Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing ‘Onslaught’, the Newest Expansion Coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing ‘Onslaught’, the Newest Expansion Coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZionHalcyon
04.14.2019 , 07:21 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Trlance View Post
- only killing enemys? What about Star Fortress? Great 14 chapter KoTFE where you play and fight with Mandos? Walking with Walker not once? Party in Palace Dragon on Zakuul and a lot of fun in it? This things were so original not mention epic story. You said it's dull? Then what? .. Whining Tau Idair on Ossus is better? Here you will got AGAIN 1 or 2 hours gameplay. There? .. 9 chapters and 9 diffrent locations inside each of them.

+ on Kotfe and Kotet story you have smth epic in every cutscene. Satele, Marr, Arcann, Vaylin, Valkorion, Senya, VIzla, SCORPIO (random companion and what? .. she taked Eternal Throne!) and whole Eternal Empire thing. When you said it's dull then you just trolling.

Here what you have? Again DULL war between Jedi vs Sith? With crying Tau Idair on front and Malgus with what i didn't share single word on Ossus? Like Vitiate said to Arkvin Hood - Jedi Knight on Ziost: "how pathetic".

- sure .. soon like 6.0 coming "soon". I still wait for Zenith and Holiday. I don't care about companion console on Odessen.

~ Tsukito , Alliance Commander
different strokes for different folks. Just because you're extremely easy to please doesn't mean all of us are.

EmperorRus
04.14.2019 , 07:27 AM | #42
So what about returning companions? I'm starting to get a little pissed off
  • Kira Carsen(Jedi Knight)
  • Lord Scourge(Jedi Knight)
  • Darth Zash(Sith Inquisitor; if you sided with her)
  • Tharan Cedrax(Jedi Consular)
  • Zenith(Jedi Consular)
#MakeSorcsGreatAgain #RemoveOperatives

ZionHalcyon
04.14.2019 , 07:58 AM | #43
So in an effort to be constructive, I do have a list of questions about the expansion that I have no doubt likely won't be answered this early (yeah I know, so much for being positive), but I still think will be high on the list of what people want to know:
  • Gearing: is the entire thing being reworked, or is it just a tactical slot being added?
  • Planets: are we talking Vanilla planet size, SoR planet size, Ziost/Oricon planet size, Czerka moon planet size, or Zakuul "world of hallways" type planet?
  • Story: based on past metrics, how long do you anticipate people clearing the story?
  • Companions: can we look forward to the return of our companions once and for all here?
  • Companions: will we be able to continue our relationship with our married companions, or will this aspect be forgotten about?

Palaemus
04.14.2019 , 08:27 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-angelus View Post
please provide more info with the gearing system. Every gear system you implement made it worse than before. Legacy gears is not a problem. This time listen to the community, and develop with them, not against them
+1

bump

Batwer
04.14.2019 , 08:31 AM | #45
My wishes:
- A long story.
- No choppy stories. It should all come out at once.
- Great planets with lots to discover and quests.
- Much more time with our love interest.
- No forced companions.
- Less RNG, Everyone should have the same chance of getting equipment. Solo players, PVE and PVPers.
- The surgery should have no influence on the story. Not like Oricon.
- etc
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Sarova
04.14.2019 , 08:38 AM | #46
Cautiously optimistic about this announcement. I made more comments here in the other thread and like others have concerns about the future of our companions who aren't Lana.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Trlance
04.14.2019 , 08:55 AM | #47
Quote:
extremely easy to please
- where i said i like that? I wrote what Swtor should give and 6.0 thing doesn't mean i want smth random dirty things like Ossus with no real action around Jedi and Sith

ZionHalcyon
04.14.2019 , 09:07 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Trlance View Post
- where i said i like that? I wrote what Swtor should give and 6.0 thing doesn't mean i want smth random dirty things like Ossus with no real action around Jedi and Sith
You didn't need to say that. It's obvious just reading what makes you happy.

CloudCastle
04.14.2019 , 09:27 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
My wishes:
- A long story.
- No choppy stories. It should all come out at once.
- Great planets with lots to discover and quests.
- Much more time with our love interest.
- No forced companions.
- Less RNG, Everyone should have the same chance of getting equipment. Solo players, PVE and PVPers.
- The surgery should have no influence on the story. Not like Oricon.
- etc
I pretty much second this! (I think "surgery" here is supposed to mean "operation?" Probably a Google translate issue.)

What I'd like to see is:

1) STORY REPLAYABILITY - doesn't have to be some epic saga, a shortish story is perfectly fine, I just want to be able to see multiple faction stories and alternate paths so I can enjoy it on all my many alts. Doing the same story over and over and over again with little variation is what turned me off to KOTFE +.

2) Open world planets - please, no "planets" consisting of closed instances and corridors. I want to explore and I want to see other players exploring with me. Ossus was good.

3) No "serialization." This is not a TV show. I want to feel immersed all at once with a beginning, middle and an end. I can't plan out story paths for my characters if I can't see where I'm going. I hate story limbo. Please.

4) Let me take any companion I want on my journey! Adventuring alongside favorite companions is what made me love this game.

5) Is Galactic Command still going to be a realistic option for gearing? As long as the grind isn't ridiculous I don't mind it. It's quite nice for getting all my alts up to speed.

Expansion sounds promising BW. I've been waiting for Nautolans since day 1!

swiftrav
04.14.2019 , 09:35 AM | #50
This is indeed great new to hear and very much looking forward to the new content. but I do have a few question?
1) Will the story actually be a descent amount of time and not short like before.
2)Gear and new stats bonuses?

While I know you just announced this info. I'm really hoping you go into great detail about the info on gear and not but silent like this last update.