Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Warzone leaving needs a time penalty

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzone leaving needs a time penalty

Joaina's Avatar


Joaina
08.03.2019 , 09:21 AM | #1
I am recently playing on Darth Malgus and sad to say that leaving is a common thing on this Server.
A bad deployment and in the first 60 Seconds someone starts a "Leave Parade" that keeps going until the Round is over. Sometimes stronger players join and the Team turn the cards, but mostly its a continous come and go.

@DEV Team
Warzone leavers should earn a Time Penalty that stacks for each leave until a 24h ban from pvp.

I know sometimes you just gotta go because of whatever. But continous leaving should be punished.

https://imgur.com/a/kq992EI

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
08.03.2019 , 09:31 AM | #2
hell no. why?
  • we cannot select or blacklist the warzones
  • we have no control over our team composition, meaning we have to sit there while half the team ignores the objectives.
losing is one thing. the above issues are quite another.
Krack

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
08.03.2019 , 09:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Joaina View Post
I am recently playing on Darth Malgus and sad to say that leaving is a common thing on this Server.
A bad deployment and in the first 60 Seconds someone starts a "Leave Parade" that keeps going until the Round is over. Sometimes stronger players join and the Team turn the cards, but mostly its a continous come and go.

@DEV Team
Warzone leavers should earn a Time Penalty that stacks for each leave until a 24h ban from pvp.

I know sometimes you just gotta go because of whatever. But continous leaving should be punished.

https://imgur.com/a/kq992EI
No we don't need anything...

I don't like Hutball and I will leave every Hutball map I get and I get a lot...

Also, I don't like playing with bads so I will leave immediately if I see my team unable to do basic things on a map like guarding or answering calls.

Joaina's Avatar


Joaina
08.03.2019 , 10:28 AM | #4
leaving within the timer before the round starts is okay. And sooner or later you know the guilds and players who dont do the basic stuff, so you can leave before the rounds starts. i am talking about players who leave when round is active or even in late game state..

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
08.03.2019 , 10:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Joaina View Post
leaving within the timer before the round starts is okay. And sooner or later you know the guilds and players who dont do the basic stuff, so you can leave before the rounds starts. i am talking about players who leave when round is active or even in late game state..
and when I get backfilled in to the game because someone else leaves early, should I sit there and suffer through someone else's mess?

I'm not entirely against your proposal, but there are numerous issues you'd need to address before it becomes reasonable.
Krack

Visorknight's Avatar


Visorknight
08.03.2019 , 10:55 AM | #6
Yes, warzone leaving is very disruptive mid match. Maybe a 30mins Account Wide deserter debuff will be appropriate for leavers mid match.

Aetideus's Avatar


Aetideus
08.03.2019 , 11:26 AM | #7
No, I leave every time HB pops, it will be very inconvenient.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
08.03.2019 , 02:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
No we don't need anything...

I don't like Hutball and I will leave every Hutball map I get and I get a lot...

Also, I don't like playing with bads so I will leave immediately if I see my team unable to do basic things on a map like guarding or answering calls.
All the more reason we should have lockouts.

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
08.03.2019 , 04:13 PM | #9
give us map choice and working ignore list for pvp and I will vote yes for this penalty. otherwise, no.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
08.03.2019 , 04:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
give us map choice and working ignore list for pvp and I will vote yes for this penalty. otherwise, no.
That's not a good reason to not have a penalty for leavers.