10-39 and 40-50 PvP Brackets

Sapphix

I thought they was going to separate the levels into two brackets, 10-39 and 40-50. I've read a few of the other posts and I agree that a 50 only bracket isn't a good solution - at least not right now.

Now level 49's are going to be slaughtering the lowbies and the level 50's aren't going to get much action.

dont know where you got the idea from that there would be 40-50 bracket.

patch notes on test allways said seperate lvl bracket.

having lvl49 players in warzones isnt as bad tbh, they arent geared in full pvp or high end pve-gear.

and lets face it, the phase where you get owned hard by lvl49 player(eq. lvl10-20) doesnt last that long. after that you have your full set of abilities so it aint that unbalanced.

You ***** and moan to get a 50's bracket, then you complain about something else.

As for 49's dominating. 49's are still leveling, i.e. they can't use the top level gear (Centurion and up) Their stats, with the possible exclusion of tanks are usually still around the same as any other players boosted stats.

the only advantage they have is their abilities.

It's the gear that made 50's dominate, not their level.

Yet as time goes on, the gear gets better for higher levels which means it gets bolstered a lot less, putting more weight on the higher levels to be able to use their abilities and stat stacking correctly. If they don't, they become more useless than the level 10.

I thought they was going to separate the levels into two brackets, 10-39 and 40-50. I've read a few of the other posts and I agree that a 50 only bracket isn't a good solution - at least not right now.

Now level 49's are going to be slaughtering the lowbies and the level 50's aren't going to get much action.

There is zero need for a 10-39 and a 40-49 bracket.

10-49 is fine. In fact it is great.

Thanks for the cool and informative replies. I can see what you are saying about the gear gap rather than the ability/level.

As for that one guy that got all uppity about it, I personally didn't itch and moan for anything. I had heard word of mouth that they was doing 40-50 because the lack of 50's on some servers at the moment, I was just curious if they changed it at the last moment.

Personally I didn't mind the 50's as long as both sides was fairly balanced with them. It was kinda like having a 'strong' NPC in there. Stick close to your 50 and help them kill the enemies' 50s.

Killing level 49 players is not that hard at lower levels, they don´t have above boosting level gear (or if they have its not by much) and don´t have their 50 abilities and even more important you very very rarely will find groups of lvl 49 players pvping together.

So having a lvl 50 only bracket pretty much is the correct thing to do seeing that the difference power wise between a lvl30 (boosted) and lvl 49 is considerably smaller then a lvl 49 and a fully geared lvl 50...

The way the bolster system works... lower levels will likely get a better bump then Most 40-49s. Purple gear at those lower levels is easier too come by... removing all the end game PvP gear from the bolster system... should allow it too work much more closely too the way it was intended to work. I don't think 1-49 will be a major issue.

Fresh 50's are going to have this same problem of getting dominated. What they need to do is add more PvP gear for lower levels that is significant enough.

False as you have 40-50 in level to build a good set of lvl 50 armor, whether it's by pvp, commendations or crafting.

As soon as I hit lvl 50 I'll have 3 pvp bags and mods coming out of my ar*e to regear the lvl 40 pvp armor I picked up and I'll be in a far better position at 50 to pvp then I am now at 47.

this. May never ding 50, the more balanced pvp will reside in 1-49. 50 will be a gear race.

Yeah I'm not really interested in taking my alts into the cool kids club either. It's more fun playing with friends regardless of level/gear.

• 2 weeks later...
There is zero need for a 10-39 and a 40-49 bracket.

10-49 is fine. In fact it is great.

bzzz wrong, sorry that is not the answer we were looking for.

I've waited a total of 19 hours for a pvp match on level 50. But it doesn't happen so I started a new character and got him to level 10 with the best armor i could find on the gtn.

I can't even get the level 40+ characters to half their hp before i am dead, even when my BH is fighting a consular one on one. The gap in armor and in abilities is too big... and in a lot of cases, lower level characters do not have any idea what they are doing. get a team of 40s vs a team of 12s and it is a slaughter. why are they in the same game? halo has it right with the way they do this on live, with the ranking system.

the answer we were looking is, "pvp brackets are quite necessary". 10-39, 40-50.

Edited by Heptakaideka

the answer we were looking is, "pvp brackets are quite necessary". 10-39, 40-50.

At least for now, I think you are right. Population on some servers are low and the 50's on those servers are not getting any games. I know a lot of servers don't have that problem and I should've choose a better server but it is what it is.

Perhaps they could implement a 40-50 queue and along with the bolster the <50s would get an expertise buff. Either that or they could put expertise on the >level 40 PvP gear. I'm thinking the buff would be more appropriate because this may not be something they want to continue doing.

Although there may not be a huge gear/ability desperation between a 10 and 49, there is a skill difference for some players.. but I'm not sure if 10-39 would make much of a difference.

To sum up, the biggest reason why I liked this idea is so that 50's on lower populations and off-timers could get more action.