Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10-49 Bracket fairer than 50's bracket??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10-49 Bracket fairer than 50's bracket??

Idockdudes
02.05.2012 , 03:16 AM | #91
You can always compete in either bracket if you arent bad. It gets a little easier mid 20s in the lower bracket and once you get a decent amount of expertise in the higher tier. This is something people just need to expect.

The biggest difference you really need to consider is how competitive each of the enviroments are. In the 50s bracket you have a lot of people queueing up with the most competitive group they can field comp wise, gear wise and skill wise. That doesnt happen as much in the lower bracket.

Its much easier to have a big impact as an individual in the lower bracket, regardless of your level. Everything else being equal a higher level should win a fight against a lower level of course, but that almost never happens.

The level difference gives an advantage to the higher level player, but its not anything that is insurmountable by a good player. I can understand a bad player being upset about how unfair it is, but maybe they should work on being a better player instead of complaining about how unfair the brackets are.

Kuari
02.05.2012 , 12:30 PM | #92
I love how most people on forums assumes everyone that disagrees with their opinions is somehow a bad player without taking the math into account. I really do. There really are some mathematical gaps in RPG that can't be closed unless your target is just LETTING you hit them and ignoring you, which really, the only skill in that is finding spots where you can escape some notice. Sometimes its not just a skill gap, and yet people want to say they are somehow more skilled when they are winning with better gear? Yeah, it doesn't work that way. The skill argument against this stuff just does not work. Ugh, I swear, if I had the time or desire, I'd PvP each and every level and check how bolster influenced my character compared to previous levels. People don't seem to notice that earlier levels get a bigger benefit from bolster that often pushes them above the higher levels by a slight bit and that's why lower levels stand a good chance even without all the skills.

A lot of these topics shouldn't even come up without people doing the math though. Like with expertise, there's some solid math behind it easily gotten to (though people left and right try to butcher it rather than work it out. Percentages don't add together evenly people!)
Standards are made to be broken.
- Crie - 50 Sniper - Engineer spec -
- Kuari - 35 Assassin - Tank spec -

Forevernite
02.07.2012 , 10:16 AM | #93
Please, try to understand that the real problem in not having more level brackets is due to the jedi knight/sith warrior class. This class has no CC at low levels, and if you have to face a char with healing (noone knows why the trooper/mercenary class is so imba), you simply cannot kill him. It is not a lack of skill. I play all the classes. In the case of the classes with no CC, it is simply more DIFFICULT. And "more difficult", simply, means NO BALANCE. So, to reach the balance, which is the aim of a mmorpg, something must change.

Of course, when a jedi knight/sith warrior class reach the CC skills, it becomes a way more balanced class.

I still remain of the opinion that level brackets like 10-19, 20-29, 30-39 and so forth, with the bolster to the last level (19, 29, 39...) is a better solution. Just the solution adopted by Age of Conan, for example, a mmorpg that has a 4 year experience.

I'd like to see also the "Sprint" skill at level 10, not 14, just to add even more balance to the level difference.
Fiery the angels fell deep thunder rolled around their shoulders burning with the fires of Orc.

ZeusThunder
02.07.2012 , 10:28 AM | #94
My 3rd alt is level 14. I only do well when I'm playing bads and no one is attacking me. I'm playing a Vanguard but am acting like a Commando by trying to get into positions where I'm not as noticeable.
When I do get attacked, the fight is over very quickly if it is anyone level 35+ against me.
When making a new post if you can't even take the time to use basic grammar and spelling, why should I take the time to give you a proper response? Using poor English in forum posts is an invitation to be trolled.

stingreddog
02.07.2012 , 10:37 AM | #95
I've been top of the damage boards with my merc since level 14 and I love pvp. I've faced off 1v1 many times with levels 30-40+ and have won quite a few times. I think it's way fun and I'm having a blast. It's pretty fair from my point of view at least!

From what I've heard from level 50 pvp - just take out expertise. Should solve most problems. I'll probably be flamed for this, lol, but I don't intend to visit this thread after this post. Have at it, trolls!

Tamanous
02.07.2012 , 10:49 AM | #96
The op is clueless as to how bolster works. A level 20 in same level purples will wipe the floor with a level 49 in poor gear or gear out leveled by several levels.

You certainly can swap in the minor bolster mods from weapons but this ONLY works at the level of the mod. Due to bolster that small amount of expertise will not offset how crappy that mod will be a few levels further against a same level purple mod.

Due to bolster a level 20 in same level purples is a beast, level 30 is a nightmare a level 49 is a god.

What makes 10-49 bracket more fair is that EVERYONE has access to such gear at ANY level within the bracket and the difference between someone in blues, a mix of purples or all purples is still less than the difference between new 50's in pve gear vs higher tier pvp players.

It is expertise that creates the barrier for entering level 50 pvp. A new player has ZERO mechanics to offset this. At least in pre-50 pvp they can tweak at any level including a level 10.

SUPER HIGH FIDELITY SECRET!: A low teen in purples bolsters more than any other level. You may be spamming 3 powers but you will hit like a Titan (bolster makes up for the fact they are missing slotted items at that level).

bennyrosso
02.07.2012 , 10:52 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamanous View Post
The op is clueless as to how bolster works. A level 20 in purples will wipe the floor with a level 49 in poor gear.

You certainly can swap in the minor bolster mods from weapons but this ONLY works at the level of the mod. Due to bolster that small amount of expertise will not offset how crappy that mod will be a few levels further against a same level purple mod.

Due to bolster a level 20 in same level purples is a beast, level 30 is a nightmare a level 49 is a god.

What makes 10-49 bracket more fair is that EVERYONE has access to such gear at ANY level within the bracket and the difference between someone in blues, a mix of purples or all purples is still less than the difference between new 50's in pve gear vs higher tier pvp players.

It is expertise that creates the barrier for entering level 50 pvp. A new player has ZERO mechanics to offset this. At least in pre-50 pvp they can tweak at any level including a level 10.

SUPER HIGH FIDELITY SECRET!: A low teen in purples bolsters more than any other level. You may be spamming 3 powers but you will hit like a Titan (bolster makes up for the fact they are missing slotted items at that level).
U are then probably clueless about basic login and reading comprehension, i stopped reading after 2 lines.
[Ayreon: Lvl 50 Assassin rank 50+] [Ayrea: Lvl 50 Operative rank 64] [Ashaa: lvl 22 mercenary rank 20+] [Ravel: lvl 50 Marauder rank 50+]
The Newborn legacy - Guild: We Dont Play Pandas -Peragus Mining Facility EU

Delavager
02.07.2012 , 11:00 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamanous View Post
The op is clueless as to how bolster works. A level 20 in same level purples will wipe the floor with a level 49 in poor gear or gear out leveled by several levels.

SUPER HIGH FIDELITY SECRET!: Skills and Abilities >>>>>> Gear.
People are so blatently blind or ignorant it's amazing. Did you even read my post?
Let put it this way, as a 49 I could utterly destroy a level 10 with HALF of his health. If you gave me 6khp against level 10s I'd still utterly destroy them. I have so many more abilities and things to both survive, CC, dmg, etc. that the level 10 can't do anything regardless of stats.

Super FAIL!

Forevernite
02.07.2012 , 12:48 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Delavager View Post
SUPER HIGH FIDELITY SECRET!: Skills and Abilities >>>>>> Gear.
People are so blatently blind or ignorant it's amazing. Did you even read my post?
Let put it this way, as a 49 I could utterly destroy a level 10 with HALF of his health. If you gave me 6khp against level 10s I'd still utterly destroy them. I have so many more abilities and things to both survive, CC, dmg, etc. that the level 10 can't do anything regardless of stats.

Super FAIL!
This is so true! I read a lot about bolster, bolster, so try to explain me WHY each time I face a high level char, he devastates me in 2 moves. And I never - never lose versus a low level char - it happened a couple of times in all the matches I've played.
Fiery the angels fell deep thunder rolled around their shoulders burning with the fires of Orc.