Pop Culture references you would like to see

Halinmonk

A lot of MMOs have small shout outs or eeaster eggs in game to popular culture or other well known things, just as small little tid bits. What kind would you like to see?

I wouldn't mind a Doctor Who reference, something like a cluster of random NPCs sitting in a random space port talking about their ship the "SS Blue Box" named "Doctor John Smith" and "Captain Jack <Doctor John Smith's Companion>" "Rosa Tlyin <Doctor John Smith's Companion>" and so on.

Did any of the films include pop culture references? I don't remember any.

I mean, Snooki references aren't really the same when you are in a galaxy far, far away (Snooki might be the name of a crime lord or a Jedi master, though...).

I guess there are ways, but I don't want them to start looking for ways to make everything a joke, either.

Snooki the Hutt might be funny, but a little of this can go a long way, and too much can really ruin the atmosphere.

Edited by Mithros

I mean, Snooki references aren't really the same when you are in a galaxy far, far away (Snooki might be the name of a crime lord or a Jedi master, though...).

I guess there are ways, but I don't want them to start looking for ways to make everything a joke, either.

Snooki the Hutt might be funny, but a little of this can go a long way, and too much can really ruin the atmosphere.

This.

YOu know its gone too far when they introduce Haris Pilton who sells a bag and useless jewelry.....

I would like to see some ester eggs, but they don't have to be pop culture references. I would prefer some old sci-fi mivie references or references to other movies from George Lucas. So that most people would not even get the reference. The Clone Wars show has some stuff like that, which I really enjoy.

Other than references to other Star Wars properties (especially KOTOR), yeah, I'd rather not see any.

As far as Doctor Who references, weren't the weird Chevin Conglomerate phone booth transporter thingies (which seem to have stuck around even though the event is over) close enough for you?

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

Easter Egg-type Star Wars references (like the Darth and group of Bounty Hunters on the Ziost Shadow bridge), yes. References to real-world people or events, no thank you. It's sort of immersion breaking, and doesn't really fit the Star Wars atmosphere.

Also, I really hate Doctor Who.

Actually, there is multiple in this game already:

Just to point out a few...

Night at the Roxbury:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfgXqQyprY

Also more recently..

The Hologram during phase 1 of the Puzzle fight in TFB is named "Master Control" Well since we are in a computer during that fight you can safely assume that he is a program, thus named "Master Control" (Program) The main villian in the original Tron movie (not legacy) was also a computer program named "Master Control Program"

They're in this game, you just got to look around. ;)

Edited by Voren_Kurn

Actually, there is multiple in this game already:

Just to point out a few...

Night at the Roxbury:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfgXqQyprY

Also more recently..

The Hologram during phase 1 of the Puzzle fight in TFB is named "Master Control" Well since we are in a computer during that fight you can safely assume that he is a program, thus named "Master Control" (Program) The main villian in the original Tron movie (not legacy) was also a computer program named "Master Control Program"

They're in this game, you just got to look around. ;)

Nice! I hadn't noticed that one in the video :D

Actually, theres a pop culture reference in Return of the Jedi. When Chewie and the ewoks swing on a rope to board and hijack an AT-ST, you can hear Chewbacca doing the Tarzan scream.

Even with that example, I also don't think pop culture references are necessary on this universe.

The problem with most pop culture references are that they have a shelf life of about 15 minutes...about how long said person got to hold their spot on the top of the fame food chain.

^ This.

I'd prefer none, and leaving this game as a refuge from pop culture.

Although a pack of rakghouls chasing an npc Ryan Seacrest before devouring him has appeal, I stand by my position.