Any other Reps having unusual trouble in PVP this week?

earthtoearl

NOTE: I am a average player, but not a noob. Also I am not trying to rage or troll.

I can only speculate the cause of this issue but....

This week has been extra tough for Reps in Harbringer server, at least for me and friends I have played with and talked to. I am talking about players with good valor ranks, 60 to 80+.

The 1st week of the transfer pvp seemed pretty balanced. Since the patch this week it seems the Imps got some crazy buffs. Its not just one particular class but definately those with heals and force lightning. For my lvl 30 trooper I noticed a Sith with Lightning that outranged me. In the Star Wars lore, force lightning has never been a long range attack, medium at most. Also the lightning seems to last longer and do more damage then it seemed in the past. OFCOURSE imp players will not complain and even defend it. But in match after match with different team makeups something seems out of balance. I normally love PVP but I am about to stop untill this is at least looked at. If other Reps havn't had this problem then good, but I know I am not the only one.

My only question is might this be fixed with 1.3 and Ranked War Zones?

EDIT: photos added

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7023/screenshotexample1a.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7012/screenshotexample1b.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7982/screenshotexample2.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4444/screenshotexample3.jpg

Edited by earthtoearl

Wow, cry more? What happened was the old Imperial players on your server clearly SUCKED at PVP and when transfers opened, GOOD PVPers transferred over. We didn't get ANY buffs, in any patch, at any time.

So, to summarize it for you:

1. You THOUGHT you were good at PVP

2. You were proven incorrect

3. Work on your PVP 'skills'

Some days Imperials destroy Republic, other days the roles switch. That's life.

P.S.

Any individual's Valor Rank, in no way, determines a players PVP ability. If you thought this, you were incorrect. I see dozens of players everyday with 70+ Valor who are horrendous in PVP.

Edited by djrtykow

Wow, cry more? What happened was the old Imperial players on your server clearly SUCKED at PVP and when transfers opened, GOOD PVPers transferred over. We didn't get ANY buffs, in any patch, at any time.

Why do you comment without reading? Or you just don't get it. As expected you defend it. The game has been proven on many occastions to be out of balance. Why else do they keep buffing and debuffing powers to make it more balanced. If when a player sees a REAL imbalance why are they attacked and told to "improve" PVP skills. As I stated it is with a lot of Rep players.

Edited by earthtoearl

Currently in the live game there are a couple bugs which favor the Sith in PVP. There are no known bugs that favor the Republic in PVP.

There is the issue with Project vs Shock for example.

There is an issue with the Scoundrel's dirty kick vs the Operative's mirror ability. (The Scoundrel has to stop, the Operative does not.)

There are a number of other issues.

Mechanically the game does slightly favor the Sith. That is simply a fact. It isn't a large bonus and usually it can be mitigated by skill but all things being equal the Sith have the advantage. It has been this way since launch.

Currently in the live game there are a couple bugs which favor the Sith in PVP. There are no known bugs that favor the Republic in PVP.

There is an issue with the Scoundrel's dirty kick vs the Operative's mirror ability. (The Scoundrel has to stop, the Operative does not.)

Mechanically the game does slightly favor the Sith. That is simply a fact. It isn't a large bonus and usually it can be mitigated by skill but all things being equal the Sith have the advantage. It has been this way since launch.

Incorrect. I have a character on both factions and I do NOT have to stop to Dirty kick on my Scoundrel. Bad information. Not a good idea to post misleading information on the forums.

Incorrect. I have a character on both factions and I do NOT have to stop to Dirty kick on my Scoundrel. Bad information. Not a good idea to post misleading information on the forums.

It isn't any misleading information, unless they changed it this has been a confirmed bug for months by BioWare.

Oops, no I take that back. That bug actually was fixed in 1.2. Had to go back and look.

Edited by ProfessorWalsh

I was just saying that somethinig seems out of wack the last few days. And its not coming from just me.

There is still plenty of other stuff to do in the game. I just normaly like pvp a lot more and don't need to win all the time to have fun.

BTW: pvp for under lvl 50 seems pretty good.

The fact, not the 'opinion' is that the sides, as far as SAME class are equal. A commando isn't more OP than a mercenary. A sorcerer isn't more OP than a sage. That isn't the way the game was designed and it isn't the way it is played. Do each of the classes have their own balance issues? Yes, but that's the same for both sides. Not just one in particular. A sorcerer beating a sage in PVP, with the same gear, is a skill-based reaction. Not a mechanic based one.

Not to remove the idea that an undergeared player can still beat a better gear played. As I recently watched a Juggernaut, with 12k HP and no recruit gear, hold off 2 Guardians in a PVP match while he waited for back up.

Is it because the Juggernaut is more OP than a Guardian? No. It's because the Juggernaut exactly knew how to play and time skills to keep himself alive long enough to be the victor. That's the way PVP works in this game.

The fact, not the 'opinion' is that the sides, as far as SAME class are equal. A commando isn't more OP than a mercenary. A sorcerer isn't more OP than a sage. That isn't the way the game was designed and it isn't the way it is played. Do each of the classes have their own balance issues? Yes, but that's the same for both sides. Not just one in particular. A sorcerer beating a sage in PVP, with the same gear, is a skill-based reaction. Not a mechanic based one.

Not to remove the idea that an undergeared player can still beat a better gear played. As I recently watched a Juggernaut, with 12k HP and no recruit gear, hold off 2 Guardians in a PVP match while he waited for back up.

Is it because the Juggernaut is more OP than a Guardian? No. It's because the Juggernaut exactly knew how to play and time skills to keep himself alive long enough to be the victor. That's the way PVP works in this game.

That isn't true. There are some issues with the class mirrors. They apparently did fix the Smuggler dirty kick in 1.2 but there is still the fact that the Sorc's Shock is instant and the Sage's Project isn't. There are a few other imbalances, sometimes timer based, that kick in as well.

The Empire has always mechanically had the advantage over the Republic though it is, in most cases, minor but not in all cases.

The fact, not the 'opinion' is that the sides, as far as SAME class are equal.

There are some tiny differences that while not gamebreaking do make the difference when things really get down to it. I have a guardian and a jugg@50. The animation delay on bladestorm (when you wave your saber around stupidly) adds a fraction onto my chain and prevents the same flow my jugg gets by having scream come out instantly.

Also (now this is opinion) i have never been able to catch a leaping target to me with stasis as consistently as i can with choke (you can actually react to the leap and catch them mid-air with choke), so i think choke also activates a fraction faster than stasis.

Anyway, back to the OP- no, Imps did not get buffed, you just got better Imps!

Edited by AKfourtyseven

There are some tiny differences that while not gamebreaking do make the difference when things really get down to it. I have a guardian and a jugg@50. The animation delay on bladestorm (when you wave your saber around stupidly) adds a fraction onto my chain and prevents the same flow my jugg gets by having scream come out instantly.

Also (now this is opinion) i have never been able to catch a leaping target to me with stasis as consistently as i can with choke (you can actually react to the leap and catch them mid-air with choke), so i think choke also activates a fraction faster than stasis.

Anyway, back to the OP- no, Imps did not get buffed, you just got better Imps!

Yeah choke is a smidgeon faster... Though I'd say by less than a quarter of a second. Also yes Force Scream is considerably faster than Blade Rush and scream doesn't suffer from animation stutter.

people have a bad spell and decide the other side must be OP. its just plain ignorance tbh. any inconsistantcies between the the 2 factions have almost been completely removed from the game, those that still exist are minor.

i have level 50's from both factions. i win and lose just as many on both sides.

you win some you lose some. you have good spells and bad spells. live with it. dont come crying when you lose 3 games in a row, its slightly pathetic.

NOTE: I am a average player, but not a noob. Also I am not trying to rage or troll.

This week has been extra tough for Reps in Harbringer server, at least for me and friends I have played with and talked to. I am talking about players with good valor ranks, 60 to 80+.

The 1st week of the transfer pvp seemed pretty balanced. Since the patch this week it seems the Imps got some crazy buffs. Its not just one particular class but definately those with heals and force lightning. For my lvl 30 trooper I noticed a Sith with Lightning that outranged me. In the Star Wars lore, force lightning has never been a long range attack, medium at most. Also the lightning seems to last longer and do more damage then it seemed in the past. OFCOURSE imp players will not complain and even defend it. But in match after match with different team makeups something seems out of balance. I normally love PVP but I am about to stop untill this is at least looked at. If other Reps havn't had this problem then good, but I know I am not the only one.

No, The last week i won over 80% of my pvp games

This...

Is quite possibly the most idiotic thread I've read on the PvP forums. And I've lurked/posted around here for a good amount of time.

Seriously though, short of your server getting swarmed by people who abuse glitches/etc, there's nothing that makes Empire stronger than Republic when compared with the pre-transfer state of the game. Your information is incorrect. Class balance is exact, minus some minor bugs and some animation differences.

The real result of you doing worse in PvP:

******** Drum roll *********

You are getting outplayed repeatedly.

This...

Is quite possibly the most idiotic thread I've read on the PvP forums. And I've lurked/posted around here for a good amount of time.

Seriously though, short of your server getting swarmed by people who abuse glitches/etc, there's nothing that makes Empire stronger than Republic when compared with the pre-transfer state of the game. Your information is incorrect. Class balance is exact, minus some minor bugs and some animation differences.

The real result of you doing worse in PvP:

******** Drum roll *********

You are getting outplayed repeatedly.

Not entirely, Project is not instant damage, where shock actually is, this is not just down to animation delay, its down to the mechanic of how the two skills work.

first of sages/sorcerer have an ability to increase there lightning for the next 2 casts always had it

second of tofn is the oposite emp sucks badly now and reps pawns us so it might be the new players

Delusions of pvp grandeur gets dispelled with the arrival of transfers, and opponents who know how to play. NEWS @ 11!.

But seriously, the only constant in all your loses is "your" premade. Now, i know that even if you have a good premade, the 4 other pugs can significantly hinder the team when you are facing a double premade; HOWEVER, that happens once in a blue moon.

Consistent losses while running your premade, only indicates that your premade, as the common denominator, is to blame.

The only thing that changed, was the quality of your opponents. So when before (and now lots of times) average premade >below average opponents; NOW you met the skill wall of average premade > good opponents.

In the Star Wars lore, force lightning has never been a long range attack, medium at most.

You seem to lack understanding of even the basic of game mechanics, Force lightning for sorcerers has ALLWAYS been 30 yards, since the beginning of time (of swtor).

As for more damage; You mean to say that over time people get better geared and do more damage? No way.

TLDR: L2p.

Edited by Dmasterr

Don't forget about latency as well..

Just because your client is telling you that person is out of range, doesn't actually mean they are out of range.. I think this is where the OP is getting the problem with range. Seen it several times where someone is in melee range and my attacks are firing off just fine, then suddenly they are 10+ meters away from me. And it wasn't my latency that was causing it, but my target's latency.. He was jumping all over the warzone, and here I was thinking, "since when do Ops get a leap??"

Really hope 1.3 fixes the latency issues in warzones with the more populated servers, seems the more people warzoning at once, the worst they get.

This game favors republics more than empire. The following is NOT a bug, but the developers directly making an item that favors republic players specifically. Please remember that any class in the republic can purchase these, not just troopers, but sages, and sentinels, smugglers, any of their classes.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=436135

"is there a reason that the Republic has the unfair advantage of purchasing the Battlemaster Eliminator's Cannon?

http://www.torhead.com/item/2TxcubQ/battlemaster-eliminators-cannon

which has the Advanced Adept Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/vPHhgd/advanced-adept-enhancement-25

+24 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+37 Power

+51 Surge Rating

allowing the republic with the only battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it?

the mirror to this weapon for the imperials is Battlemaster Eliminator's Pistol

http://www.torhead.com/item/b3wGAFd/battlemaster-eliminators-blaster

which has the Advanced Proficient Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/eTpCpHN/advanced-proficient-enhancement-25

+40 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+51 Accuracy Rating

+20 Power

Currently, Imperials have no way of purchasing a battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it.

The only way for Imperials to get enhancments with power and surge on it, is by getting them from War Hero gear, which takes significantly longer to aquire. When Rated Warzones come out, this will give Republics a significant power advantage earlier in the season.

Its already hard enough to aquire War Hero Gear, let alone get a full set, and then buy more just to rip enhancments out of them."

These are actualy items, coded as intended. Bioware wants the republic to win, they obviously hate the empire, and try their best to give the republic any sort of advantage that they can. I know this because I have posted this in the Q&A multiple times, and it was never answered.

P.S.

Any individual's Valor Rank, in no way, determines a players PVP ability. If you thought this, you were incorrect. I see dozens of players everyday with 70+ Valor who are horrendous in PVP.

This, but it could have been said much nicer. I've noticed a lot of pubs on PO5 that are just not that good yet in pugs. The ones that listen and get recruit gear, get stims, add an ops only chat tab, and get in vent will get better....

More than likely what happened was they popped recklessness which gives additional range and damage to your next two force lightning or shock spells. Consulars have this ability too so this is not an instance of imbalance.

I am a republic player on the Ebon Hawk and I win the majority of my matches. I don't win them all, but I try to learn from my losses and move on. I play two characters, one is almost all war hero and the other is almost all in recruit gear. My win percentage is the same on both characters.

I understand that there are real imbalances between the classes, and bioware is trying to fix them. The shock and project imbalance should be fixed in 1.3 which is coming on Tuesday according to the launcher.

While I am not saying the game is perfectly balanced, most of the perceived imbalance is due to visual effects. For example QuickDraw and takedown. QuickDraw looks like there is a delay, but you will notice when it is the killing blow that the player dies before your QuickDraw hits them, then the damage appears above their corpse. It was the killing blow and the game recognizes the damage before you see the visual effect of the ability.

So as for imps vs pubs in pvp I feel like its pretty balanced on the Ebon Hawk. When someone starts complaining in chat that the imps always win, about 20 people respond with "I win all the time".

There is an issue with the Scoundrel's dirty kick vs the Operative's mirror ability. (The Scoundrel has to stop, the Operative does not.)There are a number of other issues.

Yeah, that was fixed a long time ago and there are not a "number of other issues". I love how you think you know what you're talking about, but when was the last time you played? January?