Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone leaving needs a time penalty

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzone leaving needs a time penalty

Monterone
08.11.2019 , 08:36 PM | #21
If the rewards were IDENTICAL for winning or losing, I would agree with the OP. Otherwise, I will choose whatever method nets me better rewards or more experience for time invested. If grouping with a bunch of random bads for another 14 minutes ain't it... guess what?

But, if the rewards are the same, win or lose... then there is no excuse.
Pelvic Sorcery . Chonies . Flux Capacitor
Star Forge

Seterade
08.11.2019 , 09:11 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Alericus View Post
agreed but I have some suggestions. Perhaps for lvl 70 even for regs we need some rules min gear rating and losses mean ZERO Medals and matches end immediately if team left short and neither side gets credit for match, at least recognize the people leaving maybe leaving due to frustration or to help the other team so remove that incentive at all. This issue is all about medals and thats primarily why people dont care about objectives. One possiblity is the time penalty start after the gates are down so players do get a chance to review names and ratings and if it looks bad.which it often is they can still leave. Finally, a time penalty will just result in players not trying at all so really I have no idea what it achieves except for satisfying the win trading medal hunters anyways.
considering you go into solo ranked and do 600 dps on tnk hl matchs to acid? I wonder why people dont try. its a mystery.

foxmob
08.11.2019 , 09:19 PM | #23
regs are hopeless.

queue solo ranked. flood the queue and the elo will actually begin to work for team comps. they might have to adjust the way they make matches so it's like it was in the early days so you don't get 900 mixed with 1600. but that's the only solution I see. objective maps are borked if good players play them. and they're borked by at least half the ppl in them (simply not playing to win or not knowing how).

or don't. w/e.

but gl getting that deserter buff. that isn't gonna happen. and if it does, so be it. your pops will be one every 30 minutes. not my problem. I'll be in solo queue where at least the matches are usually somewhat balanced.
Krack

TrixxieTriss
08.11.2019 , 09:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
regs are hopeless.

queue solo ranked. flood the queue and the elo will actually begin to work for team comps. they might have to adjust the way they make matches so it's like it was in the early days so you don't get 900 mixed with 1600. but that's the only solution I see. objective maps are borked if good players play them. and they're borked by at least half the ppl in them (simply not playing to win or not knowing how).

or don't. w/e.

but gl getting that deserter buff. that isn't gonna happen. and if it does, so be it. your pops will be one every 30 minutes. not my problem. I'll be in solo queue where at least the matches are usually somewhat balanced.
This last week’s conquest for total kill achievement in pvp has made regs even worse (if that’s possible). I popped 17 matches and left 12 during that time because no body on my team or the other was trying. It didn’t help that 5 or those were all Vandin HB’s in a row. I tried to stay for 3 of them, but ended up leaving 40 secs into each match.

The only really good match’s I had was the first and the last pop.

The first was Void Star and we defended first. None of my team chased the other even though they baited us to try. Once people reached a certain point they turned back to the doors and LoSed the ranged. We were also switching sides to cover without being asked. Unfortunately a sneaky stealth got the first door, but we held them up at the bridge.
The second round we made them over extend fast on the first doors and got across the bridge. But then it was a tough fight at the second doors because they were a premade. Eventually we got the door with 35 seconds to go. My whole team had over 15 medals each and I had 21 medals.

The last match was Yavin and nobody chased, both teams used more advanced tactics and strategy to try and win (instead of brute force. Just about everyone on both teams did over 2-3 mil dps and we only had 1 healer each, so most us all died at least once. It was probably the most balanced teams I’ve seen in two years.
We ended up losing, but only just and everyone agreed it was an awesome match. Everyone got a vote on both teams and everyone had over 1500+ objective points and there were lots of gold medals.

Both those matches is how I remember pvp used to be played and it’s whats been missing from this game. But I had to pop and leave 12 matches and stay for another 3 meh matches to get 2 good pvp matches.

GeneralSeni
08.14.2019 , 07:34 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Joaina View Post
I am recently playing on Darth Malgus and sad to say that leaving is a common thing on this Server.
A bad deployment and in the first 60 Seconds someone starts a "Leave Parade" that keeps going until the Round is over. Sometimes stronger players join and the Team turn the cards, but mostly its a continous come and go.

@DEV Team
Warzone leavers should earn a Time Penalty that stacks for each leave until a 24h ban from pvp.

I know sometimes you just gotta go because of whatever. But continous leaving should be punished.

https://imgur.com/a/kq992EI
There used to be a time penalty for 15min a long time ago when players left PVP instances but they removed it for a reason.

TrixxieTriss
08.14.2019 , 08:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by GeneralSeni View Post
There used to be a time penalty for 15min a long time ago when players left PVP instances but they removed it for a reason.
I believe you might be misremembering. I’ve never seen a 15min time penalty in this game and I’ve been pvping since day one.

Aeneas_Falco
08.30.2019 , 12:58 AM | #27
I can understand the frustration. Some games do get plagued by premature leaving, and that can be frustrating if the match was still winnable. An example would be a Voidstar where the teams are relatively balanced but people start dropping the moment the first door gets capped, leaving the rest of the team to try and prevent caps at the next stages while short 2 or 3 players who haven't been replaced by backfills yet.

We've also been part of matches that got off to a poor start and turned around, or were turned around after you backfilled. People absolutely do often quit way too soon in this game.

That said I don't think there should be a penalty for dropping. There are too many legitimate reasons for leaving a warzone match and an automated system isn't going to be able to tell the difference. I can't fault people who leave when they're against a team with 2 or 3 healers and none of their own, Huttball matches where their team just running numbers at mid and letting the other team score (Vandin is particularly bad for that), match types they just don't want to play (there is no match select option, so quitting is their only option), or they're just grouped with idiots who are turning Ops Chat into an open sewer. Add to that RL things that come up, connection problems, people who accidentally queue without their full gear set and don't realize until the match starts, ect, ect.

Also...any sort of drop penalty would just create more problems than the one you seek to solve. All those people who would have dropped before will now just go AFK somewhere. That is worse. At least with drops you might get a few timely backfills who are better than the people they're replacing.

The only changes that need to be implemented in regards to drops is that in an all DPS arena drops shouldn't be replaced by a tank or healer, and backfills shouldn't be loaded in to matches that are in the final stretch. While the latter isn't bad if you're just looking to knock out your daily or weekly, it can screw over preferred players who aren't premading. Once while I was preferred I backfilled into four matches in a row that that were about 1:00 from finishing.

Maybe the best solution would be to not have backfilling count against the 5 warzones per character, per week that preferred players are allowed. Subs who wouldn't want to lose the quick daily completion would still get that.