Pve / pvp / rp

Darth_Melf

So I was wondering, what is the difference between PVP and PVE servers ? More specifically ... does PVE mean that there is NO PVP at all or that there is only concensual PVP ?

If I enjoy PVP AND PVE but only like to do PVP when I feel like it , like at times when the mood is right, will I be able to do that in a server that is PVE or RP also ?

My apologies if these are silly questions.

kind regards, Melf

Edited by Darth_Melf

So I was wondering, what is the difference between PVP and PVE servers ? More specifically ... does PVE mean that there is NO PVP at all or that there is only concensual PVP ?

If I enjoy PVP AND PVE but only like to do PVP when I feel like it , like at times when the mood is right, will I be able to do that in a server that is PVE or RP also ?

My apologies if this is silly questions.

kind regards, Melf

PVP server: Characters are allways PVP flagged and usually you can be attacked at any time anywhere (well, except in instances ofc)

PVE: You have to enter a PVP flagged zone, enter enemie territory/ capital, enter a warzone or flag yourself as PVP in able to PVP. for the rest you are safe to quest, gather, loiter, etc.

RP Servers: Rpíng mandatory during PVE/ PVP

RP Servers: Rpíng mandatory during PVE/ PVP

lol..

RP Servers aren't mandatory RP anything. But you will get players that enjoy creating a character and being that character while they play, it always carries into a wide array of things and such.

As far as PVP servers go vs. PVE servers.

On a PvP server if you are happen to be on a planet that is not specifically sanctioned for a certain faction you will have the chance of encountering players from the opposite side you are playing on and you will be able to attack them and they attack you. You also have the same type of Warzones/area's that are intentionally designed for PvP also.

On a PvE server if you are on a planet that is not specifically sanctioned for a certain faction you cannot be attacked by another play without "flagging" yourself or turning on your pvp status, as well as you cannot attack an opposing faction player unless they have turned on their pvp status.

As far as places that are specifically designed in game as a PVP area yes going into those places even on PVE server will cause you to become flagged for PVP.

I do not know if this means Illium is like that or not though.

My apologies if these are silly questions.

kind regards, Melf

PvE = PvP only in PvP zones (that is battlegrounds and maybe a few PvP areas) and need to Flag for PvP out side of PvP zones.

PvP= PvP Flag is always on and therefore outside of safe zones (Homeworlds, instances etc) you need to be on your guard.

RP= Roleplay Server here you expected to obey the RP rules of conduct.

lol..

RP Servers aren't mandatory RP anything. But you will get players that enjoy creating a character and being that character while they play, it always carries into a wide array of things and such.

It's better to state that is mandatory for obvious reasons....