What do we know about Jedi recruitment practices in SWTOR era?

SW_display_name

I know our Jedi characters begin already "Padawan" status and are just finishing up their final Trials on Tython (at least I know that's the Consular intro).

But do we know where younger Force-sensitives are trained at first? And where everyone is training before coming to Tython? Is it still the post-Ruusan formula of Youngling → Initiate → Master + Padawan → Trials → Knight?

I didn't pay a lot of attention with my first few characters because I was totally ignorant of SW lore, but I'm creating another Jedi and was hoping to take the backstory a little more seriously this time. Not sure what the pre-Tython experience would consist of in SWTOR era, though.

Edited by SW_display_name

I know our Jedi characters begin already "Padawan" status and are just finishing up their final Trials on Tython (at least I know that's the Consular intro).

But do we know where younger Force-sensitives are trained at first? And where everyone is training before coming to Tython? Is it still the post-Ruusan formula of Youngling → Initiate → Master + Padawan → Trials → Knight?

I didn't pay a lot of attention with my first few characters because I was totally ignorant of SW lore, but I'm creating another Jedi and was hoping to take the backstory a little more seriously this time. Not sure what the pre-Tython experience would consist of in SWTOR era, though.

While we do not see younglings on Tython, it can be presumed that a Player Character (PC), starts his/her training there (going through the Youngling and Initiate stages), then leaves with his/her master as a Padawan, then comes back to go through the trials to become a knight.

Details of the JK and JC tenure with order are deliberately vague.

For what is worth, the Jedi that first greets your on Tython as a JK, named Weller, does mention that the JK was an excellent pupil or learner. As a response, you have the opportunity to point out that it's easy to excel when you're trained by the best.

Can't remember if there's something similar for the JC but the progression you mentioned is pretty much the one I have come to stick, concerning the backstory for my characters.

While we do not see younglings on Tython, it can be presumed that a Player Character (PC), starts his/her training there (going through the Youngling and Initiate stages), then leaves with his/her master as a Padawan, then comes back to go through the trials to become a knight.

The flow of the dialogue kinda implies, IMHO, that the JK and JC were never in Tython before.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Details of the JK and JC tenure with order are deliberately vague.

For what is worth, the Jedi that first greets your on Tython as a JK, named Weller, does mention that the JK was an excellent pupil or learner. As a response, you have the opportunity to point out that it's easy to excel when you're trained by the best.

Can't remember if there's something similar for the JC but the progression you mentioned is pretty much the one I have come to stick, concerning the backstory for my characters.

The flow of the dialogue kinda implies, IMHO, that the JK and JC were never in Tython before.

Well with the consular they pointed out that "You could do at the age of 3 [i think it was that young] what a lot of the masters couldn't do when they got knighted"

Yeah that confuses me especially, it sounds like we've never been to Tython before and it's where you finish your Trials.

But then they mention training as a toddler (for Consular at least).

But the Jedi Temple is in ruins and all the Jedi moved to Tython.

Where are we training before Tython? :confused:

Well with the consular they pointed out that "You could do at the age of 3 [i think it was that young] what a lot of the masters couldn't do when they got knighted"

Master Yuon does point out that the JC was strong in the force but whether the data she provides is accurate or an estimate is anyone's guess.

With the JK though, it is mentioned that he or she had AT LEAST more than one master by the time the JK gets to Tython.

Where are we training before Tython? :confused:

That's up to you to come up with IMHO. ;)

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well... hm. I mean if we assume our character is like 16-18+ when the story starts (considering all the sex we're having throughout the plot let's assume that's a safe bet) then that means we were born pre-Treaty which means pre-Sacking which means maybe we did train at the Temple as a child, similar to the movies.

So then have we just been wandering the galaxy with our Master as a Padawan, and now it's time to finish up and take the test to see if we're qualified to be a full independent Jedi?

Actually that calls to mind the question of whether the Sacking of Coruscant also include a Revenge of the Sith-esque purging of the young Jedi training at the Temple...

TRAUMATIC MEMORIES :(

Well... hm. I mean if we assume our character is like 16-18+ when the story starts (considering all the sex we're having throughout the plot let's assume that's a safe bet) then that means we were born pre-Treaty which means pre-Sacking which means maybe we did train at the Temple as a child, similar to the movies.

So then have we just been wandering the galaxy with our Master as a Padawan, and now it's time to finish up and take the test to see if we're qualified to be a full independent Jedi?

Actually that calls to mind the question of whether the Sacking of Coruscant also include a Revenge of the Sith-esque purging of the young Jedi training at the Temple...

Concerning the Jedi Knight, I remember reading on his twitter account that Hall Hood, the lead writer for the JK story, made it deliberately vague concerning the age of the character but he always assumed around 18-20 years old I believe.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I had also assumed (or maybe I am remembering it wrong, thought it was mentioned in the Knight Storyline on Tython) that for the purposes of the Cold War, The Order relaxed on Age Restrictions for new trainees. Sort of a "either we teach them and do the best we can or the Sith will get them" philosophy.

Buuuuut I could be wrong.

I had also assumed (or maybe I am remembering it wrong, thought it was mentioned in the Knight Storyline on Tython) that for the purposes of the Cold War, The Order relaxed on Age Restrictions for new trainees. Sort of a "either we teach them and do the best we can or the Sith will get them" philosophy.

Buuuuut I could be wrong.

There was a side mission involving this for all jedi classes, and on top of that Kira was also accepted at an older age.