10-29, 30-49 brackets for WZ

dejavy

Is it so hard to add such like brackets in game? This is getting more and more ridiculous when our team day after day consists of 10-24lvls while imps constantly have at least 3 players of 40+. I wouldn't write anything but i started a new alt and it's the 4th day in a row when are simply facerolled without a single chance.

Being level 20 and fight against lvl 29 is fine to my mind and it's definitely wrong to let sheeps enter a cage with lions.

Edited by dejavy

Is so hard to add such like brackets in game? This is getting more and more ridiculous when our team day after day consists of 10-24lvls while imps constantly have at least 3 players of 40+. I wouldn't write anything but i started a new alt and it's the 4th day in a row when are simply facerolled without a single chance.

Being level 20 and fight against lvl 29 is fine to my mind and it's definitely wrong to let sheeps enter a cage with lions.

All players stats are boosted to 49 in WZs, so your level really doesn't have anything to do with it except for what abilities you have.

All players stats are boosted to 49 in WZs, so your level really doesn't have anything to do with it except for what abilities you have.

The ability difference is HUGE though. Having 49 stats does not equal 49 skills....

I'd like more tiered brackets but it would increase the queue times

The ability difference is HUGE though. Having 49 stats does not equal 49 skills....

I'd like more tiered brackets but it would increase the queue times

The difference in abilities isn't much. The only important ability lower-levels would be missing is their interrupt. Atleast I think lower-levels don't get theirs...

In any case, a smart PvPer can out-skill a level 49 on a level 10 toon. Please note that I said a 'smart PvPer', which is why we see a lack of people who can do it.

The difference in abilities isn't much. The only important ability lower-levels would be missing is their interrupt. Atleast I think lower-levels don't get theirs...

In any case, a smart PvPer can out-skill a level 49 on a level 10 toon. Please note that I said a 'smart PvPer', which is why we see a lack of people who can do it.

Only if the the 49 is bad. If the 49 has a clue it is lights out. As you see more and more ppl fully augmenting lvl 40+ gear it gets silly. I know I have a 48 vg who does over 500k without breakinga sweat.

Only works if the level 49 isn't a smart PvPer though. Also, at 30+ is when most people get those 30%-50% crit dmg boost as well as the special abilities that are only found in their specific trees. Revivification, Force Exhaustion, Sever Force, Heatseeker Missile, Assault Plastique, etc. At the lower levels spec don't really differentiate all that much, but each one becomes much more diverse in how it performs and what it can provide. All this said and done though, I still don't believe they should split the queues, at least not until cross servers are implemented, them I'd be fine to see how splitting would do.

After lvl 40 people get their 31st talent and in most cases it's a greatly hiting skill. So, don't tell us about no damage or else difference. The difference is HUGE. Only some classes being 20+ can deal pretty equal damage with 40s, such like snipers, PTs. The rest are dummies against 40s.

Even 10-39 and 40-49 bracket would be better but yes, the queues would be endless for 40s. The worst thing is that there are some guilds which make premades of 40+s and faceroll the opposite teams all day long.

Edited by dejavy

The level and the number of abilities isn't the only thing that helps you, contrary to popular belief, gear is also a factor.

TBH I think once you get 20+ you are pretty much good to go as long as you know what you are doing. Most classes take off at that lvl when you can get the lvl 20 PVP gear and also your lvl 20 tree ability.

However I would really like the requirement to que for WZ's to be 14 for non preferred status characters with the lack of sprint and the people that decide to que as soon as they hit 10 with no AC.

TBH I think once you get 20+ you are pretty much good to go as long as you know what you are doing. Most classes take off at that lvl when you can get the lvl 20 PVP gear and also your lvl 20 tree ability

This simply isn't true, there are only a few classes that get most of their stuff early on. Classes liike marauders, juggs, ops etc. have to wait till mid/late 30's (or even 40) to get things really going. And the pre-50 "PvP" gear doesn't mean a thing. You can just buy similar or better gear from the gtn or planet comms. It only matters if you only do PvP.

I would like to see this as well. I just do not think it is achievable with the current player population. And yes, even with stats increased to level 49, skills and gear can make a huge impact, especially as players get to mid 40s, giving people with higher level unfair advantage (assuming player skill is equal). Edited by Ottoattack

YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANYTHING FOR PVP FOR ANOTHER 8 MONTHS!!!

Seriously, if you look at how often they add content to pvp, it is usually every 8 months.

What you can expect in 2-3 months or so are some new tier of gear and some buffed abilities to play around with to keep people busy like bubble stun or smash. Of course these buffed abilities will suck in PvE so that PvE doesn't get ruined.

YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANYTHING FOR PVP FOR ANOTHER 8 MONTHS!!!

Seriously, if you look at how often they add content to pvp, it is usually every 8 months.

What you can expect in 2-3 months or so are some new tier of gear and some buffed abilities to play around with to keep people busy like bubble stun or smash. Of course these buffed abilities will suck in PvE so that PvE doesn't get ruined.

hate to burst your bubble good fellow, but the devs have been chomping at the bit about an event to do with ilum. so there is likely going to be some more PvP content released with a 1-2 months

You get more advance abilities that do more damage, you get more powerful heals, you get more CC's, there's a huge advantage you get being in your 40's over people in there 20's...

If your say 25 and you go up against someone who is 49 and geared up your going to die fast, now if the 49 still has green gear then ya you might have a chance.

hate to burst your bubble good fellow, but the devs have been chomping at the bit about an event to do with ilum. so there is likely going to be some more PvP content released with a 1-2 months

I hate to burst your bubble but Ilum will never make a comeback. The game engine cannot handle open world pvp.

With the terrible job the devs have done with the graphics and optimization of graphics in this game, there is no freaking way you can expect a big battle to happen in Ilum.

TBH I think once you get 20+ you are pretty much good to go as long as you know what you are doing. Most classes take off at that lvl when you can get the lvl 20 PVP gear and also your lvl 20 tree ability.

However I would really like the requirement to que for WZ's to be 14 for non preferred status characters with the lack of sprint and the people that decide to que as soon as they hit 10 with no AC.

you get sprint at level 1 now. Been that way for a while.

You can't compare a lvl 20 guardian with a lvl 40 one. The lowbie can't spec smash monkey, he cant spec anything much really. The high level one can run full spec smash on offense and go hybrid tank in huttball or on defense...

I hate to burst your bubble but Ilum will never make a comeback. The game engine cannot handle open world pvp.

With the terrible job the devs have done with the graphics and optimization of graphics in this game, there is no freaking way you can expect a big battle to happen in Ilum.

If they ever do anything with Ilum they will propably just convert it into a generic instanced 8 man WZ.