluck of miserable people flavor of the monthing and doing anything not yet classified as cheating to win, lol (I played WoW some years back, can you tell? :-P).

I ran through lows/mids on Star Forge for a few months leading up to 6.0, and in those brackets I would get almost all arenas except around prime time. An 8v8 might pop once in a while during the day, and then for a few hours around 8-10 PM EST or so. Once you get to level 75 it flips, and you will see mostly 8v8s. Maybe early in the day you might see more arenas, but that usually doesn't last very long in my experience. But you will still get arenas occasionally, but you will see mostly 8v8. And probably mostly huttball, because there are now 3 huttball maps, and so the odds are in favor of one of those (3 out of... er 8 maps now I think?).

I doubt, in any match except for ranked, that you will see people doing any and everything to win anymore. You will sometimes get a team where most people are trying to win. You will, again in my experience, just as often get a team where everyone is off doing their own thing... deathmatching, trying to get 1v1's, standing in the acid healing themselves, AFK in the corner, etc. I guess if you want to minimize the number of people on your team that are playing the way you don't like (whatever it is you want a WZ to be like) then you can team up with 3 others and at least get 1/2 the team to play "correctly'". :D

BTW, lows=10-40, mids=41-74; I'd guess. The split used to be at level 41, and I doubt bioware changed that.

It bolsters everyone's stats in warzones, but there are level brackets. In pvp it's lowbies (10-49), midbies (50-74) and max lvl. Not sure about the exact current levels, and not sure about flashpoints. Out in the world our stats are now scaled down to match the max level of a given planet.

Lowbie and midbie pvp used to be more fun and thus more active when they rewarded currency used for max lvl gear. Hopefully this will be the case again in the future.

Hi all, just resubbed. Last time I played, the pvp dogfights with fighters was not even a thing and I believe the level cap was still 50 and I was waiting for new content to drop, lol.

So... uhm, a lot has changed.

I was queued with my friend for some WZs, and I noticed they were all little 5 man death matches. What the heck? I remember all these cool warzones.... http://www.swtor.com/holonet/warzones <---- these ones! I loved those!

Where are they? Am I just getting REALLY unlucky with warzone pops or am I doing something wrong?

I'd also be happy if someone told me what the ranked matches are and how the star fighter thing works. I tried to google but there's surprisingly little up to date information about the game out there.

Thanks!

This is a set up post and most of u all bit. Garbarge is garbage.. if you cannot pvp in regs...lol