10-49 PVP players are killing pvp

carnott

Bring on the flame. I don't care. this needs to be said. I don't know if it's do to the latest patch, players leaving and noobs replacing, or just overall piss poor luck with the que, but PVP players in the 10-49 are beyond terribad lately.

It's like no one watches chat for inc calls or for team direction. NO ONE plays for the objective. I was just recently on a void star match where I had to stop healling so I could cap a door because my team was chasing kills. On the same match while defending I kept getting ***** calling inc without ANY support because my team was everywhere BUT on the doors! Then there is Civil War and that new WZ. No one understands how to work together. you can ata any given time look at your map and see one or two(most commmonly one) person off at another node while the team is trying to defend or take a completely different node. It gets even worse when you are behind with one node under control and you check the map to see 3 or 4 ppl defending the sole node we control and two teams of 2 trying to take seperate nodes. Any and all direction via chat is either ignored or just not read.

I am so tired of seeing ppl run around like it's Call of Duty. Do ppl NOT get that EVERY WZ is OBJECTIVE based? THERE IS NO FREE FOR ALL PEOPLE!

I am willing to call out the fact that bioware made it so that even a loss nets huge gains so long as you hit the 8 medal cap. I have personally pulled 10 medals, 8 or 9k XP, 2-3k credits, and 80-110 comms for a loss. This is rediculous. People were complaining about getting next to nothing for losses, but I think that made people play better! Now everyone just medal farms till they get thier 8 and just roll over.

I know some will say "if you are still pulling rewards like that, why complain?" Simple, I complain because there is a point to the WZ and people's stupidity and laziness are ruining it. That would be the same as saying "why complain about the bugs in the game if you can still log in and lvl to max?"

Learn to play already. This is not COD free for all. ANd people want to complain about getting ***** by premades. I personally am only running premade from now on to help lower the odds of getting stuck with a bunch of free for all airheads. :mad:

This is not COD free for all.

You know whats happend when BW implement "FFA Deathmatch" style WZ and let you choose WZ to join? All other "grab the ball, throw the ball" and "defend the turrents" WZ will be a desert, even with cross-server queue :)

Because most of the people just like to FIGHT, kill things, heal things, etc. Not do this "competitive PvP with objectives".

While you are in 10-49 bracket, you are playing for fun, and in 50 lvl for farm wins. This is why low level bracket in same way extremly fun, but somewhat disappoint for a competitive PvPers trying to do objectives.

Eh, my experience from 10-49 was that, after about level 40, you can actually win some matches by yourself because of how bad most players are, along with how OP a 40+ in good gear can be in that bracket.

Bring on the flame. I don't care. this needs to be said. I don't know if it's do to the latest patch, players leaving and noobs replacing, or just overall piss poor luck with the que, but PVP players in the 10-49 are beyond terribad lately.

It's like no one watches chat for inc calls or for team direction. NO ONE plays for the objective. I was just recently on a void star match where I had to stop healling so I could cap a door because my team was chasing kills. On the same match while defending I kept getting ***** calling inc without ANY support because my team was everywhere BUT on the doors! Then there is Civil War and that new WZ. No one understands how to work together. you can ata any given time look at your map and see one or two(most commmonly one) person off at another node while the team is trying to defend or take a completely different node. It gets even worse when you are behind with one node under control and you check the map to see 3 or 4 ppl defending the sole node we control and two teams of 2 trying to take seperate nodes. Any and all direction via chat is either ignored or just not read.

I am so tired of seeing ppl run around like it's Call of Duty. Do ppl NOT get that EVERY WZ is OBJECTIVE based? THERE IS NO FREE FOR ALL PEOPLE!

I am willing to call out the fact that bioware made it so that even a loss nets huge gains so long as you hit the 8 medal cap. I have personally pulled 10 medals, 8 or 9k XP, 2-3k credits, and 80-110 comms for a loss. This is rediculous. People were complaining about getting next to nothing for losses, but I think that made people play better! Now everyone just medal farms till they get thier 8 and just roll over.

I know some will say "if you are still pulling rewards like that, why complain?" Simple, I complain because there is a point to the WZ and people's stupidity and laziness are ruining it. That would be the same as saying "why complain about the bugs in the game if you can still log in and lvl to max?"

Learn to play already. This is not COD free for all. ANd people want to complain about getting ***** by premades. I personally am only running premade from now on to help lower the odds of getting stuck with a bunch of free for all airheads. :mad:

So teach them. Tell them what to do. In any group of 7 idiots, at least one will get the message if you explain. You just doubled the effectiveness of your team.

While I agree that the medal system isn't perfect the way it is now, it's better than getting nothing. Getting nothing didn't make people play better. It made people stop playing. That's not an assumption I make based on my infinite knowledge of the universe, that's what happened. Now at least you get rewarded for what YOU did, in stead of being punished for what OTHERS did.

cant argue with that.

fight where u want but if your camera isn't facing at least 1 objective point then you have failed.

people who go "OMG KILL KILL" drive me insane.

cant wait for 8 man ques

Not going to flame you, since I agree that a lot of players don't seem to go for objectives any more. Those who do are in the minority, and against a good team working together, aren't going to make much of a dent. When I find myself on a team like that, I just do what I can to get my comms/exp and hope they end up on the other team next time I queue.

I would not say it is killing PVP but the scrub levels do make things interesting. And it is not just you. Far too many in the lower bracket do not pay attention and get tunnel vision with kills. Case in point, just earlier today was in the new warzone. And saw the following.

"Inc west 3"

At that point I was already on the way there because the south area was under control and they already had too many people there. I get up there, and we kill off one of them and the guy that was guarding is now dead. He calls for help again as do I and both cases indicate that it is 2 on 1. Finally as I am dying help arives in the form of every single person that was defending our southern turret.

/facepalm.

It seems to me like recently players have become terribad like you said.

Almost every game half the team runs around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to kill people. While me and a couple others (usually people I queue up with) are left to try and defend or score!

I thought it was just me and the server but glad others are sharing my pain XD.

Can't wait to get the toon i'm working on to 50 because from my experience people somewhat learn how to play the games.

" you can ata any given time look at your map and see one or two(most commmonly one) person off at another node while the team is trying to defend or take a completely different node."

YES HAHA...Then we usually lose that node because we didn't have enough people trying to defend. Or they decide to fight 30m away from it >.<.

Good luck to us all :]

If in fact it is true that "nobody" is objective focussed.

and

"everybody" just runs about killing things.

Then the introduction of ranked warzones will not matter as 100% of players are in the above two groups.

Those players are morons, and they will still be morons when they hit level 50.

My question to you however, is how do you react to that? Do you offer helpful advice? Do you politely remind them of what they should be doing? Or do you rage chat using the same general theme of this post?

I can say with a clear conscience that I play objectives, and I play to win. Buffed loss rewards aside, you still get 2x as many comms for the same effort with a win. Might as well do it right (plus you should end up with more medals by playing objectives anyway)

Getting dumped in a WZ with a bunch of non-legacy 15's who have no clue is frustrating. What is even more frustrating is not only playing with people who suck, but also having to listen to some d-bagel going off in chat "Gawwwd, you ppl have no skill! It's pathetic that we are losing to baddies! God is someone gonna guard a door! Pathetic L2P people!!"

I don't wanna get all zen about it, but there are over a million subs playing SWTOR. NONE of them care about you, what you think, what you like, what you don't, what makes you happy, what makes you sad, UNLESS they like or respect you.

You're a stranger to them at the beginning of the match. At the end of the match you can be a number of things:

A stranger who helped them win their match.

A stranger who did not help them win their match.

A friend who helped them directly to become a better player.

A stranger who helped them become a better player by example

A d-bag that went off the whole time and then rage quit, and directly diminished the PVP experience for 7 other people

What you can NEVER be:

An authority figure who put them in their place and made them do better next time.

This wasn't really directed at the OP, but more at the d-bag in my 10-49 Voidstar last night who said all of the above and more, stayed for the whole match, only to end up last place on our losing team with 2 medals (a Quick draw and Bronze Def). She/he did not stick around long after the match to continue talking.

I love how ppl are telling the OP to teach them, but whats the point.

- They rarely listen.

- They always whine when they suck.

- They always qq about some OP class ( hello sentinel/marauders).

- They just think they're top **** when they win.

- They lose out in DPS or Heals by some other person who actually wanted to win.

In 10-49 I dont even bother with objectives, unless they also care (2 ppl minimum), then I'll start winning objectives. Otherwise I'll just do PvP to farm LOL.

10-50 WZ should be back, so we can school them over and over till they want to win. Then maybe I'd give some advice. But when they hit 50 they're going to complain I guess. Unless they are the ones that understand the objectives, then they'll be the ones to succeed and be joining premade :).

Edited by Zhaker

Those players are morons, and they will still be morons when they hit level 50.

My question to you however, is how do you react to that? Do you offer helpful advice? Do you politely remind them of what they should be doing? Or do you rage chat using the same general theme of this post?

I can say with a clear conscience that I play objectives, and I play to win. Buffed loss rewards aside, you still get 2x as many comms for the same effort with a win. Might as well do it right (plus you should end up with more medals by playing objectives anyway)

Getting dumped in a WZ with a bunch of non-legacy 15's who have no clue is frustrating. What is even more frustrating is not only playing with people who suck, but also having to listen to some d-bagel going off in chat "Gawwwd, you ppl have no skill! It's pathetic that we are losing to baddies! God is someone gonna guard a door! Pathetic L2P people!!"

I don't wanna get all zen about it, but there are over a million subs playing SWTOR. NONE of them care about you, what you think, what you like, what you don't, what makes you happy, what makes you sad, UNLESS they like or respect you.

You're a stranger to them at the beginning of the match. At the end of the match you can be a number of things:

A stranger who helped them win their match.

A stranger who did not help them win their match.

A friend who helped them directly to become a better player.

A stranger who helped them become a better player by example

A d-bag that went off the whole time and then rage quit, and directly diminished the PVP experience for 7 other people

What you can NEVER be:

An authority figure who put them in their place and made them do better next time.

This wasn't really directed at the OP, but more at the d-bag in my 10-49 Voidstar last night who said all of the above and more, stayed for the whole match, only to end up last place on our losing team with 2 medals (a Quick draw and Bronze Def). She/he did not stick around long after the match to continue talking.

I agree with this. Being on a bad team is horrible enough. Even worse if someone is just flaming in chat. That's why I came to the forums to vent :D

Ingame I tend to be fairly calm. "we need someone to help defend east" ""Fight on the doors, DO NOT chase kills away from doors" "can we all please group together and take the same node imstead of spreading out all over the map?" etc etc these are my normal chat guidances. Not over bearing, I don't make myself come accross as an elitest that knows everything. What gets me so pent up is that I often go ignored and watch a team fall apart for no reason other than my team mates saw someone they thought they could kill so they had to chase them all over the map. I've even gone as far as whispering a fellow team mate on how to manage their cool downs after watching them dump all thier skills on a player and be left with nothing but their basic attack only to get '**** and play YOUR class and I'll play mine!" this just cements my poor opinion of PVP players. Thankfully the 50 que is "somewhat" better. don't get me wrong...there are ALOT of crap players that power lvl to 50 only to suck it up in that bracket too, but there are also more opportunities to run premade in that bracket. Atleast on my server.

Eh, my experience from 10-49 was that, after about level 40, you can actually win some matches by yourself because of how bad most players are, along with how OP a 40+ in good gear can be in that bracket.

i actualy mentioned this a long long time ago in a time near you

that yes they added a 50 bracket, they also need to split the 10-49 into brackets also

10-25

26-39

40-49

i actualy mentioned this a long long time ago in a time near you

that yes they added a 50 bracket, they also need to split the 10-49 into brackets also

10-25

26-39

40-49

Eh, even as a low-level player I can't agree with this. 10-49 is fine, for no other reason than the queues are pretty fast. Breaking down like that is only going to lower queue times for most people leveling. Even when you lose and get stomped, as long as you get your one medal, you still get a good bit of xp from it. Take your lumps or level up IMO.

Eh, even as a low-level player I can't agree with this. 10-49 is fine, for no other reason than the queues are pretty fast. Breaking down like that is only going to lower queue times for most people leveling. Even when you lose and get stomped, as long as you get your one medal, you still get a good bit of xp from it. Take your lumps or level up IMO.

incorrect 10-49 is not fine, bioware need to add a bracket somewere in their.

incorrect 10-49 is not fine, bioware need to add a bracket somewere in their.

Never said it was, just said that breaking it down into more brackets is just going to add time to everyone's queue. You have to weigh if the imbalance of level 40+ players is truly worth doing that. It doesn't take long to level to 40 if the imbalance really bothers you that much. Does that mean that your personal PvP experience will be harmed since you "can't queue for 40 levels?" Sure, but only for you. What you're suggesting will harm everyone's PvP experience while leveling up because on some servers it might take 40 levels to finally get a queue.

Edited by Numerii

Learn to play already. This tis not COD free for all. ANd people want to complain about getting ***** by premades. I personally am only running premade from now on to help lower the odds of getting stuck with a bunch of free for all airheads. :mad:

It's a plus and a minus, the flip side of the equation is that all those little stupid tricks that rarely work anymore at 50 often work in 10-49, dive into the pit and leap to someone coming out of spawn, early stealth plants in voidstar, solo taking a node in alderaan/novare because that one defender never got help etc. .

I would go nuts exclusively playing 10-49 but sometimes pulling all those little tricks off can be a nice reprieve from the 50's bracket

I'd also add if you keep the game plan and any advice you type light and not sound like you are barking orders you can often (granted not often enough) get a much better response

Edited by paul_preib

Yeah, no more brackets, or we never get games. As far as lopw level games are concerned - going after the objective nets the most medals, usually, so even farmers should be motivated to do that, once they realize it.

Okay, you asked for it, so here's the flames.

I don't believe you. If everyone is truly that bad, the other team would be too. And then you'd be able to take advantage of all the awful players and end up winning every match you join. And if you won all the time, I doubt you'd come here to whine. It's much more plausible that you're just frustrated from losing, and naturally it's easier to blame it on others than to consider, even for a moment, that maybe you're not the king of pvp like you think you are. I mean, come on, if you're going to accuse others of being stupid, you should at least make sure your post isn't replete with spelling errors.

To OP:

I'ts an issue, but remember that its a player issue not a dev issue. I usually bark out some easy instructions and people do follow if you dont make it too tough. For instance, next civil war try telling your team hey 2 strong solo fighters go left and rest middle, healers middle, I tried that and it worked. Anything more complicated and I think you would need a voice chat. If I'm on a definate losing team and 2 mins have gone by and I know we have no chance, I will just have fun ganking people solo, so thats my retort to your complaint. After all in the end its about having fun and I know I cant win every match.

There are alot of issues with the 10-49 bracket. Firstly, as mentioned - many cant engage their brains to play. I have a few lvl 50 toons and re-rolled a new Smuggler. PvP has become shocking.

The die hard pvp'ers all joined at launch and most of which have now left the game, leaving mostly those who own The Sims, thinking that they can play a real game left in the lower brackets.

If someone is stupid, they deserve to be told in a rude manner as there simply is NO excuse in being an idiot. Ive seen it all in pvp now, but sometimes even I still get amazed at just how dumb some players can be.

Top 5 stupid things seen in pvp -

1 - everyone attacking anyone - apart from the HEALERS

2 - Not calling inc and the point gets lost to the enemy

3 - Being drawn out to fight(Civil War) and lose turret to a ninja.

4 - Thinking you can out run an eight man team in huttball whilst holding the ball

5 - EVERYONE leaves a point undefended to rush to the aid of a call for help - point gets lost.

Not much can be done now really. Bioware cant introduce more low level brackets because right now there simply arent enough players to make this work, especially since X-server support hasnt been included in ANY of the devs team line of thought.

If Bioware are too lazy to introduce x-server support, they should look at Guild Wars 2 and allow classes to have all abilities unlocked for warzones to add some balance. Bolster is a good idea but falls flat since low levels dont have some key abilities for pvp.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

its because ranked matches are not out. I really don't understand why people don't get this. More people would care about objectiives if rank was on the line.

The fact that we all are playing public room matches which don't matter is why a large majority don't care and only farm kills for fun.

Public rooms in FPS are always about fun, ranked and clan wars are serious. Now I know there are many that want the wins to get the most pts cuz they warzone all day trying to get warhero gear which when ranked comes out will prolly be given out like battlemaster, but some of us know better and ain't about to play to make you happy at the expensive of our fun.

Top 5 stupid things seen in pvp -

1 - everyone attacking anyone - apart from the HEALERS

That's not stupid, it's you not knowing how to play the meta game. People don't attack healers because they know there's a serious risk on getting focused back. Similar to the other points.

5 - EVERYONE leaves a point undefended to rush to the aid of a call for help - point gets lost.

Defending is: 1. Bad returns as it is not entertaining and if you lose you entertainment wasted time, 2. Not rewarding enough, neither in commendations nor in votes/recognition 3. And again the current metagame rears it's ugly head: if you stay to defend and call big incoming, people will not go to defend and interrupt, they will in mass go to the less protected flag and gank the defender getting and easy kill and leaving you to die. Whether or not they cap the flag is inconsequential to them. Defending is for scrubs and premades.

Because most of the people just like to FIGHT, kill things, heal things, etc. Not do this "competitive PvP with objectives".

While you are in 10-49 bracket, you are playing for fun, and in 50 lvl for farm wins. This is why low level bracket in same way extremly fun, but somewhat disappoint for a competitive PvPers trying to do objectives.

Read this, skimmed the rest of the posts, and came right back. And so QFT

But yea, 10-49 is for those who want to have fun against other players, 50 is for the competitive players who want to farm wins/commendations/expertise gear.