Vette and the Collar: On or Off Get Different Results/Quests?

beagle-san

Well if you free her isn't that going against a Sith Warriors principles. She is your slave you are above her in every since of the manner. Why should I release her from her bonds I am above her.

Now don't mix this with RL. Slavery is just plain wrong but in this role she is just a tool...

If you're insecure enough in your own power as a sith warrior that you need to constantly torment a helpless person to make yourself feel better, you're not much of a sith warrior.

A true warrior doesn't fear someone that they are "above in every way".

Yet apparently you still fear her enough to want to keep her collared...

Weakling. ;)

If you're insecure enough in your own power as a sith warrior that you need to constantly torment a helpless person to make yourself feel better, you're not much of a sith warrior.

A true warrior doesn't fear someone that they are "above in every way".

Yet apparently you still fear her enough to want to keep her collared...

Weakling. ;)

Alternately, my character's not afraid of her even slightly, but sees no reason to reward her with freedom she hasn't earned, and makes no efforts to gain beyond whining to my character.

Frankly, her existence on my character's ship makes no sense. Nobody on the ship likes her, she's become magically immune to electricity, and the existence of an airlock doesn't allow her to get properly spaced for repeat insubordination.

It's one thing if we were discussing a companion who's only occasionally against the grain, but can anyone see the archetypal Sith Warrior, Darth Vader, tolerating Vette in the slightest?

Alternately, my character's not afraid of her even slightly, but sees no reason to reward her with freedom she hasn't earned, and makes no efforts to gain beyond whining to my character.

Frankly, her existence on my character's ship makes no sense. Nobody on the ship likes her, she's become magically immune to electricity, and the existence of an airlock doesn't allow her to get properly spaced for repeat insubordination.

It's one thing if we were discussing a companion who's only occasionally against the grain, but can anyone see the archetypal Sith Warrior, Darth Vader, tolerating Vette in the slightest?

This is my exact feelings towards her. I really dislike Vette, and if I could roll a Sith Warrior without having her, I would. If she grovels enough, I'm happy to take the collar off and keep it off as long as the submission continues. But she doesn't grovel enough, she whines like a spoiled child, and I see no reason to reward bad behavior.

I don't keep her collared because I'm afraid of her. I keep her collared because it entertains me.

• 1 year later...

Also Alternatively, In history, with empires that owned slaves, the slaves aren't considered people, they are considered possessions, like a dog or a workhorse. Would you take the collar off your dog and let it go around doing as it pleases? Or let your cat pee all over your house cause it decided not to use the litter box?

This is my exact feelings towards her. I really dislike Vette, and if I could roll a Sith Warrior without having her, I would. If she grovels enough, I'm happy to take the collar off and keep it off as long as the submission continues. But she doesn't grovel enough, she whines like a spoiled child, and I see no reason to reward bad behavior.

I don't keep her collared because I'm afraid of her. I keep her collared because it entertains me.

Or you could just make your SW a Sith Pureblood and use the punish race ability everytime you are fed up with her, though, I haven't even bothered to give her gear since I got Jaesa on my marauder, Jaesa = only SW companion ever needed, Quinn can literally go die, I don't care about him. he does bugger all...

I just gave up and got Treek, haven't looked back. I hated Vette, almost as much as Mako. And on the empire side, Treek is quite the vicious little furball! And the other plus side, I can jam through conversations w/out worrying about about companion points or whatever they're called.

To be perfectly frank, I'd rather do this whole thing sans companion altogether, but Bioware made the characters too weak for that. I don't want to be a whirling dervish of power and destruction and oh, also, that other guy or girl was there.

As a dark sided sith it doesn't make much sense to me why a sith warrior would put up with Vette. I'm pretty sure my character would murder her after she opens that tomb at the beginning of the storyline.

There are varying levels of Darkside.

There is the complete sociopath that every has convinced themselves is the only thing a dark side sith would do. Then there's a less childish darkness.

Vette is a money grubbing little sneak thief. Pointless killing isn't her thing, but she's not a pure spirit.

Without Going into the amorality of slavery, and torture. I will point out that when the collar is removed the warrior does state that "this isnt freedom". The shock collar is a very poor tool to use with Vette. At no point is ever really helpful to shock her. To look at it another way does a sith warrior really need a shock collar to control one slave? Can you expect that slave to ever respect or fear you if you show that kind of fear and weakness?

To be honest I think it was brave of bioware to include a companion that starts as your slave, and can become a love interest. It is certainly something that a lot of people would find uncomfortable if handled poorly. It presents an interesting and different romance, and if you are the type of person that doesn't want to remove the collar well then there is Jaesa to corrupt and turn to the dark side.

• 2 weeks later...

What I find interesting is that she still shows up with the collar outside conversations even though I removed it right away at the first available companion conversation (Light Side play with Romance Option).

Is this some glitch or is the collar just a part of her character look that it can't be removed?

• 2 weeks later...
A little off the conversation, but related, I've noticed that even though I took off her collar at the beginning, many of the cut scenes through the 20's and 30's still show her with the collar on her neck.

Anyone else notice this?

That's only on her default skin, though they (BW) really should have fixed this by now. If you use one of the alternative skins, it's gone for good.

I don't know if the custom skins retains her collar if you still want to keep it on her though.

Edited by Ridickilis

• 2 weeks later...
Because it is. If you don't take the collar off, you simply do not deserve the rest of her story. Learn to live with it. Your character isn't the one who is the sadist, it is YOU the player who is.

The masochist says "beat me beat me!!"

The sadist says "Nooooo....."

This thread is a bit off topic now from the opening post but

I'd venture a guess that the options are all slated as they are because they want to mirror the story of Darth Malgus with the warrior story line. If you've read the Malgus book (Deceived) it's pretty obvious that the sith warrior and vette are mirrored to malgus / Eleena Daru (his slave) [also seen with him in the deceived trailer on the game, she is also twilek]

Edited by leegrisham

• 6 years later...
Because it is. If you don't take the collar off, you simply do not deserve the rest of her story. Learn to live with it. Your character isn't the one who is the sadist, it is YOU the player who is.

God. No, the player isn't a sadist, it's the character that i roleplay who is, it's quite different. I have two warriors actually, a light one that i will marry Vette with, and a complete ******e who will remove her the collar at the very last time just to be able to avance in her storyline and make her miserable in other ways. But yeah, having a slave story part would have been nice, but like someone pointed it out, Bioware just forces you to go the way they wanted for this partner. But, well the game is written well enough for me to accept that.

Edited by Skankswtor

Bioware just forces you

No, they don't. BioWare doesn't have a staff of large square(1) goons with baseball bats and Uzis that they send round to menace us until we do it.

Of course we can't get the cheeves for completing the story if we don't take off the collar, but you only have to do that once, and all subsequent Warriors that you create can leave her with it, or even just plain never talk to her at all.

(1) As wide as they are tall. That kind of square goon, although they probably aren't very hip.