Tracer Animation Change

andypmiller

Having seen it, I think it's a good animation if it were on a longer cd, but crouching down and launching a missile from your back every second or so looks really stupid imo. I'd rather it be more like your regular missile/dart attacks, just w/ a cast time. anyway too late now.

Having seen it, I think it's a good animation if it were on a longer cd, but crouching down and launching a missile from your back every second or so looks really stupid imo. I'd rather it be more like your regular missile/dart attacks, just w/ a cast time. anyway too late now.

There were two big polls to have it changed and the idea to switch it with fusion missile. A dev commented saying they would look into it

Edited by bobafetea

Glad to hear that George commented on this.

Only issue with the Merc class for me right now is that animation, and that animation alone, the rest of it is GOLD.

Quick swap of Tracer Missiles animation and Fusion Missiles animation would not only make more sense for them, ability wise AND looks wise, it would satisfy everyone.

Am I the only one that likes it the way it is? I think it looks great and compliments the 'smoking missile' theme when you get heat seekers. Not only that, but the sound clip for it helps to establish a rhythm when playing.

It is not that people don't like the animation, its just that most people (and by most, I mean the vast majority of people who have been polled on the subject) feel it looks bad on an ability that does not have a cooldown and needs to be use (usually) at least 5 times in your main dps rotation.

On another hand, I don't feel like the animation really matches what the move does...you bend down, and fire your largest missile you have at the person and it...does some damage and puts a tracer on them? It feels off when you compare it to...

Fusion missile! Has a cooldown, and is a AoE damage + dot, which to me feels much more like what the backpack missile is supposed to be. On top of this all, the animation from Fusion Missile looks a lot better for a spammable abillity, and even has a little laser designator that lights up when channeling its cast, which to me feels much more fitting for an abillity that is meant to lock on to people.

That's good to hear, in my opinion.

The turn around for the Jedi Wizard -> Jedi Sage debacle was pretty quick, and this is a much easier fix, requiring less community input to get right.

Granted, it's not as bad as the whole Jedi Wizard thing, but I think ease-of-implementation balances that out.