PvP Tanking for Dummies (5.7)

kissingaiur

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to second this. I've tanked reggie WZs for a little while with moderate success, but would like to step up to the big leagues soon and haven't found an up-to-date guide for PvP tanking. I know there were some recent changes (mostly to tank damage, if I'm not mistaken).

Just wanted to add my gratitude to this thread. Love the guide but I am curious if there is a more up to date version of the guide I am not aware of? The version I am looking at seems a bit out of date as the utilities have changed. Is there a newer version i am not aware of?

Thanks regardless... /bow.

I just want to remind everyone there is a message on each guide which tells you the last time it was looked over. The tanking guide says:

"As of game update 5.9.3: Fame and Fortune, critical hits can now be shielded against in PvP. This does not change my gearing recommendations. The negligible improvement to tanks’ survivability gained by stacking Shield Rating and Absorb Rating is not worth the DPS loss (except in select cases where you expect to be tank tunneled)."

So after reading that is there anything you are specifically looking for that is out of date? Rambol and myself keep this updated per patches. There hasn't been any real tanking changes since 5.7. If you believe we missed something please contact me directly on forums, twitter or twitch.

Thanks.

Edited by kissingaiur

• 3 months later...
I just want to remind everyone there is a message on each guide which tells you the last time it was looked over. The tanking guide says:

"As of game update 5.9.3: Fame and Fortune, critical hits can now be shielded against in PvP. This does not change my gearing recommendations. The negligible improvement to tanks’ survivability gained by stacking Shield Rating and Absorb Rating is not worth the DPS loss (except in select cases where you expect to be tank tunneled)."

So after reading that is there anything you are specifically looking for that is out of date? Rambol and myself keep this updated per patches. There hasn't been any real tanking changes since 5.7. If you believe we missed something please contact me directly on forums, twitter or twitch.

Thanks.

Is anything changing or still same basic rules?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...