10-29 can never be entirely fixed, but you can at least try, BioWare

HaoZhao

(Here's a rare topic that's not about crying over 10K smashes and/or surgical probe. Enjoy it while it lasts~)

Yes, we all know that 10-29 is kind of silly. The reason why it's silly is the ability gap. There are level 10 sentinels who don't have force kick and level 12 mercenaries who are trying to be healers without support cell. There's no reason why key abilities like these shouldn't be given at level 10 instead. On advanced class change at level 10, where applicable, everyone should be receiving their tank stance, healing stance, interrupt, taunt, and 4 second stun. These are basic abilities which many classes need to even approach effective in war zones.

It's not even just a PVP problem either. It's not uncommon to get tanks in Hammer Station who don't have taunt because you can queue for HS at 15 and they don't get taunt until 16. Tanking without taunts? Really? Come on.

Back on the topic of PVP, there's no reason why half of every team in 10-29 has to be dead weight. If you just give those low level characters the basic tools they need to be competitive. Giving a level 11 assassin jolt isn't going to put him on an even field with that level 25 assassin, but it goes a long way toward balance. That's what I'm looking for here. I'm only looking for a reasonable step in the right direction and not perfection.

When I level a new character I get all their gear ready before I play the class. I'm talking purple augments,blue mods, blue armorings, enhancements, and most importantly a well put together outfit. (style is 60% of bolster). Put this all together and the 3 moves you do have will be so OP it's hilarious. I broke 400k at level 10 on my merc spamming my couple moves( ranged classes are op lowbees) and 250k on my jug at level 10.

This will also allow you to carry a lot of teams because you are more geared than 80% of the other players

Edited by Chrisweaver

Granted that not all specs are viable at lower levels but it's possible to do alright as dps. People shouldnt really expect to tank or heal well at level 10-15.

I agree that it's somewhat of a problem in PvE though since GF requires specs but the content is wellbalanced for what you have at that level.

Edited by MidichIorian

The lowest levels get more out of the abilities they have than higher levels do - they hit a little harder and heal for a little more. I've topped dps/heals lots in the lowbie games with 10-14s.

In hammer station it's usually a bad idea for a 15 to be tanking just because of his level but a decent player with decent gear can tank fine with just a tank stance and no heals in the lowbie instances.

I do think they should give lvl 55 abilities to all people in lowbies. This would even out pvp so much and make it so much more fun. It isn't fun pvp'n in the 50's either when half of the people you are fighting don't have their major abilities. Bolster is pretty nice in lowbies and if they gave all abilities in pvp then the balance would be very nice.

I do think they should give lvl 55 abilities to all people in lowbies. This would even out pvp so much and make it so much more fun. It isn't fun pvp'n in the 50's either when half of the people you are fighting don't have their major abilities. Bolster is pretty nice in lowbies and if they gave all abilities in pvp then the balance would be very nice.

I can't stand what they did with bgs in GW2.

Imagine you are a new player, though, and you enter a Warzone and are asked to fill out an entire skill tree and set keybinds for 15+ new abilities. It's going to blow their minds. I prefer the drip-feed approach. It introduces abilities at a slower rate so that newer players are given a bit of time to adjust to each of them and learn how to use them before being hit with the next one.