Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10-49 Bracket fairer than 50's bracket??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10-49 Bracket fairer than 50's bracket??

dannythefool
01.27.2012 , 05:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Scaethis View Post
My advice? BioWare needs to allow 50s back in the regular PvP pool and try to bridge the gap that expertise creates. I know for a fact that I won't be even able to PvP anymore after I hit 50, so why am I being punished for leveling quicker than others?
Well, why do you feel you're being punished for leveling quicker than others when your reason you won't be able to pvp anymore at 50 is you'd have to fight against level 50 players who leveled quicker than you? I don't really think you've thought this through. Besides, you'd still have to fight them in a combined bracket anyway, except half your team would now be even less helpful.

The other thing is that it's not only expertise. That's only one stat. The other stats on champion gear, or level 50 PVE gear, are also much better. A level 10 won't have very good chances against a level 49 in a warzone due to lack of skills, but if he's well geared (for level 10) then he'll at least have similar stats to a well-geared level 49. At 50 though, gear from hardmodes and ops comes into play as well as level 50 pvp gear, and this is no longer the case.

That's why level 50 players need to be in their own bracket. They break the bolster mechanic due to level 50 gear progression kicking in in addition to the character level.

(And BTT, I have a level 50 character but I do prefer playing various alts from 20 to 46, currently mostly playing a level 33. Being squarely in the middle of the bracket feels fairly balanced right now, that's subjective of course, but it's more fun for me right now than anything else.)

Fidopro
01.27.2012 , 05:19 PM | #22
this thread is epic fail.

if you read the big thead about this bracket, everyone says its better...many many people stated they jumped into a BG with their lvl 20 toon and have tons of fun, contributed lots.

Also a well geared 49 has like 13k HP, and a lvl 15 will have 12K HP

in the 50 bracket a fresh 50 has 13k HP and a geared 50 has 18K HP(at least)

who gives a **** about the talents they help obviously but still not game breaking by any means.

/thread

RazielHex
01.27.2012 , 05:21 PM | #23
level 42/46 +expertise PvP weapons.

blackhumbug
01.27.2012 , 05:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kckkryptonite View Post
I prefer the 50's brax tbh. In the 1-49 brax on my alts, a lot of players don't know what they're doing (more so than the 50 brax anyways), queue up at level 11 and spam their basic ranged attack, lack a lot of their abilities possibly causing one side to be imbalanced. I feel like I'm just n00bstomping in the 1-49. Capping a turret, scoring, or planting a bomb in the 50's brax feels so much more rewarding. People die much slower in the 50's brax and are generally more organized. I think that's a good thing.
i agree completely. solo queueing at lower levels and getting huttball was a complete nightmare...its amazing to queue up at 50 and even a pug group knows what its doing (somewhat).
whats inside?

RobHouse
01.27.2012 , 05:25 PM | #25
i have yet to reach 50, but i love pvping on my lvl 26 JK and my lvl 17 sniper, it reminds me vanilla wow in that no one has super uber gear that makes them unkillable without 20min of free time and a pocket healer. i am honestly afraid of the 50s brackets, both from my experience in wow, and from what i am hearing in the forums

Darthoctapus
01.27.2012 , 05:27 PM | #26
Who wouldn't like more pridictable damage vs inflated *** cat punching respawn hitting after fighting for 2 seconds rofl this is stupid damage?

Aowar
01.27.2012 , 05:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by yukirshiro View Post
No, 10-49 is if anything even less fair.

The difference isn't fairness. The difference is in the 10-49 bracket you can pwn noobs with only a few hours of investment instead of a few weeks.

A level 10 is even gimper compared to a geared level 49 than a new 50 is to a BM. But with only a few hours' work the level 10 become a level 20 and then it can farm level 10s.

Basically 10-49 is just as unbalanced, it's just easier to move from the farmed seat to the farmer seat.

This is simply wrong. The issue is bads think they can roll into warzones wearing gear that is awful and expect to kill people. At level 10 on my sniper I dominated at level 10 on my healer, I dominated. Why? Because first I made sure I had gear and second I made sure to understand what my abilities do. The two biggest things that the majority of clueless 10-49 players refuse to do.

Chiricahua
01.27.2012 , 05:31 PM | #28
You have a valid point about level 10's. But, by the time you are level 22, things even out a lot. I do quite well against level 40's. Heck, it takes no time at all to get from level 10 to 22. I sense a lot of hyperbole in your statement.

lowizi
01.27.2012 , 05:31 PM | #29
10-49 is way more fair than full battlemaster pre-made's destroying a lvl 50 with average gear they got while questing. The difference is just retarded...

I had more fun as a lvl 15 fighting lvl 40's than I have in this lvl 50 bracket.

Gendaito
01.27.2012 , 05:32 PM | #30
PvP as it is now is no fun at all on rep. side...

You enter with 5 or 6 players below lvl 25 only to face a 40+ team.
Did 10 warzones today and only 1 was balanced enough to have some fun, the other 8 was just a frustrating , total fail due to the fact we where facing 40+ imp. every single time while we where lucky to have 2 40+ players on our side.
There is just no balance what so ever.