Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Lethality Operative / Ruffian Scoundrel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Class Changes: Lethality Operative / Ruffian Scoundrel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lundorff
08.07.2017 , 01:31 PM | #21
Devs in this thread be like:" Oy mates, dem player sais we aint nerf'em enough. Let's double it ey!"

Lupolus
08.07.2017 , 01:35 PM | #22
At first glance it seems not all that bad. The initial damage goes up, the more important bleeding/poison damage goes down. So, for low-levels, say level 10-40, I would expect this spec will do a lot better. People saying Ruffian/Lethality is bad and quit at level 20, willl now think twice. Thanks! This spec needed that.
I think the 10 energy on Sanguinary Shot will not be that big of a deal. So the spec is less for elitists, more friendly for low-levels, more friendly for those who do not play the spec perfect.

Still of course there's a lot of "if you do X then Y will do Z" stuff. So still not trivial, which I like. Yes, its still learn-to-play.
Now we wait for the Scrapper/Concealment-spec...

killatroll
08.07.2017 , 01:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lupolus View Post
At first glance it seems not all that bad. The initial damage goes up, the more important bleeding/poison damage goes down. So, for low-levels, say level 10-40, I would expect this spec will do a lot better. People saying Ruffian/Lethality is bad and quit at level 20, willl now think twice. Thanks! This spec needed that.
I think the 10 energy on Sanguinary Shot will not be that big of a deal. So the spec is less for elitists, more friendly for low-levels, more friendly for those who do not play the spec perfect.

Still of course there's a lot of "if you do X then Y will do Z" stuff. So still not trivial, which I like. Yes, its still learn-to-play.
Now we wait for the Scrapper/Concealment-spec...
I am going to go ahead and say making Sanguinary shot/Toxic blast cost energy is going to make it more elitist as you have to deal with energy management now instead of not really before hand. The initial damage may help those who aren't experts or very familiar with the spec but overall, its going to be more difficult to parse on bosses/dummies.

memerobot
08.07.2017 , 01:59 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
So CA was like 45% Weapon damage + 40% additional tech damage +15% Toxic Blast damage
Take the remaining 45% and add the 14% "damage increase" and we're at 51% of its original damage.
Two extra ticks of poison damage are around 30% so we're back at 81%

The question is now whether those extra poison ticks trigger toxic blast. If they do, we still get 10% of the TB damage and are at 91% of the original damage. Corrosive Assault is about 45% of Lethality's damage. so it's about a 4-5% dps loss in total.

If the extra poison ticks don't trigger toxic blast it's a 8-9% dps loss, but by basically taking TB out of the rotation, it becomes much easier to switch targets, and in PVP much harder for an opponent to cleanse at the right time. Might actually be worth it outside of dummy parsing.

I am more worried about the rotation. Hopefully it doesn't go negative impact. 10 energy seems little but it might just hit the rotation heavily since you'll be spamming TB in a rather short amount of time.

Feddot
08.07.2017 , 01:59 PM | #25
Class Changes? Lol. Easier target swap? No. Better dot spread? No. Less then four CDs to start doing damage? No. Overall quality of life improvments? NO. Let's just nerf damage and call it "Class Changes". I do not understand, why they want to keep Toxic Blast after this changes, it has no synergy with Cull anymore, just give us another weak dot to spam.
And what about PvP? Look, everybody plays lethality in pvp! Well, nope. And now this spec will be even less popular.
If you nerf spec, then give something in return. But who cares. As always.

memerobot
08.07.2017 , 02:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by killatroll View Post
I am going to go ahead and say making Sanguinary shot/Toxic blast cost energy is going to make it more elitist as you have to deal with energy management now instead of not really before hand. The initial damage may help those who aren't experts or very familiar with the spec but overall, its going to be more difficult to parse on bosses/dummies.
I think it is going negative, like AP PT. Ever so slowly.

AdjeYo
08.07.2017 , 02:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Feddot View Post
Class Changes? Lol. Easier target swap? No. Better dot spread? No. Less then four CDs to start doing damage? No. Overall quality of life improvments? NO. Let's just nerf damage and call it "Class Changes". I do not understand, why they want to keep Toxic Blast after this changes, it has no synergy with Cull anymore, just give us another weak dot to spam.
And what about PvP? Look, everybody plays lethality in pvp! Well, nope. And now this spec will be even less popular.
Corrisve Assault still procs dots, which in likelihood will still proc from Toxic Blast, so there's still synergy there. As for nerfing its damage, it makes sense, Lethality was parsing waay over any other spec.

shyroman
08.07.2017 , 02:07 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Feddot View Post
Obviously isn't because it was several hundred dps ahead of every other class in pve, which is exactly what these changes address, its way too high sustained damage.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Rion_Starkiller
08.07.2017 , 02:08 PM | #29
It probably will go negative, but one of the ways to mitigate that is to DoT adds or 2nd boss because your DoT crits build energy.
-Beruhl / Pewgilist
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

masterceil
08.07.2017 , 02:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
It probably will go negative, but one of the ways to mitigate that is to DoT adds or 2nd boss because your DoT crits build energy.
Not gonna help if there's just the one boss to hit. Anyone mathed it up yet to see if a 1:1 replacement of Quick Shot with Flurry of Bolts is enough to off-set the loss of energy on Sanguinary Shot? Still at work, I can't deep dive the changes : (
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com