Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

MandoMetal
08.14.2019 , 03:14 PM | #21
For the most part I am of the opinion of just letting the insults flow in ranked, just about anything is tolerated in the verbal/written regard. Its supposed to be at least a somewhat competitive environment where tensions are allowed to rise. There are in theory no victims and only volunteers.

Words can surely hurt, but if you shield yourself constantly from hurtful words you tend to just make yourself more susceptible to them in the long run. Sometimes insults thrown at you are just harsh truths, which in that case perhaps consider what is being said.

The only thing I ever found intolerable about the ranked community is how some tended to get triggered to the extent that they would DOX or DDOS... although that era is seemingly in the past. Having your home office DDOSed for a day for just being better at the game or unlikable/hated for whatever reason is fun stuff
- All-Galaxy Roleplayer

"I may be hetero bud... but I'll blast you with so much KappaPride, it'll make ur gendr spin"

JediMasterAlex
08.14.2019 , 03:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
And, btw, according to my "friends" list, his/her name doesn't rhyme with katana anymore. It now rhymes with Tuna I guess?
Yeah, he changes his name every now and then. Always confused me why some people do that.

Quote: Originally Posted by MandoMetal View Post
Words can surely hurt, but if you shield yourself constantly from hurtful words you tend to just make yourself more susceptible to them in the long run. Sometimes insults thrown at you are just harsh truths, which in that case perhaps consider what is being said.
True.

DzastinBiberi
08.14.2019 , 06:14 PM | #23
PVP in general is toxic, the difference in SR is that you have all these "self proclaimed best ever" kids.
When the match is lost, there's always one kid who will point the finger at someone and blame that person for losing the match/elo.

With experienced ppl and players, doing SR or TR, there isn't much or at all, curse words and what not.
I've been in pretty chilled TR teams in S9, even random one's with random ppl that I've never played before.

SR on the other hand, as dps I had good exp, sure, someone will always get blamed and cursed for this and that and 90% of the time, the cursing is done by some kid who got mom slapped earlier in the day, so he goes online and trying to bullie ppl, 'cause his pee pee in RL is non existant and he prolly gets slaped by everyone.

I just laugh tbh when I beat someone in WZ and get a whispered insult. I don't even block them, I just ignore them, letting them know that they don't even exist in my universe.

That pisses them off the most.

alasamaya
08.14.2019 , 06:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
1.) Competitive gameplay isn't an excuse for people being toxic aholes.

2.) Saying you think bioware shouldn't have any say on how they deal with its toxic players is just pure insanity. They have every right to filter out the people who are unproductive and filtering those people out is not censoring.

3.)Saying he's selfish for wanting a competitive environment that has actual sportsmanship is one of the reasons why new players wont venture into ranked. Ya'll are part of the problem by pretending toxicity is no big deal and just "trash talk", yet most so called trash talking is just straight up attacking. Telling someone not to queue because "reasons" and then getting mad that ranked queue is dead is the most hilarious and the most sad thing I've ever watched in this community.

4.) Free speech protects you from government prosecution. It doesn't protect you from the consequences of being a total jerk within the private sector, nor should it.
I did sports my whole life (even now) and, honestly, they always taught as sportmanship -You are competing with yourself, not others- so I try to apply that on my life in general, no exceptions. Sometimes we are all triggered with some guy who gets globalled or mat farmers, but I agree: the level of toxicity is really insane. What I do is imagine fat nerds angry cause they lose and I laugh.
Im Kim-Yoo-Suk You can watch me being globalled as any class in 3 seconds here: http://www.twitch.tv/kimy1984.
Click my referal link http://www.swtor.com/r/g2KsY6 and you can get 7 days as a suscriber.

GeneralSeni
08.14.2019 , 07:31 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Dowillia View Post
Satele Shan Server

I play PVP all the time in the Unranked Warzones and I consider myself not to bad. I am not the best but neither am I the worse player so before you say anything and attempt to blame me for lousy playing like this forum usually does, instead of using constructive criticism, keep that in mind. In addition, the gear excuse does not cut it either because I am fully geared with the highest rating including augments. And Yes I do know what I am doing. Every single time I have gone into Ranked Warzone it has been extremely unpleasant due to negative bullying behavior of other players. If they are not swearing at you with a constant stream of curse words and other forms of abusive words, then they are blaming you for some other absurd reason. Even if the team I am on wins. If It is not happening to me on the team then it is happening to another member on the same team. Either way, you can't win.

Strangely enough, I am finding most of the players who are in Ranked are also Imperial Players. Definitely outnumbered. There are always more imperials than pubs fighting in Ranked Warzone. I do not have a problem with that but I do not appreciate the Toxic Bullying and Abusive Behaviour that is too often displayed in Ranked Warzone. This is very discouraging to see that it is allowed to go on and I can see why people get turned off from even trying it after the initial experience. The devs really need to do something about this because it is absolutely ridiculous. It is online bullying and its nasty and its abusive. In the meantime, I shall continue to report this behavior whenever I am in Ranked Warzone because that is about all I can do atm. People are in this game to have fun, they are not in this game to get bullied and abused by other players who have too big of an ego and ruin it for everyone else!

Keep in mind I have not checked back into Ranked Warzone since about mid July, because it has been so disgusting and also since Mike Bradley July PVP Report which actually indicated there were some other abuses going on as well that resulted in suspension of accounts, no surprise there, maybe things have changed since then, but I am highly doubting it. Nuff Said.
Sadly friend as much as it sucks unless they are deliberately targeting you and harrassing you even after the Ranked instances is finished then no sadly there is not much you can do about it as Freedom of speech even online is somewhat still a big thing. My best option for you would to just turn off chat or ignore that individual as this is what those functions are for. Unless it clearly violates the terms of agreement with SWTOR otherwise not much can be done.

TrixxieTriss
08.14.2019 , 08:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I think the rules of conduct might have been updated since I read them last. There is a lot more in them now and they are more detailed with less ambiguity on some topics.

TrixxieTriss
08.14.2019 , 08:14 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Yeah, he changes his name every now and then. Always confused me why some people do that.
They give themselves a bad rep from being a douche and change it. But they stupidly don’t realise that if you’ve got them on a friends list you still know who they are.

Or

The name gets reported as breaking the rules and they get a forced change.

TrixxieTriss
08.14.2019 , 08:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by GeneralSeni View Post
Sadly friend as much as it sucks unless they are deliberately targeting you and harrassing you even after the Ranked instances is finished then no sadly there is not much you can do about it as Freedom of speech even online is somewhat still a big thing. My best option for you would to just turn off chat or ignore that individual as this is what those functions are for. Unless it clearly violates the terms of agreement with SWTOR otherwise not much can be done.
Actually if they are going that far to harass them, then they can be reported and will be punished by Bioware.

JediMasterAlex
08.14.2019 , 08:56 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by alasamaya View Post
I did sports my whole life (even now) and, honestly, they always taught as sportmanship -You are competing with yourself, not others- so I try to apply that on my life in general, no exceptions. Sometimes we are all triggered with some guy who gets globalled or mat farmers, but I agree: the level of toxicity is really insane. What I do is imagine fat nerds angry cause they lose and I laugh.
I see you flag people and talk **** all the time dude lol

TrixxieTriss
08.14.2019 , 08:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
I see you flag people and talk **** all the time dude lol
People flagging my own team twists my nips. It’s usually an instant leave for me in regs or ranked.