Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

Mandalin

My humble suggestions are stay under the droids belly - its easier to stay out of his AoEs; The Laser he uses is easy enough to avoid with line of sight, just hide behind the columns; Talos rarely if ever took damage, I just kept toggling him out of laser range so he stayed by my side. Targeting the recharge droids is hellish, tabbing didn't work; I kept a "bleeder" on the boss and targeted the recharge droids when they ran out while I waited for the orange force fields behind the Boss to go down

it did. Best piece of advice ever. Interrupting his gravity cannon whenever possible and force-speed if int missed works. I did not had to even get the field. (and my highest mod is 61, mostly 58s)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can lure the boss out into the foyer, with knock backs or harpoon skills...he doesn't move from where u put him, so knock him towards the door, go hide, let his freak out, then run back, knock him back again, and do this till he's in the foyer...his ads won't come there to get you. If you don't have those skills, then like someone else said, stay beneath him, avoid his attacks and kill him down while you can. Hmm...easier to do than explain actually. :/ Hope it helps anyhow.

It should not be nerfed. If anything, more solo content encounters should be like this. It doesn't take more than level 53 blues for gear, and it doesn't take deep class knowledge/stat optimization. All it takes is common sense and situational awareness.

This encounter is the perfect indicator of whether a person can or cannot raid. Can't beat it solo - practice a little. Will serve you well in endgame.

Edited by Helig

A challenge, yes?

Needs to be nerfed? Heck no.

My Sniper and Merc tore the archon a new bunghole especially since I have the oribtal strike legacy for "heroic moment". Nothing like having two orbital strikes remove a baddie from the face of the planet. Not too many bosses under 100 K in hp can withstand such a blast. Plus, legacy flamethrower and dirty kick also add a little something, something to the beatdown party. LOL. If you still can't beat the archon, get a geared up friend and jack the archon's butt up.

Edited by IslanderRebel

I want to thank who ever it was that suggested pushing the Archon into the foyer. I was pulling my hair out over the back to back waves of droids, but after a few pushes the droids quit trying to get to him. It turned a hellish experience into an easy one.

I want to thank who ever it was that suggested pushing the Archon into the foyer. I was pulling my hair out over the back to back waves of droids, but after a few pushes the droids quit trying to get to him. It turned a hellish experience into an easy one.

That would be me. You're welcome. I'm so very glad it helped you. :D:D

A challenge, yes?

Needs to be nerfed? Heck no.

My Sniper and Merc tore the archon a new bunghole especially since I have the oribtal strike legacy for "heroic moment". Nothing like having two orbital strikes remove a baddie from the face of the planet. Not too many bosses under 100 K in hp can withstand such a blast. Plus, legacy flamethrower and dirty kick also add a little something, something to the beatdown party. LOL. If you still can't beat the archon, get a geared up friend and jack the archon's butt up.

That's hardly the proper measure for boss difficulty. Between the likely multiple presence bonuses from finished companions, the legacy abilities and the access to resources of other chars you have a significantly easier fight than someone who's on his first char with nothing but what he collected playing it.

If it turns out it *is* to hard for first timers, it should be nerfed. It isn't though, since the fight is about what to interrupt and where to stand. Which, if you can't figure it out yourself, is easily found on youtube.

the problem seems to be some characters can solo it fine, but others are handed there head on a platter. Some people get there too early or have bad tactics.

my sniper & jug had no problem. my powertech & maurder needed help. My sorc worked with a jug having trouble with the archon.

A boss should be an equal challenge for all classes, which it appears that the archon isn't.

bugs & balancing need to be done. All classes should be able to solo this boss.

1 bug i ran into with quinn, is that he would quit healing inside. this happened with my jug and marauder. I would have to take him into the next room, and have him manually heal me because he wouldn't do it himself. The problem comes up after i put him into passive mode to get him out of the line of fire of the archon's red ray, and when i switch back it doesn't work. He may shoot, but doesn't heal.

The rods from the refuel droids seem to be dropping better.

But, the raised area with the archon is a problem for some reason. I can do a saber throw at the refuel droids and archon, but charge doesn't seem to work well.

Do not nerf this please, It was fun to solo it and it was not too hard. PLEASE BIOWARE, do not nerf more content. Well solo content.

Agreed.

In fact, while you're at BW, unnerf Agent Act 1 boss, Knight Act 3 boss and the like.

You made them too easy.

Agreed.

In fact, while you're at BW, unnerf Agent Act 1 boss, Knight Act 3 boss and the like.

You made them too easy.

True. I would love to see MORE challenging solo content in the future. Especially stuff with more raid-like mechanics. Go beyond simple stuns and interrupts and staying out of circles. :)

True. I would love to see MORE challenging solo content in the future. Especially stuff with more raid-like mechanics. Go beyond simple stuns and interrupts and staying out of circles. :)

Agreed. Being able to finish both the inquisitor and warrior stories at level 47 in level 40 gear shouldn't be possible.

Agreed. Being able to finish both the inquisitor and warrior stories at level 47 in level 40 gear shouldn't be possible.

You think that's bad? I beat Agent Act 3 at level 47 without a companion while wearing level 42 gear...

BUFF THE CLASS MISSION ENEMIES!

I'm supposed to feel "heroic" right? I don't feel that when I'm squashing a bug, I do feel that when I best a worthy foe. So BW, take note of this make and make our solo content enemies more worthy.

Operations are good since NiM EC Kephess and NiM Dread Guard are perfectly tuned, but the solo stuff? EZ EZ EZ.

Edited by AshlaBoga

There are a ton of ways of making stuff more challenging: dismiss your companion, fight naked, rip the mods out of your weapon. Or if that is still not hard enough for you (yeah, right *eyeroll*) go and solo a few heroic4s. Naked. With your hands tied to your back.

Demanding that Bioware ruins the fun for other players because you think you are SO über? Picture book example of a d.ick move.

This fight is annoying. I have to kill no less than 20 droids before they drop a refueling cylindar, I can't auto target the droids, and I'm constantly getting a 'can't see tartget' pop-up. I soloed it with my Powertech, and af having fits with my Merc. I'm not the best playing in the world, but damn BW. Really?

This fight is annoying. I have to kill no less than 20 droids before they drop a refueling cylindar, I can't auto target the droids, and I'm constantly getting a 'can't see tartget' pop-up. I soloed it with my Powertech, and af having fits with my Merc. I'm not the best playing in the world, but damn BW. Really?

I never even got that refueling cylinder dropped, provided it is what I think it is - it's to complete the bonus objective, right?

It was a loooong fight for my Merc, but eventually him and Mako took that sucker down the hard way.

I enjoyed the fight though, and I hope they'll leave it be as it is - I think a lot of people are a bit undergeared when they take on the Archon.

Now the Republic side is a whole other matter, I expected a difficult fight like the Empire has here - so when I fought "Glittering Fury" I immediately went into full assault mode with Heroic Moment, followed up by a nice lightning storm and orbital bombardment while my Shadow frantically stabbed the robot with his lightsaber.

Imagine my surprise when the thing fell over mere seconds later! :p

A very underwhelming fight compared to Empire side.

Played through Makeb on both factions as a Shadow Tank and Op Healer, solo'ed them both, and the Imp boss was way, way harder. And I liked it. It wasn't really that hard- just stand out of the way of the giant laser and keep wailing on the boss. As a healer, I was able to keep my companion up and occasionally AOE the droid refuelers. But whenever the red text apeared on the screen I just got the hell out of the way and let him shoot off his laser (heh heh). It took a while, but I eventually grinded him down and beat him.

It just takes a while, I think the difficulty of the boss is just right.

Played through Makeb on both factions as a Shadow Tank and Op Healer, solo'ed them both, and the Imp boss was way, way harder. And I liked it. It wasn't really that hard- just stand out of the way of the giant laser and keep wailing on the boss. As a healer, I was able to keep my companion up and occasionally AOE the droid refuelers. But whenever the red text apeared on the screen I just got the hell out of the way and let him shoot off his laser (heh heh). It took a while, but I eventually grinded him down and beat him.

It just takes a while, I think the difficulty of the boss is just right.

Agreed. I hope they add more content like this in the future. Soloing the Makeb weekly Heroics gets boring after the 2nd time round.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently tried this fight for the first time (L55 sniper with healer comp). After reading up on strategy I thought I would have no problems. I had 2 issues that I haven't seen mentioned here:

1. A few times, I got some fuel rods off the droids, however I didn't see any way to use them. Are the orange walls in back supposed to come down at some point? If so, it never happened for me.

2. Every single fight (I tried 5 times) I died because I was eventually teleported into the center of the room and instantly laser zapped. This teleport happened regardless of where I was (behind the Archon, behind pillars, the side of the room, etc.). LOS made no difference The teleport and laser were so fast I had zero chance to move before dying.

I can see that without this teleport, the fight would be fairly easy, as reported by many people. The laser is simple to avoid (when not being teleported).The droids were easy to kill and the AOE attacks are avoidable. I never lost more than 5-10% health and I had the archon down to 40-50% most times. But this instadeath from any spot makes the whole thing kind of pointless. Am i missing something basic?

the walls behind are suppose to come down sometimes, but it is more trouble than it is worth.

teleporting, u should have a few seconds or so to get out of the way. Move & jump to the side immediately after being teleported because the archon shoots only down the center of the hallway unless u knock him off center.