Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Xinika

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you find BiS for shadow items? link or tell PLEASE!

The question has been asked many times and I'm going to give you the same answer than to everyone: There is actualy no clear information on this.

The formulaes of mechanics of SWTOR are slightly complicated, and at most, you'll find over-simplifications telling you to try to maintain a given ratio between crit/surge/power (for DPS) and between shield/absorb/def (for def tank). Those information are slightly wrong, but at least are a reasonable approximation that will lead to an improvment of your gear.

No one has been able to propose a convaincing BiS that would be acceptable by most people. You can ask 10 good players and will gather 10 version of the BiS, conforming to their play styles.

I'll be surprised to see anyone provide you a link with a credible BiS (if any give you a link to a BiS anyway)

What are general points and overall accepted by everyone is:

- Precision suck, drop it all (obvious. We have told this to Bioware, but the dev actualy don't seem to see why we are all convainced of it)

- As we don't really have usage auto-crit ability (Particule Acceleration leads to too much force consumption), critical rate and surge are both equal in value and you should try to keep them overall at the same height to optimize the dps output (if you are a DPS).

- As DPS goes, a point of power is more important than a point of willpower. So if you can do a 1-1 trade for power, do it.

- On defense, PvE and PvP works differently. On PvE you need more def/shield/absorb, on PvP overall HP tend to take a more important part because there is far less attacks you can deflect with those mechanisms

Now for the ratios, I don't remember exactly what is recommanded generaly. I don't use them much since I took time to program a bot to make the calculations and modding for myself.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great thread...for someone like me that is basically 'frightened' of pvp (just don't like it normally at all) this has really made me want to give it a try on my un-used level 50 Shadow. Yep, she's only got the crap recruit gear right now but what the heck...the Youtube video on Shinarika (

) was a blast to watch and I'm definately going to give pvp another go.

I am very much hoping that either Shinarika themself - or some other more experienced/kind pvp'ers here - can help advise me on a few things. Please excuse any noobish questions - I'm no where near as experienced in pvp as you lot ;)

1 - in the above video (and indeed at the start of this thread) Shinarika suggests a few builds to use - not sure if I should go for Balance or Infiltration yet. Is any one of these builds better to start off with for learning the pvp basics or which one would others just say "go for it" with? Infact I think that since the videos were posted there's been a few updates since then - are there any changes to spending points I should be aware of with 1.5 here?

2 - I will of course have to figure out what skill rotations to use - I've had all my skill points refunded since I last used this character - but thankfully Shinarika has posted another video with a guide - thanks so much for that Shinarika. Is there any other general combat advice anyone can share?

3 - starting gear - is the basic recruit gear good enough? What is the first sort of gear set combo I should aim for?

If anyone can help PLEASE do - it will be very much appreciated. I'm due to have to take some time off work soon for an op on my foot (fractured bone needs to be fixed) so I'm hoping this will be the perfect way to relax, have some fun and learn something during my down time :)

Edited by evilharb

Anyone?! No? shame...was looking forward to trying this out. All I really need to know right now is a basic build recommendation to start with - I'm guessing that the builds Shinarika listed may have changed slightly (as in points used in which tree) since a patch was placed, but if anyone can help recommend something I would like to try this Shadow/pvp thing out!

Anyone?! No? shame...was looking forward to trying this out. All I really need to know right now is a basic build recommendation to start with - I'm guessing that the builds Shinarika listed may have changed slightly (as in points used in which tree) since a patch was placed, but if anyone can help recommend something I would like to try this Shadow/pvp thing out!

Check your inbox

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Xinika, glad to see you've returned. Can you help me out with something I've been pondering for a while? Is it true that the crit soft cap is 30%? If that's the case, is it better to reach 30% unbuffed for full deception or only 25% like the wakajin guide in the assassins' section says?

Hey Xinika, glad to see you've returned. Can you help me out with something I've been pondering for a while? Is it true that the crit soft cap is 30%? If that's the case, is it better to reach 30% unbuffed for full deception or only 25% like the wakajin guide in the assassins' section says?

Only 25%. I recommend 25% as well in the 1.3 Tutorial.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the best 1v1 spec? I'm not playing rated warzones, only pugs and I tend to go solo whether to cap or defend a node because I really don't trust others in public games to do it. So what would the best spec for me be?

Edit: oh and if it's a kinetic build, I just get full dps gear with a shield right?

Edited by stavrakas

What is the best 1v1 spec? I'm not playing rated warzones, only pugs and I tend to go solo whether to cap or defend a node because I really don't trust others in public games to do it. So what would the best spec for me be?

Edit: oh and if it's a kinetic build, I just get full dps gear with a shield right?

No Focus

OP updated with new specs and it's best if you're going for DPS to use a Focus. If going full tank, grab a shield.

For the 0/27/14 or the full infiltration build is Exit Strategy really mandatory? I was thinking of putting those 2 points on Shadowy Veil, gives about 5-6% more damage reduction. For the opening burst there obviously won't be any stacks of exit strategy available anyway (maybe 1) so it doesn't matter. For the duration of the fight isn't the extra dmg reduction more useful?

Also, for the full infiltration build the 2 points in kinetic are better spent on technique mastery or applied force? Is the armor penetration better than the boost to clairvoyant strike's dmg?

For the 0/27/14 or the full infiltration build is Exit Strategy really mandatory? I was thinking of putting those 2 points on Shadowy Veil, gives about 5-6% more damage reduction. For the opening burst there obviously won't be any stacks of exit strategy available anyway (maybe 1) so it doesn't matter. For the duration of the fight isn't the extra dmg reduction more useful?

I mean, if you're getting attacked, then yes it's fine to make this exchange. Personal preference, really.

Also, for the full infiltration build the 2 points in kinetic are better spent on technique mastery or applied force? Is the armor penetration better than the boost to clairvoyant strike's dmg?

Based on the changes, Clairvoyant Strike has become even more useless. It's only good to use it to get the project bonus damage proc. Most of your damage will be coming from SS and Project. The ArP talent covers all abilities rather than just 1.

I mean, if you're getting attacked, then yes it's fine to make this exchange. Personal preference, really.

Based on the changes, Clairvoyant Strike has become even more useless. It's only good to use it to get the project bonus damage proc. Most of your damage will be coming from SS and Project. The ArP talent covers all abilities rather than just 1.

I assume the 0/27/14 build it runs shadow tech?. And 25% crit unbuffed?.

Is there a particular rotation you would suggest? or is it just a priority list with this spec?.

I can't seem to find a direct answer to this question, So I thought I would post it here for ref: Pure builds have a fairly easy choice for what Tech to use, as they usually have talents to buff a particular one. But what tech would you suggest for hybrid builds that either don't have or cant get a tech buffer? (A good example would be 27/0/14, particularly with the idea that a Focus is better than a Shield Generator. Though I assume things like Impact Control DO dictate which to use for that case.) Edited by DualDeuce
Grammar

I assume the 0/27/14 build it runs shadow tech?. And 25% crit unbuffed?.

Is there a particular rotation you would suggest? or is it just a priority list with this spec?.

Just whatever is up really. It's very unpredictable and has a lot of options to deal with. Plays similar to infil, but with much more flexibility.

I can't seem to find a direct answer to this question, So I thought I would post it here for ref: Pure builds have a fairly easy choice for what Tech to use, as they usually have talents to buff a particular one. But what tech would you suggest for hybrid builds that either don't have or cant get a tech buffer? (A good example would be 27/0/14, particularly with the idea that a Focus is better than a Shield Generator. Though I assume things like Impact Control DO dictate which to use for that case.)

Combat Technique for 27/0/14. It plays just like a full KC spec with the trade of Slow Time for FiB.

Edited by Xinika