Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10-49 pvp is perfect

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10-49 pvp is perfect

driveby
05.01.2012 , 10:41 AM | #1
I never want to leave this bracket, every game can go either way, gear counts for nothing because everybody has their stats boosted to a level 49, it all comes down to teamwork and skill, this is the most fun I've had in pvp probably since tarren mill/southshore. The best part is that I run at a profit, I'm used to the WoW system of slowly having your money slip away from repairs.

My only concern is that I know if I keep playing as much as I do I'll hit 50 on my characters one day from the small xp gains. Because there are no repair bills I dump the credits into professions and companion gifts, not sure what I'll do with the money when those are maxed.

p.s.
no I'm not a 49 assassin, I run a 20s operative and 30s commando
p.p.s.
yes I've been playing since beta and had neglected 10-49 pvp all these months, big mistake

Xinika
05.01.2012 , 10:43 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by driveby View Post
I never want to leave this bracket, every game can go either way, gear counts for nothing because everybody has their stats boosted to a level 49, it all comes down to teamwork and skill, this is the most fun I've had in pvp probably since tarren mill/southshore. The best part is that I run at a profit, I'm used to the WoW system of slowly having your money slip away from repairs.

My only concern is that I know if I keep playing as much as I do I'll hit 50 on my characters one day from the small xp gains. Because there are no repair bills I dump the credits into professions and companion gifts, not sure what I'll do with the money when those are maxed.

p.s.
p.p.s.
yes I've been playing since beta and had neglected 10-49 pvp all these months, big mistake
Sounds like you're scared to actually fight people on equal footing at 50.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Khoraji
05.01.2012 , 10:44 AM | #3
gear still matters 10-49...
Khoraji - Jung Ma - <Dread>
Ven Zallow refugee

richardya
05.01.2012 , 10:47 AM | #4
Every game can go either way in 50 as well.
Gear counts in 10-49 as much as it does in 50. In 10-49 people are even more likely to have bad gear because they are leveling and may not care about gear since it's temporary. In 50 you should have at least recruit and BM is very fast to get. War hero vs BM is not that big a gap.
10-49 is heavily influenced by your AC points.

10-49 is more laid back though, probably because commendations are not so crucial in this bracket, most just want xp.

Tremont
05.01.2012 , 10:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Equal footing at 50? Thats laughable. Pre-50 is much more "equal" without expertise.
Look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Tremont
05.01.2012 , 10:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by driveby View Post

p.s.
p.p.s.

Agreed, they should let us stop getting XP whenever we like.
Look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

HoloTweed
05.01.2012 , 10:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
This is pretty funny, because at levels <49 you ARE fighting people at equal footing. Hit 50 and suddenly you're roflstomped (even with recruit gear) by those who got to 50 before you and got the gear.

The GEAR defeats new 50's, not the "skill." It's so bad I hear new 50's complain every day. ZERO fun to have PvP armored foes doing so much damage they can basically camp the spawn point and prevent progression or the ability to earn even 1 medal - at which point the player gets ZERO.

There should be a minimum of 1 medal just for playing the WZ to the end so you can make SOME progress towards getting the upper end gear which totally controls who wins and who doesn't...

BDutch
05.01.2012 , 10:56 AM | #8
Take armortech or synthweaving and keep yourself in blues.
Spend comms on weapons/implants.
Enjoy many levels of care-free PvP.

PS. Don't bother picking up un-needed recipes for armortech/synthweaving since you're going to be dropping it at 50 for Biochem anyway.
Originally Posted by Puja
The sentinel PVP armor is PINK and POOP colored with golden ******* and a clown helmet my brain is not able to make any sense out of. Then some sort of giant bug from the Jetsons has attached itself to the left shoulder.

Khoraji
05.01.2012 , 10:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tremont View Post
Equal footing at 50? Thats laughable. Pre-50 is much more "equal" without expertise.
And pre 50 is never equal unless your all the same level and in the same gear.

Here's an idea...get some expertise and stop playing in the kiddie pool.
Khoraji - Jung Ma - <Dread>
Ven Zallow refugee

getdownsb
05.01.2012 , 10:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
This is pretty funny, because at levels <49 you ARE fighting people at equal footing. Hit 50 and suddenly you're roflstomped (even with recruit gear) by those who got to 50 before you and got the gear.

The GEAR defeats new 50's, not the "skill." It's so bad I hear new 50's complain every day. ZERO fun to have PvP armored foes doing so much damage they can basically camp the spawn point and prevent progression or the ability to earn even 1 medal - at which point the player gets ZERO.

There should be a minimum of 1 medal just for playing the WZ to the end so you can make SOME progress towards getting the upper end gear which totally controls who wins and who doesn't...
Level 40+ in purple gear is equal footing? Laff.

Heck, level 49 with purple mods and the expertise mods from pvp weapons is basically godmode.
Rincon
Helm of Graush