Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10-39 and 40-50 PvP Brackets

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10-39 and 40-50 PvP Brackets

Garbald
01.18.2012 , 08:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sapphix View Post
I thought they was going to separate the levels into two brackets, 10-39 and 40-50. I've read a few of the other posts and I agree that a 50 only bracket isn't a good solution - at least not right now.

Now level 49's are going to be slaughtering the lowbies and the level 50's aren't going to get much action.
Killing level 49 players is not that hard at lower levels, they donīt have above boosting level gear (or if they have its not by much) and donīt have their 50 abilities and even more important you very very rarely will find groups of lvl 49 players pvping together.

So having a lvl 50 only bracket pretty much is the correct thing to do seeing that the difference power wise between a lvl30 (boosted) and lvl 49 is considerably smaller then a lvl 49 and a fully geared lvl 50...

Amp_
01.18.2012 , 08:55 AM | #12
It's going to be fine. The problem with 50's was not only did they get expertise, but their top tier gear also caused an even greater gap. The bolstering mechanic just can't scale with that combo.

Shanaki
01.18.2012 , 09:00 AM | #13
Fresh 50's are going to have this same problem of getting dominated. What they need to do is add more PvP gear for lower levels that is significant enough.

Husanak
01.18.2012 , 09:07 AM | #14
The way the bolster system works... lower levels will likely get a better bump then Most 40-49s. Purple gear at those lower levels is easier too come by... removing all the end game PvP gear from the bolster system... should allow it too work much more closely too the way it was intended to work. I don't think 1-49 will be a major issue.

Zutha
01.18.2012 , 09:09 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BDutch View Post
The difference between 40-49 is insignificant compared to the difference between 49 and 50.
This ^
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrinic View Post
Wait until there are more 50s. Obviously.

Don't blame Bioware because you are unemployed.

Zutha
01.18.2012 , 09:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Shanaki View Post
Fresh 50's are going to have this same problem of getting dominated. What they need to do is add more PvP gear for lower levels that is significant enough.
False as you have 40-50 in level to build a good set of lvl 50 armor, whether it's by pvp, commendations or crafting.

As soon as I hit lvl 50 I'll have 3 pvp bags and mods coming out of my ar*e to regear the lvl 40 pvp armor I picked up and I'll be in a far better position at 50 to pvp then I am now at 47.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrinic View Post
Wait until there are more 50s. Obviously.

Don't blame Bioware because you are unemployed.

halltw
01.18.2012 , 09:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RealAeiouy View Post
There is zero need for a 10-39 and a 40-49 bracket.

10-49 is fine. In fact it is great.
this. May never ding 50, the more balanced pvp will reside in 1-49. 50 will be a gear race.

karcyon
01.18.2012 , 09:32 AM | #18
NO! Pre gear grind PvP has always been the most fun (WoW, Rift etc). This should be great! I wish I could disable XP gain from PvP tbh!

BDutch
01.18.2012 , 09:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by halltw View Post
this. May never ding 50, the more balanced pvp will reside in 1-49. 50 will be a gear race.
Yeah I'm not really interested in taking my alts into the cool kids club either. It's more fun playing with friends regardless of level/gear.
Originally Posted by Puja
The sentinel PVP armor is PINK and POOP colored with golden ******* and a clown helmet my brain is not able to make any sense out of. Then some sort of giant bug from the Jetsons has attached itself to the left shoulder.

Heptakaideka
01.26.2012 , 10:09 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by RealAeiouy View Post
There is zero need for a 10-39 and a 40-49 bracket.

10-49 is fine. In fact it is great.
bzzz wrong, sorry that is not the answer we were looking for.

I've waited a total of 19 hours for a pvp match on level 50. But it doesn't happen so I started a new character and got him to level 10 with the best armor i could find on the gtn.

I can't even get the level 40+ characters to half their hp before i am dead, even when my BH is fighting a consular one on one. The gap in armor and in abilities is too big... and in a lot of cases, lower level characters do not have any idea what they are doing. get a team of 40s vs a team of 12s and it is a slaughter. why are they in the same game? halo has it right with the way they do this on live, with the ranking system.

the answer we were looking is, "pvp brackets are quite necessary". 10-39, 40-50.
My Jedi Consular level 1-50 revolved around helping Jedi who have no control over what they are thinking. Mind control like that does not even exist in Star Wars. Even Jabba the Hutt could resist mind control just by being strong willed. And Jedi? There was no Yoda or Vandar to compensate for these frivolities. It was shallow; without purpose.