Ne'laa's PvP guide to SW:TOR - Including Yavin Ruins!

Schoock

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ne’laa, as good as this guide is, it is very long for some people to take-in because they are easily distracted ;)

Swtorista put all the swtor guides into a thread and it is great to see your one is at the top of the pvp section.

What would really help though is if you could a seperate guide that just has the Warzones and Arena section in it describing the tactics and how they work.

I’ve found that your explanations and tactics to be more advanced than the most of the other guides, but people are using the more basic tactics that are shown in the videos and I’ve even been told to L2P when using similar tactics to yours. I believe this is because your guide is a bit too long to compete against the YouTube vids. People just do t have the time or attention span to read through a big guide. I know you have a menu for them to click, it’s shame they don’t use it.

I think if you could just copy paste that section into its own guide and then Swtorista could put it at the top of the “PVP Warzone Types” section as well.

Anyway, your guide is great. I wish more people would take the time to read it. I’ve put it in my signature for that specific reason ;)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Ne’laa, as good as this guide is, it is very long for some people to take-in because they are easily distracted ;)

Swtorista put all the swtor guides into a thread and it is great to see your one is at the top of the pvp section.

What would really help though is if you could a seperate guide that just has the Warzones and Arena section in it describing the tactics and how they work.

I’ve found that your explanations and tactics to be more advanced than the most of the other guides, but people are using the more basic tactics that are shown in the videos and I’ve even been told to L2P when using similar tactics to yours. I believe this is because your guide is a bit too long to compete against the YouTube vids. People just do t have the time or attention span to read through a big guide. I know you have a menu for them to click, it’s shame they don’t use it.

I think if you could just copy paste that section into its own guide and then Swtorista could put it at the top of the “PVP Warzone Types” section as well.

Anyway, your guide is great. I wish more people would take the time to read it. I’ve put it in my signature for that specific reason ;)

Hi Trixxie,

The points you make are valid and reasonable, yet I'm going to say I have no changes planned at this point. One of the reasons for that is the game looks like is on its dying breaths, and I'm not quite sure whether the extra work is worth what it would gain. That's #1.

#2 is that my plan was to do a guide as detailed as reasonable; I know it does not directly compete with the one-liner cookbook style of YouTube vids, but I'm not sure I want it to. There will always be people that just want to cover a 300 score difference with orbs, and, frankly, I'm done trying to educate them.

#3 I had plans to split it all into a basic and advanced section, but it would need an almost complete rewrite and as per #1, I'm not sure I want to do that.

#4 If people can't use a ToC, shame on them.

(Btw you can link into various parts of the guide using ToC links, like this will take you right to the part about warzones.)

Edited by Schoock

• 4 weeks later...

The guide has been updated to Game Patch 5.9!

Along with the changes in the game, some minor improvements have been made, including but not limited to even more detailed explanations of Huttball, offnode play and some videos showcasing the most important mechanics. Note that this is not a finished effort, I will keep adding these short clips to various parts as I make them.

Ne'laa

• 1 month later...

+

This is very good guide, is comprehensive, is detailed, thus to be kept on the first page was the right call imop.

I thank you for it.

Although been around for some time, from the guide I've learned a few aspects that escaped me before and I do appreciate the amount of work put into composing it.

-

Yet it has a lack, a shortage, a deficiency, a gap, a shortcoming.

>

a BIG one

If this minus has been enforced upon the writer, in order to allow it to be published, a requirement to remove any negative publicity, fair it would have been some kind of hint about that condition, only that too is absent.

Thus, I bet my account + subscription that the one that wrote this is Bioware's stuff or some „hired hand” like Vulkk, not at all some casual passionate player with nothing to benefit from typing something, like I am right now.

So what is missing from the guide to be complete?

(imop that exclusion should have been a substantial section at least)

There is nothing in the whole guide about CHEATING.

The only mention of cheating in the whole guide is on Voidstar section, where according to the author some yell „cheat” about what in fact is a 'fair' game mechanics with a stealther teleporting across and the stupid bystander not noticing the silhouette bumping into him to call out for door guarding...

So the guide implies that there is no cheating at all in wz, no1 cheats, cheats are not possible, never was any, never will be, no proof has ever been produced, no hack is ever happening, the results/scores are always obtained only due to tactics and skills and coordination and knowledge and experience and gear/stats and... or shortage of!

The guide is truly a great guide. But is not complete. The cheat part is missing.

I wish to emphasize the mention cover-up with a personal example from one recent Alderaan match: the speeder popped, landed about the same time with a player of the same class, both started running toward same snow turret, both having same class!! the other one got in front, the distance between started to grow, the interval/space got bigger and bigger until the other one disappeared from sight, it vanished since it got so far ahead, that the game's graphics at max. zoom were not showing him anymore, only the beam become visible when he capped the point before any of the other team could reach the same point to interrupt him = well, if that player was not Ne'laa himself, then for sure it must be one of the most avid and fastest re-re-readers of this guide!!

Thus I beg of you Master Ne'laa, could you teach me about the abilities? and effects? and gearing? and resolve? and class utility? and protection? and cleansing? and skills? and tactics? and experience? to pull out something so neat fair and indisputable correct? Guide me Obi-waNe'laa, you're my only hoax!

A complete guide should have included the types of cheats that are used, how to spot it and what can be done (beside just quitting the match and cancellation of the account), more precise what hack or Cheat Engine setting can be used to overcome that hack or that...I will retain to provide much and way too many more personal stories about how bad is cheating now in wz, to conclude with this part >

Ban – banning a cheater

The relatively new players I can understand why they do not realize it, but even the very old ones prove still naive, since they look at banning as a anti-cheating measure taken by Bioware, but is was never about that!

Obvious!

Not even the cheaters that got banned seem to not figured out yet – that is no surprise to me at all, that the cheaters are ...''slow''(euphemism)!!!

If banning would have ever had the purpose to clean the wz environment of cheaters, then it should have been updated or changed or supplemented, only nothing was ever done in that respect, even if the degree of cheating it just increased.

If the ban was never-ever 'patched', can only be because it did and does its job well, it performs as it should, it delivers as planned.

Thus:

- The second purpose of the ban is to project a smoke-screen upon players and generate in them the ilusion that something is being done by Bioware against cheaters = and it works.

- The First Goal of the ban is to squeeze more money out of the same players, easily done by hooking a whale, letting it cheat like a ****, then banning it in order to force it open/swap a new account and pay for that one too at least one month...and so on.

This is why if you do cheat yourself somehow (and this is how!), you must avoid/deny the subject at all costs, or it could bungee boomerang into your own cost!

Edited by Marmeladix

+

This is very good guide, is comprehensive, is detailed, thus to be kept on the first page was the right call imop.

I thank you for it.

Although been around for some time, from the guide I've learned a few aspects that escaped me before and I do appreciate the amount of work put into composing it.

-

Yet it has a lack, a shortage, a deficiency, a gap, a shortcoming.

>

a BIG one

If this minus has been enforced upon the writer, in order to allow it to be published, a requirement to remove any negative publicity, fair it would have been some kind of hint about that condition, only that too is absent.

Thus, I bet my account + subscription that the one that wrote this is Bioware's stuff or some „hired hand” like Vulkk, not at all some casual passionate player with nothing to benefit from typing something, like I am right now.

So what is missing from the guide to be complete?

(imop that exclusion should have been a substantial section at least)

The only mention of cheating in the whole guide is on Voidstar section, where according to the author some yell „cheat” about what in fact is a 'fair' game mechanics with a stealther teleporting across and the stupid bystander not noticing the silhouette bumping into him to call out for door guarding...

So the guide implies that there is no cheating at all in wz, no1 cheats, cheats are not possible, never was any, never will be, no proof has ever been produced, no hack is ever happening, the results/scores are always obtained only due to tactics and skills and coordination and knowledge and experience and gear/stats and... or shortage of!

The guide is truly a great guide. But is not complete. The cheat part is missing.

I wish to emphasize the mention cover-up with a personal example from one recent Alderaan match: the speeder popped, landed about the same time with a player of the same class, both started running toward same snow turret, both having same class!! the other one got in front, the distance between started to grow, the interval/space got bigger and bigger until the other one disappeared from sight, it vanished since it got so far ahead, that the game's graphics at max. zoom were not showing him anymore, only the beam become visible when he capped the point before any of the other team could reach the same point to interrupt him = well, if that player was not Ne'laa himself, then for sure it must be one of the most avid and fastest re-re-readers of this guide!!

Thus I beg of you Master Ne'laa, could you teach me about the abilities? and effects? and gearing? and resolve? and class utility? and protection? and cleansing? and skills? and tactics? and experience? to pull out something so neat fair and indisputable correct? Guide me Obi-waNe'laa, you're my only hoax!

A complete guide should have included the types of cheats that are used, how to spot it and what can be done (beside just quitting the match and cancellation of the account), more precise what hack or Cheat Engine setting can be used to overcome that hack or that...I will retain to provide much and way too many more personal stories about how bad is cheating now in wz, to conclude with this part >

Ban – banning a cheater

The relatively new players I can understand why they do not realize it, but even the very old ones prove still naive, since they look at banning as a anti-cheating measure taken by Bioware, but is was never about that!

Obvious!

Not even the cheaters that got banned seem to not figured out yet – that is no surprise to me at all, that the cheaters are ...''slow''(euphemism)!!!

If banning would have ever had the purpose to clean the wz environment of cheaters, then it should have been updated or changed or supplemented, only nothing was ever done in that respect, even if the degree of cheating it just increased.

If the ban was never-ever 'patched', can only be because it did and does its job well, it performs as it should, it delivers as planned.

Thus:

- The second purpose of the ban is to project a smoke-screen upon players and generate in them the ilusion that something is being done by Bioware against cheaters = and it works.

- The First Goal of the ban is to squeeze more money out of the same players, easily done by hooking a whale, letting it cheat like a ****, then banning it in order to force it open/swap a new account and pay for that one too at least one month...and so on.

This is why if you do cheat yourself somehow (and this is how!), you must avoid/deny the subject at all costs, or it could bungee boomerang into your own cost!

While your certainly entitled to any opinion, that which you are taking exception is a sensitive subject for some [that being cheats]. If I understand some of the particulars correctly [there are others here who have an understanding of the intricacies on this subject far better than I] There is a wide gambit of opinions held by players, I believe some of the common one's being in no particular order -

* There is no cheating going on.

* There are no hacks.

* There is cheating going on mostly based on things people see as 'out of the ordinary', but have no proof.

* Those things out of the ordinary are not cheats but are d'syncs and misunderstood ability uses that seem like cheating but aren't.

* There is some cheating going on but very little [hacks wise].

* There is a lot of cheating but mostly things that can't be proved/ lack of evidence.

* Agreement that cheats are going on, but not sharing necessarily the belief in one or another, but different hacks/cheats held as real by other players.

Essentially, there is very little agreement on what is going on with cheating and where there is agreement on this there is also disagreement from some parties. You might have 10 people say they agree on the use of X hack, but another ten people who don't think that is a hack or a cheat. So it's complicated in defining exactly where cheating is and isn't going on and the form it takes.

There is however large spread of agreement that there are a lot of 'back door' illicit practices between players for the express purpose of exploitation of mechanics so as to ensure greater performance than would otherwise be attained by not using back door tactics [i.e. win trading, back fill, playing the quece against it self by only taking matches where there is greater gain potential, minimization of loss of elo do to player ratings, and account buys. This is largely confined to ranked pvp. Cheating? Yes, but not via hacks mostly. {Exceptions are of course possible].

There is a concerted effort by those that do engage in this kind of unfair practice to cast doubt on the existance of such practices and hacks so as to make themselves appear as TOP of the heap players through legitimate means.

Most people agree on the existence of back door tactics being employed, and while there are many that believe in the existence of hacks being used there is wide spread disagreement on the magnitude of occurrences and how they manifest.

Without being able to provide definitive unassailable evidence making it "beyond the shadow of a doubt", it would be misplaced to include something in a guide that is speculative and lacks certainty.

Another words, while some may believe in this cheat or that practice, others don't. While there are videos you can watch on you tube that seek to use that as evidence of cheats in use, there are many that doubt that while it certainly looks questionable, that is by no means 100% sure that it is hacks we are seeing in the videos but may be glitches, anomalies or other factors at play that perhaps are not being considered.

If it isn't an unassailable fact with supporting evidence than you haven't proven said cheats or practices are definite realities. As long as there are bugs, glitches, and connectivity performance variations among players, many will simply wright off a questionable occurrence here and there on that basis.

Many players believe that hacks and back door practices exist in some measure, just like many people think we never landed on the moon. Neither can produce unassailable proof.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

• 2 weeks later...

Ban – banning a cheater

Obvious!

Thus:

What heck has cheating got to do with a player guide on how to pvp? This guide was written explicitly to explain how to pvp and show how pvp works. Not how to spot cheats, report cheats or how to cheat.

I really don’t understand why you think a guide to help people needs to have anything to do with cheating and I’ve no idea why you would even bring it up and then make a massive post about it.

Honestly, I think that is the ridiculous thing I’ve seen posted in a long time. It’s certainly in the top 10.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...