Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10-49 PVP players are killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10-49 PVP players are killing pvp

carnott
05.02.2012 , 11:15 PM | #1
Bring on the flame. I don't care. this needs to be said. I don't know if it's do to the latest patch, players leaving and noobs replacing, or just overall piss poor luck with the que, but PVP players in the 10-49 are beyond terribad lately.

It's like no one watches chat for inc calls or for team direction. NO ONE plays for the objective. I was just recently on a void star match where I had to stop healling so I could cap a door because my team was chasing kills. On the same match while defending I kept getting ***** calling inc without ANY support because my team was everywhere BUT on the doors! Then there is Civil War and that new WZ. No one understands how to work together. you can ata any given time look at your map and see one or two(most commmonly one) person off at another node while the team is trying to defend or take a completely different node. It gets even worse when you are behind with one node under control and you check the map to see 3 or 4 ppl defending the sole node we control and two teams of 2 trying to take seperate nodes. Any and all direction via chat is either ignored or just not read.

I am so tired of seeing ppl run around like it's Call of Duty. Do ppl NOT get that EVERY WZ is OBJECTIVE based? THERE IS NO FREE FOR ALL PEOPLE!

I am willing to call out the fact that bioware made it so that even a loss nets huge gains so long as you hit the 8 medal cap. I have personally pulled 10 medals, 8 or 9k XP, 2-3k credits, and 80-110 comms for a loss. This is rediculous. People were complaining about getting next to nothing for losses, but I think that made people play better! Now everyone just medal farms till they get thier 8 and just roll over.

I know some will say "if you are still pulling rewards like that, why complain?" Simple, I complain because there is a point to the WZ and people's stupidity and laziness are ruining it. That would be the same as saying "why complain about the bugs in the game if you can still log in and lvl to max?"

Learn to play already. This is not COD free for all. ANd people want to complain about getting ***** by premades. I personally am only running premade from now on to help lower the odds of getting stuck with a bunch of free for all airheads.

Wikar
05.02.2012 , 11:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by carnott View Post
This is not COD free for all.
You know whats happend when BW implement "FFA Deathmatch" style WZ and let you choose WZ to join? All other "grab the ball, throw the ball" and "defend the turrents" WZ will be a desert, even with cross-server queue

Because most of the people just like to FIGHT, kill things, heal things, etc. Not do this "competitive PvP with objectives".

While you are in 10-49 bracket, you are playing for fun, and in 50 lvl for farm wins. This is why low level bracket in same way extremly fun, but somewhat disappoint for a competitive PvPers trying to do objectives.

cenitzuro
05.02.2012 , 11:29 PM | #3
Agreed.

Numerii
05.02.2012 , 11:29 PM | #4
Eh, my experience from 10-49 was that, after about level 40, you can actually win some matches by yourself because of how bad most players are, along with how OP a 40+ in good gear can be in that bracket.

Igaduma
05.02.2012 , 11:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by carnott View Post
Bring on the flame. I don't care. this needs to be said. I don't know if it's do to the latest patch, players leaving and noobs replacing, or just overall piss poor luck with the que, but PVP players in the 10-49 are beyond terribad lately.

It's like no one watches chat for inc calls or for team direction. NO ONE plays for the objective. I was just recently on a void star match where I had to stop healling so I could cap a door because my team was chasing kills. On the same match while defending I kept getting ***** calling inc without ANY support because my team was everywhere BUT on the doors! Then there is Civil War and that new WZ. No one understands how to work together. you can ata any given time look at your map and see one or two(most commmonly one) person off at another node while the team is trying to defend or take a completely different node. It gets even worse when you are behind with one node under control and you check the map to see 3 or 4 ppl defending the sole node we control and two teams of 2 trying to take seperate nodes. Any and all direction via chat is either ignored or just not read.

I am so tired of seeing ppl run around like it's Call of Duty. Do ppl NOT get that EVERY WZ is OBJECTIVE based? THERE IS NO FREE FOR ALL PEOPLE!

I am willing to call out the fact that bioware made it so that even a loss nets huge gains so long as you hit the 8 medal cap. I have personally pulled 10 medals, 8 or 9k XP, 2-3k credits, and 80-110 comms for a loss. This is rediculous. People were complaining about getting next to nothing for losses, but I think that made people play better! Now everyone just medal farms till they get thier 8 and just roll over.

I know some will say "if you are still pulling rewards like that, why complain?" Simple, I complain because there is a point to the WZ and people's stupidity and laziness are ruining it. That would be the same as saying "why complain about the bugs in the game if you can still log in and lvl to max?"

Learn to play already. This is not COD free for all. ANd people want to complain about getting ***** by premades. I personally am only running premade from now on to help lower the odds of getting stuck with a bunch of free for all airheads.
So teach them. Tell them what to do. In any group of 7 idiots, at least one will get the message if you explain. You just doubled the effectiveness of your team.

While I agree that the medal system isn't perfect the way it is now, it's better than getting nothing. Getting nothing didn't make people play better. It made people stop playing. That's not an assumption I make based on my infinite knowledge of the universe, that's what happened. Now at least you get rewarded for what YOU did, in stead of being punished for what OTHERS did.

dufox
05.02.2012 , 11:31 PM | #6
cant argue with that.

fight where u want but if your camera isn't facing at least 1 objective point then you have failed.
people who go "OMG KILL KILL" drive me insane.

cant wait for 8 man ques
i dont need a sig, im famous *****

Delanay
05.02.2012 , 11:31 PM | #7
Not going to flame you, since I agree that a lot of players don't seem to go for objectives any more. Those who do are in the minority, and against a good team working together, aren't going to make much of a dent. When I find myself on a team like that, I just do what I can to get my comms/exp and hope they end up on the other team next time I queue.

HelinCarnate
05.02.2012 , 11:33 PM | #8
I would not say it is killing PVP but the scrub levels do make things interesting. And it is not just you. Far too many in the lower bracket do not pay attention and get tunnel vision with kills. Case in point, just earlier today was in the new warzone. And saw the following.

"Inc west 3"

At that point I was already on the way there because the south area was under control and they already had too many people there. I get up there, and we kill off one of them and the guy that was guarding is now dead. He calls for help again as do I and both cases indicate that it is 2 on 1. Finally as I am dying help arives in the form of every single person that was defending our southern turret.

/facepalm.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Rynis
05.02.2012 , 11:44 PM | #9
It seems to me like recently players have become terribad like you said.

Almost every game half the team runs around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to kill people. While me and a couple others (usually people I queue up with) are left to try and defend or score!

I thought it was just me and the server but glad others are sharing my pain XD.

Can't wait to get the toon i'm working on to 50 because from my experience people somewhat learn how to play the games.

" you can ata any given time look at your map and see one or two(most commmonly one) person off at another node while the team is trying to defend or take a completely different node."

YES HAHA...Then we usually lose that node because we didn't have enough people trying to defend. Or they decide to fight 30m away from it >.<.

Good luck to us all :]
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

Elkirin
05.02.2012 , 11:48 PM | #10
If in fact it is true that "nobody" is objective focussed.

and

"everybody" just runs about killing things.

Then the introduction of ranked warzones will not matter as 100% of players are in the above two groups.