this has to STOP - i demand you release long hairstyles

the whole server has the same hairstyle ! this cannot continue , it's been 5 years !!

- following my very entitled request i want to suggest long hairstyle types

type 1 : - Voluminous, Flowing Curls ( similar to Disney - Merida )

type 2 : - Lose and Flowing ( similar to Mass Effect - Miranda / Angelina Jolie )

have fun

oh and ... physics

Edited by banimoka

In general, Star Wars and physics are strangers. I mean, I get that it's science fiction and all(1), but there are *limits*...

(1) No, it isn't. It's space opera, which is an entirely different thing, but there are *still* limits.

Furthermore, if by 'physics' you meant that the long hair styles should move like real hair, well, that's *hard*(1). It is computationally *expensive* to get fully realistic movement for any hairstyle longer than about 4mm. (OK, up to about 2-3 times that length, you won't notice any discrepancy, but...)

That said, for some styles, the movements can be simplified - a few styles in GW1 move in the wind (even when you are standing still), but they are simplified, with tightly bound strands rather than free.

Notable example: style 6 from this image on the Guild Wars Wiki.

(1) By hard, I'm not saying that the concepts are difficult, but that it takes a lot of compute power to do. A normal human head has around 100,000 hairs, and to fully model the movements of a hairstyle, you have to know how all 100K of them move and how they interact with each other, with any clips, pins, bands, and similar. That's a lot of work. Yes, of course, you can model it off-line and generate animation scripts, but that will create discrepancies and other weirdness.

Also clipping. Long hair WILL clip through pretty much anything you wear on your back or shoulders. You might THINK your character has long hair but not if they're wearing bulky shoulder armor or a backpack or a lowered hood or a collar or an assault cannon or .. you get the idea.

Also clipping. Long hair WILL clip through pretty much anything you wear on your back or shoulders. You might THINK your character has long hair but not if they're wearing bulky shoulder armor or a backpack or a lowered hood or a collar or an assault cannon or .. you get the idea.

Not "WILL clip". "DOES clip". There are several styles sort of like what the OP is asking for, and they clip like [REDACTED] on almost anything.

Long hair WILL clip through pretty much anything you wear on your back or shoulders

- yes , and if the hair has volume it will still clip and be visible at the same time

the hood dilema

- the hairstyle will have multiple parts

- when u wear a generic helmet only the " bottom " part will be visible

- when u wear a hood only the front part will be visible ( like Vaylin )

or a collar

- tempting but i will not give in to any sort of eRP suggestion

- yes , and if the hair has volume it will still clip and be visible at the same time

- the hairstyle will have multiple parts

- when u wear a generic helmet only the " bottom " part will be visible

- when u wear a hood only the front part will be visible ( like Vaylin )

- tempting but i will not give in to any sort of eRP suggestion

eRP suggestions? What are you talking about? You do realise that shirts and jackets have collars, right? And that shirts and jackets with collars exist in the game, right?

Collar (noun): the part of a shirt, coat, dress, blouse, etc., that encompasses the neckline of the garment and is sewn permanently to it, often so as to fold or roll over.

This is what long hair in game can/will/does clip through on those outfits that have them. That you would immediately jump to eRP is a little mindboggling to me.

• 4 weeks later...
Came into this thing thinking it was for men. IMO women characters have plenty of options for long hair on the market and some defaulted given to the player. As a male their is only I think one hairstyle that you could really consider long-hair and I believe that needs to be rectified. For the love of god I would love some male long hair choices other than a bob or clipping through armor Qui-Gon Jinn haircut.:mad:

Came into this thing thinking it was for men. IMO women characters have plenty of options for long hair on the market and some defaulted given to the player. As a male their is only I think one hairstyle that you could really consider long-hair and I believe that needs to be rectified. For the love of god I would love some male long hair choices other than a bob or clipping through armor Qui-Gon Jinn haircut.:mad:

Even if they gave male chars more long hair styles, they would still clip. Instead of "clipping through armor Qui-Gon Jinn haircut" you'd get "clipping through armor new haricut".

I am not against hair styles for both sexes by the way. I just hate clipping. What I hate even more, though, is how hoods make characters look bald. In my opinion, if someone was going to say "This has to STOP - I demand ... ", that sentence should have ended with "having hoods make characters look bald!" /derail :p