Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10-39 and 40-50 PvP Brackets

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10-39 and 40-50 PvP Brackets

Sapphix
01.18.2012 , 08:35 AM | #1
I thought they was going to separate the levels into two brackets, 10-39 and 40-50. I've read a few of the other posts and I agree that a 50 only bracket isn't a good solution - at least not right now.

Now level 49's are going to be slaughtering the lowbies and the level 50's aren't going to get much action.

BDutch
01.18.2012 , 08:37 AM | #2
The difference between 40-49 is insignificant compared to the difference between 49 and 50.
Originally Posted by Puja
The sentinel PVP armor is PINK and POOP colored with golden ******* and a clown helmet my brain is not able to make any sense out of. Then some sort of giant bug from the Jetsons has attached itself to the left shoulder.

Libertine
01.18.2012 , 08:37 AM | #3
dont know where you got the idea from that there would be 40-50 bracket.
patch notes on test allways said seperate lvl bracket.

having lvl49 players in warzones isnt as bad tbh, they arent geared in full pvp or high end pve-gear.
and lets face it, the phase where you get owned hard by lvl49 player(eq. lvl10-20) doesnt last that long. after that you have your full set of abilities so it aint that unbalanced.

shagisley
01.18.2012 , 08:38 AM | #4
Level 49 isnt a destination. No one stays 49 for long. Groups of 49s dominating PVP isnt even a thing.

Stanjoly
01.18.2012 , 08:38 AM | #5
You ***** and moan to get a 50's bracket, then you complain about something else.

As for 49's dominating. 49's are still leveling, i.e. they can't use the top level gear (Centurion and up) Their stats, with the possible exclusion of tanks are usually still around the same as any other players boosted stats.

the only advantage they have is their abilities.

It's the gear that made 50's dominate, not their level.
"The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. Faith and feelings are the darkness to reason's light. In rejecting reason, refusing to think, one embraces death."

Knifewrench
01.18.2012 , 08:38 AM | #6
Yet as time goes on, the gear gets better for higher levels which means it gets bolstered a lot less, putting more weight on the higher levels to be able to use their abilities and stat stacking correctly. If they don't, they become more useless than the level 10.
War Hero with a bounty on him by his own faction. Aren't I popular.

Cylide
01.18.2012 , 08:43 AM | #7
Okay, but give the sub 50s a base of expertise through bolster to make up for the gear gap, because that's the real problem, not the lack of abilities/talents.
Exar Kun - EU
<The Sciath Legacy>
Johanna the Pure 50 Defense Guardian
Master Cylide 50 Balance Shadow

RealAeiouy
01.18.2012 , 08:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sapphix View Post
I thought they was going to separate the levels into two brackets, 10-39 and 40-50. I've read a few of the other posts and I agree that a 50 only bracket isn't a good solution - at least not right now.

Now level 49's are going to be slaughtering the lowbies and the level 50's aren't going to get much action.
There is zero need for a 10-39 and a 40-49 bracket.

10-49 is fine. In fact it is great.
I put the AssAssIn assassin.

BDutch
01.18.2012 , 08:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Cylide View Post
Okay, but give the sub 50s a base of expertise through bolster to make up for the gear gap, because that's the real problem, not the lack of abilities/talents.
You can actually get 150 expertise at level 45.
Originally Posted by Puja
The sentinel PVP armor is PINK and POOP colored with golden ******* and a clown helmet my brain is not able to make any sense out of. Then some sort of giant bug from the Jetsons has attached itself to the left shoulder.

Sapphix
01.18.2012 , 08:52 AM | #10
Thanks for the cool and informative replies. I can see what you are saying about the gear gap rather than the ability/level.

As for that one guy that got all uppity about it, I personally didn't itch and moan for anything. I had heard word of mouth that they was doing 40-50 because the lack of 50's on some servers at the moment, I was just curious if they changed it at the last moment.

Personally I didn't mind the 50's as long as both sides was fairly balanced with them. It was kinda like having a 'strong' NPC in there. Stick close to your 50 and help them kill the enemies' 50s.