10-49 PvP Rewards Much Improved

Macecrest

I played about 10 matches today on my scoundrel (lvl 29 now) and noticed a huge difference in rewards today. A win would net about 130 comms and a loss netted 70. Medals seem to be much easier to get now, though as a scrapper scoundrel I still cant manage to hit for 2.5k (oh well). I averaged about 7 medals per game, with my lowest being 4, so I was not worried about meeting the minimum medal threshold.

Commendations gain is higher than before 1.2, but so are gear prices. The resulting reward system felt more like it did pre-1.2 (which is a good thing imo).

I still have no firm opinion on whether I enjoy the overall design paradigm shift, though the low time-to-kill does make it a zergfest (reminiscent of pre-resilience WoW). Healers are hardly immortal anymore (though sage/sorc are still hard to kill even 2v1). I guess I could say that from a scrapper scoundrel point of view, I don't hate the current design.

I played 4 matches, and did not see a single person leave! I'm not even sure if they put the countdown timer back in (which still should come back if it has not), because it was not an issue. There is nothing worse in the design of the SWTOR war zone game than a disparity in team numbers.

We all still want open world LEVEL 50 KILLS ONLY to *count* for something, please. A global PVP weekly quest on open world 50 kills would definitely bring tons of variation, fun and random content.