Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10-49 PVP players are killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10-49 PVP players are killing pvp

HaLeX
05.03.2012 , 01:00 AM | #21
To OP:
I'ts an issue, but remember that its a player issue not a dev issue. I usually bark out some easy instructions and people do follow if you dont make it too tough. For instance, next civil war try telling your team hey 2 strong solo fighters go left and rest middle, healers middle, I tried that and it worked. Anything more complicated and I think you would need a voice chat. If I'm on a definate losing team and 2 mins have gone by and I know we have no chance, I will just have fun ganking people solo, so thats my retort to your complaint. After all in the end its about having fun and I know I cant win every match.

DarthMaulUK
05.03.2012 , 01:00 AM | #22
There are alot of issues with the 10-49 bracket. Firstly, as mentioned - many cant engage their brains to play. I have a few lvl 50 toons and re-rolled a new Smuggler. PvP has become shocking.

The die hard pvp'ers all joined at launch and most of which have now left the game, leaving mostly those who own The Sims, thinking that they can play a real game left in the lower brackets.

If someone is stupid, they deserve to be told in a rude manner as there simply is NO excuse in being an idiot. Ive seen it all in pvp now, but sometimes even I still get amazed at just how dumb some players can be.

Top 5 stupid things seen in pvp -
1 - everyone attacking anyone - apart from the HEALERS
2 - Not calling inc and the point gets lost to the enemy
3 - Being drawn out to fight(Civil War) and lose turret to a ninja.
4 - Thinking you can out run an eight man team in huttball whilst holding the ball
5 - EVERYONE leaves a point undefended to rush to the aid of a call for help - point gets lost.

Not much can be done now really. Bioware cant introduce more low level brackets because right now there simply arent enough players to make this work, especially since X-server support hasnt been included in ANY of the devs team line of thought.

If Bioware are too lazy to introduce x-server support, they should look at Guild Wars 2 and allow classes to have all abilities unlocked for warzones to add some balance. Bolster is a good idea but falls flat since low levels dont have some key abilities for pvp.

DirtyDiggler
05.03.2012 , 01:06 AM | #23
its because ranked matches are not out. I really don't understand why people don't get this. More people would care about objectiives if rank was on the line.

The fact that we all are playing public room matches which don't matter is why a large majority don't care and only farm kills for fun.

Public rooms in FPS are always about fun, ranked and clan wars are serious. Now I know there are many that want the wins to get the most pts cuz they warzone all day trying to get warhero gear which when ranked comes out will prolly be given out like battlemaster, but some of us know better and ain't about to play to make you happy at the expensive of our fun.

sensiblepoast
05.03.2012 , 02:02 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Top 5 stupid things seen in pvp -
1 - everyone attacking anyone - apart from the HEALERS
That's not stupid, it's you not knowing how to play the meta game. People don't attack healers because they know there's a serious risk on getting focused back. Similar to the other points.
5 - EVERYONE leaves a point undefended to rush to the aid of a call for help - point gets lost.
Defending is: 1. Bad returns as it is not entertaining and if you lose you entertainment wasted time, 2. Not rewarding enough, neither in commendations nor in votes/recognition 3. And again the current metagame rears it's ugly head: if you stay to defend and call big incoming, people will not go to defend and interrupt, they will in mass go to the less protected flag and gank the defender getting and easy kill and leaving you to die. Whether or not they cap the flag is inconsequential to them. Defending is for scrubs and premades.

Blaise
05.03.2012 , 02:56 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wikar View Post
Because most of the people just like to FIGHT, kill things, heal things, etc. Not do this "competitive PvP with objectives".

While you are in 10-49 bracket, you are playing for fun, and in 50 lvl for farm wins. This is why low level bracket in same way extremly fun, but somewhat disappoint for a competitive PvPers trying to do objectives.
Read this, skimmed the rest of the posts, and came right back. And so QFT

But yea, 10-49 is for those who want to have fun against other players, 50 is for the competitive players who want to farm wins/commendations/expertise gear.

Totaltrash
05.03.2012 , 02:58 AM | #26
I said this before somewhere else - 10-49 warzones are just silly!

Does anyone really believe that you can balance PVP just by normalizing damage and hitpoints over 39 levels?

10-49 WZs are the developer's lazy approach to create pvp for lowbies - love it or hate it, but don't take it too serious.

Real PvP starts at 50.

Veniras
05.03.2012 , 03:05 AM | #27
If someone is stupid, they deserve to be told in a rude manner as there simply is NO excuse in being an idiot. Ive seen it all in pvp now, but sometimes even I still get amazed at just how dumb some players can be.
This is just being an ***. People have to learn first and having some raging moron yelling at them is just bad or PVP overall. You get further with the carrot and teaching than the stick and raging. And if you can't be bothered with the first, quit PVP'ing because you are damaging it for the community.

Yeah, I said the C-word. PVP is not a solo-project for people who want to Pinnochio their epeens.

gutb
05.03.2012 , 03:08 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by carnott View Post
NO ONE plays for the objective
This was never a problem in WoW.

The reason no one plays the objectives is because there is no open world PVP and ganking. So when people level and such they want to test how well their new gear and stats work and PVP more than do the objectives (which they find there's no difference but that' another issue).

In WoW you couldn't go anywhere without getting ganked and have PVP so when you did battlegrounds. With SWTOR there is no outlet to test your 1 on 1 skills so you are forced to do it in PVP and I have been very guilty of this.

When the game has a MAJOR flaw like no open world PVP, neutral zones, bi-faction missions, then these are the sorts of secondary issues you will encounter.

Like why even play a 'PVP Server'. The whole game is almost PVE.

Shockazilla
05.03.2012 , 03:21 AM | #29
For me, it depends on time of day when I play. If I know there's these terribad groups, ones that cannot communicate in English or use any brain function it seems, I just wait it out a little bit, until I hit a queue without them. You can pretty much tell in the first few minutes the match begins, like when they 3 cap Alderaan WZ, and the mindless terribad fodder attack large crowds solo over and over.

When I did pre-mades, we pretty much own the WZ. The pre-mades basically group up with those it decent gear at their perspective levels, and don't invite mindless terribad fodder.

I wish (SOLUTION) there was an easier way to GROUP up with select players for WZ. It would be nice to remotely assess gear and past performance. Maybe when ranking system is completed, they mindless terribad can fight other mindless terribad groups, and for those of us with a clue move on to fight more well coordinated and enjoyable matches, maybe have some pseudo-guild system for team making, and communicate in that channel.

Shockazilla
05.03.2012 , 03:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by sensiblepoast View Post
Defending is: 1. Bad returns as it is not entertaining and if you lose you entertainment wasted time, 2. Not rewarding enough, neither in commendations nor in votes/recognition 3. And again the current metagame rears it's ugly head: if you stay to defend and call big incoming, people will not go to defend and interrupt, they will in mass go to the less protected flag and gank the defender getting and easy kill and leaving you to die. Whether or not they cap the flag is inconsequential to them. Defending is for scrubs and premades.
I used to defend because I wanted the PvP daily reward. But now I could not care less about it. The vender trash green does not capture my interest. If there were WZ badges in the daily, then I would do crazy stuff like defending. I get more rewards out of killing players (naturally in a group w/ healers) whether winning or losing.