Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10-49 pvp is perfect

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10-49 pvp is perfect

SlimsPicken
05.01.2012 , 11:00 AM | #11
The main reason 10-49 is so fun is because theres no incentive to quit.

With one win daily 10-49 PvP winning and losing means much less than the 50 bracket where war heroes only need their 3 wins and quit out of losing matches.

Plus the difference between a lvl 10 sniper vs a lvl 49 assassin, and a lvl 50 no expertise anything against a 1200+ expertise anything is vastly different in TTK. The lvl 10 sniper has a chance to at least press a few buttons before going down.

I find lvl 50 pvp completely terrible solo queue, whereas the 10-49 bracket you can solo queue all day and have fun.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

cycao
05.01.2012 , 11:03 AM | #12
I fail to understand why someone would not want to experience the 50's warzones. Yes you will probably bet "roflstomed", but after a week or so you should be full BM gear and that excuse will go out the window.

The new gear system is laughable. I have friends who for the most part only PvE and some have a valor rank >40 and have around 1100 expertise with a mix of BM and recruit. Its not hard at all to get gear and I could care less if you want to just get 1 medal and screw off the rest of the game.

Just my thoughts.

I hate the 10-49 brackets and I think of it as a joke.

Pekish
05.01.2012 , 11:04 AM | #13
I levelled 2 of my char completly in PVP+main story and I made probably more then 300 match (but maybe even a lot more) 1-49 and i NEVER and i swear NEVRE met a premade

that's the only difference

1-49 gear are as different as 50 if u add up that 10-49 there are diffrence in skill point and at 50 there is difference in expertise i honestly think that a lvl 49 stomp a lvl 10 as much as a 50 in full expertise stomp a fresh 50...

the problem is that you never see a 8 people lvl 49 vs 8 people lvl 11 that's what mostly happen at lvl 50 if you add the fact that a lvl 50 people is organized in ventrilo or other voice chat

the game balance 1-49 is identical to 50 the problem is that people that is more organized so if you dont have time to organize if you play in an envirment where u can't really use voice chat if you like to group with different people everytime stay 1-49 if you like a more organized pvp go 50s

Tiaa
05.01.2012 , 11:05 AM | #14
Let's just all agree that no matter which bracket you are in the PvP in SWTOR is horrible and...

...that the only ones who have fun are playing the unstoppable classes like Marauders, Sorcs and Assassin Tanks.

Matter of fact, let's all roll Empire.

And let's not even talk about world companion PvP...

cycao
05.01.2012 , 11:07 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiaa View Post
Let's just all agree that no matter which bracket you are in the PvP in SWTOR is horrible and...

...that the only ones who have fun are playing the unstoppable classes like Marauders, Sorcs and Assassin Tanks.

What about PTs Op healers and snipers, or jugs? All of which are very strong classes when played properly.

Xinika
05.01.2012 , 11:09 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tremont View Post
Equal footing at 50? Thats laughable. Pre-50 is much more "equal" without expertise.
Oh yeah. I'm sure a 49 fighting an 11 is fair.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

ComeAndSee
05.01.2012 , 11:19 AM | #17
I don't see why 10-49 PvP is "perfect."

Basically if you aren't 40+ you're missing a lot of your core skills. I.E. I have a Balance Sage alt and melee trashed me before I got the 31 point spammable root talent and now I can actually get away from them. Also, everyone isn't fighting in the optimal gear and bolster doesn't really balance everything perfectly.

The bracket is also a lot less competitive. The majority of people don't have enough experience with their class or its their first time playing war zones. I'm leveling a Sage to be an endgame healer, but currently I'm DPS.

It took me a while to get a good "feel" on my Vanguard. I have youtube videos of me @ lvl 30 on my Vanguard and I look at how I play now and I'm way better.
| Shayera Zhukov | Marshal of The Republic Army | Shield Vanguard | Jedi Covenant |

"It's not cheating unless you get caught."

Khoraji
05.01.2012 , 11:20 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiaa View Post

Lol im just gonna say it.... lrn2play

you might have more fun.
Khoraji - Jung Ma - <Dread>
Ven Zallow refugee

Thermonuked
05.01.2012 , 11:55 AM | #19
tbh, i have a lot more "fun" in the 10-49 wz's than i do in the 50's, usually because it all starts to get a bit serious, i'm not a die hard pvp'er altho i've done pvp in almost every game that let me, i dont chase titles like some ppl do, and i'm fully aware there is a lot of better pvp'ers out there than me.

now i've been in bracket wz's from level 15 up to 49, in several different classes, and the usualy feeling is of ppl having fun, win or lose, level 10's do indeed go head hunting for higher level enemies, when my sentinel was 49, i'd have them swarming over me, win or lose, kill or be killed, it was fun.

now i've been in 50's wz's, when i've seen war hero's abuse a new level 50 for turning up with 12k hp, getting told to F-O and run some dailies, i've been blamed for losing a wz (which we were already losing btw) because i ran to the wrong checkpoint, altho i think it was more because i wasnt part of the pre made team that was there, all in all, not a nice experience.

now ofc, with the recent changes, its even worse, sure, if u play long enough and win enough matches, you can get a bm set in a week or 2, which is fine if you are winning matches, getting medals, earning the commendations, otherwise its just a grind, really it is, you turn up in your shiny new recruit gear, shining like a beacon to all the war heros who can insta gib you, shunned by your team mates who think they are now playing with 7 men, so they dont even bother helping you with heals, yea, level 50 pvp isnt fun

ekwalizer
05.01.2012 , 12:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tremont View Post
Equal footing at 50? Thats laughable. Pre-50 is much more "equal" without expertise.
Apparently you've never seen a full purple level 49 facetank an entire group.
Let this sink in, this game is Free to Play, boasts one of the most popular IPs on the planet and yet 76.47% of the servers are empty.