10-49 brackets is so good and 50 bracket sux this is why!!!

Alexdaphnis

Becuse of gear and expertise...i play this game to have fun and for me 10-49 is the best pvp i ever had in years.

I realy dont understand from economical point of view gear grind and rng system, elitist players will get bored very fast anywai and leave, so basicaly casual players still get hurt no matter what.

Game should be about fun alwais, i can see myself play this game long time if 50 will be about fun , grouping wih friends etc and not this grind fest and who has better gear.

So basicaly the introduced gear grind , rng so they be sure they have players play for long time??? this is stupid i leave becuse of this system i dont stay so please some1 enlighten me why they choosed this bad system?

Edited by Alexdaphnis

Becuse of gear and expertise...i play this game to have fun and for me 1-49 is the best pvp i ever had in years.

I realy dont understand from economical point of view gear grind and rng system, elitist players will get bored very fast anywai and leave, so basicaly casual players still get hurt no matter what.

Game should be about fun alwais, i can see myself play this game long time if 50 will be about fun , grouping wih friends etc and not this grind fest and who has better gear.

So basicaly the introduced gear grind , rng so they be sure they have players play for long time??? this is stupid i leave becuse of this system i dont stay so please some1 elighten me why they choosed this bad system?

it sucks because you have to put effort into playing against other people your own lvl instead of preying on lvl 10 for easy medals, which still happens from 35+ players in 10-49 lol it dont help that pvp is super unbalanced also :/

they need another lvl bracket to split 31+ into there own brackets still

it sucks because you have to put effort into playing against other people your own lvl instead of preying on lvl 10 for easy medals, which still happens from 35+ players in 10-49 lol it dont help that pvp is super unbalanced also :/

they need another lvl bracket to split 31+ into there own brackets still

you do know what bolster means?

From the content of his post, I'm sure he does.

Although your reply suggests you may not know how talents/abilities work :)

Higher levels still have quite a large advantage over lower levels.

The level 50 bracket is tons of fun now the low levels are gone.

I find the 1-49 bracket awful on my new level 10s, but had tons of fun on my Marauder 40-49...ripped through everything.

Edited by Soazak

Not really, by lvl 18 you should have all your "core" abilities to kick butt.

They don't scale as well under bolster. You'll see level 48 Mandoes running around with 11.5k HP and level 15 Sages with 14k+ hp in many games. The lower levels can do much more damage using far less skills.

The level 50 bracket is tons of fun now the low levels are gone.

I find the 1-49 bracket awful on my new level 10s, but had tons of fun on my Marauder 40-49...ripped through everything.

I disagree. Even though low levels have fewer abilities their damage is bolstered far more than the same abilities of someone on higher level. I joined my first warzone on my sentinel alt on level 10 and did 150.000 damage and got like 6 medals (2,5k hit, 10 kills, 25 kills, 75000 damage, killing blow, solo kill). My puny master strike hit level 4xs for 2,5k per tick. My level 14 gunslinger friend, who was with me on that warzone, scored a 3,8k crit.

The problem with brackets is that you get to level 50 and immediately start playing against level 50s with some or more PvP gear and immediately become cannon fodder. That's what I predicted before the brackets were introduced. That's what you asked for and that's what you get. All you can do is get 1000/1000 medals + one bag in your backpack by level 49 and then pray for champion tokens. 100 expertise should be enough to boost you enough.

Regards,

Kalantris

I'd say the Operative/Scoundrel 'Hidden Strike' is pretty much a core ability of the class, which doesn't come until 3x. Talents make a big difference.

Most classes are missing a fair few abilitys under 30.... or 40+ for Marauders/Senti for example...some of their main abilities are talented, and are higher up in the tree. Once they have all those abilities, and the talents to boost them, they're a lot of fun, and rip through lower levels with ease. Talents make a huge difference.

I'm not saying lower levels cannot do well, my guild recently rolled level 10 smugglers on our server to do a full stealth group, and it dominates :)

Bolstering seems to multiply things you already have, so gear and talents still give you an advantage.

Edited by Soazak

That's highly dependant on class. Mercs/commandos and sorcs/sages might get many of their most essential tools very early on in the game but some melee classes don't get theirs until the 30's or 40's.

Hahaha, say this to agents and smugglers

I said "core" not every handy tool. All classes get something special between 30-40.

Hahaha, say this to agents and smugglers [2]

Edited by CorruptedFlesh

The gear grind itself isn't the only thing to blame. It's entirely possible to have a gear spiral that doesn't punish players for reaching certain points in it.

Right now though in SWTOR, you PVP from 10 to 49 and it's fun.

Then you reach 50 and suddenly find you have to either farm PVE gear or be the punching bag for a few weeks before you can have fun in PVP again, while the process of gearing up mostly consists of hoping that a bag contains something useful, because if it doesn't, the last 2-3 hours of playing didn't improve your situation at all.

Then you grind up to BM to be able to grind out yet another set of PVP gear. Then you wonder why the designer of the game thought you'd even need that to be good at pvp. I mean come on, if you're a pvp player, you're good without a mechanical advantage in higher numbers.

It's quite possible to have tiered gear and all that goes with the territory without putting mandatory phases in the leveling process that are just, by design, not a lot of fun.

Edited by dannythefool

Many of you missed point of thread , i agree that bolster dont automaticaly equals all classes , i was talking about point of playing game that should be for fun , by the way is realy easy to get gear till 50 ( AH , Pvp weapon ,armour vendor) compared to rng system and aweful grind system when you hit 50

But I agree, Expertise and Biochem makes to much difference even between the same classes. About upcoming nerf to operatives: level 50 fully geared crits me 6k, same specced, but w/o pvp gear, I can crit him max 3.6.

Also the same problem is with other classes, but in case of ops it is more scaled.

do you know what talent points, higher base damage on abilties and accuracy/dodges are?

just saying ...your BASELINE stats get boosted, but in no way are you on even playing field regardless, those other higher players still have more talents and higher ranks of abilties trained

Many of you missed point of thread , i agree that bolster dont automaticaly equals all classes , i was talking about point of playing game that should be for fun , by the way is realy easy to get gear till 50 ( AH , Pvp weapon ,armour vendor) compared to rng system and aweful grind system when you hit 50

No they didn't, the replies are trying to point out that the problems that existed before the brackets, are still there, in the lower level bracket. In the 50 bracket, the problem doesn't exist that much tbh, expertise only accounts for upto around 12% (assuming full battlemaster), and there is little difference between 200 and 500 expertise.

Expertise wasn't really the problem, the problem was that they didn't have enough PvPers to make proper brackets, so instead used a bolstering system that ignores talents and items.

The 50 bracket is actually a lot of fun right now, with the exception of the first few days of Warzones you play (if you didn't play any from 10-49) to get 150~ expertise. While the 10-49 bracket can be pretty awful at times.