Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DJs Mercenary Healing Guide For Dummies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
DJs Mercenary Healing Guide For Dummies

djinnerman
01.15.2012 , 05:32 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Attilious View Post
good guide your spec i think is off. Get rid of heat damping you never use those as a healer enough to matter like maybe once per pull? power shield get rid of necessary evil to maximize your character. Put those points into systems calibrations, intergrated systems for 2% increased healing across the board. seems to me this guide is outdated maybe? missed some obvious stuff.

correct build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfRMR0cdkqZrcoZb.1
Yeah, I've been as of late thinking about seriously reiterating major parts of this guide. I've done small sections of it and will continue to do some more large sectional changes. I believe you're right about being outdated since I first started when I was playing during early release.

I agree on the change on the tree since I have noticed that I haven't been needing to use the cc abilities as much but I feel it would have been more suitable towards pvp since I do play on a pvp server. I should note that there as well.

I just recently started doing HM Flashpoints and just did 4/5 Eternity Vault (will pick up tomorrow for the final one) and had a blast. During that time, I had a HUGE learning experience, especially the whole Kolto Shell healing bug bind-up where I get instant aggro until it gets attended to. So I wait to put that on until a little bit after the tank generates aggro.

As far as Power Shield, I'm not sure why I have that there, so I will need to pay some extra attention in the tree in getting things optimized right. I know my spec now doesn't have it set.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cwealth View Post
Hey guys just wondering for pvp which relic would you get alacrity or the surge & crit?

Thanks
I'm not too sure since I'm not huge on pvp, but I have absolutely no problem hitting over 5k heal crits, so surge shouldn't be your concern. I would focus on your power and crit. Even healing gear that BW gives you gives you an option between Power and Crit with a little mixture of Surge in it.

Just remember, this is a pve perspective since I do do both pve and pvp, I don't pvp as much as I intend to nor will I.
Literofcola
<Coconut Monkeys>
The Crucible Pits

Jinjernuts
01.23.2012 , 09:16 AM | #102
tagged for later reading. tyvm
Fuse
Hardcore EU Raiding Guild
Website | Guild HQ | Recruitment

Markielogan
01.24.2012 , 06:12 AM | #103
Good read mate

Tetriarch
01.25.2012 , 01:15 AM | #104
Thanks..great read and guide.

Walldorf
01.25.2012 , 11:12 PM | #105
nice guide

madagent
01.28.2012 , 03:53 PM | #106
This guide has such an unnecessary amount of witty text. For no reason. Its total garbage. Clean it up, be professional, and stop trying to be funny. No one wants to read through 30 pages of this when it could be 10.

TempestasSilva
01.30.2012 , 02:08 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by madagent View Post
I feel that this guide has such an unnecessary amount of witty text. For no reason. (I can criticize, but I can't make a complete sentence.) I think it's total garbage. I think you should clean it up, be professional, and stop trying to be funny because I have no sense of humor. No one wants to read through 30 pages of this when it could be 10. I also like to speak for everyone in spite of all the praise that this guide has been given and I like to really exaggerate too.
I fixed it for you.

djinnerman
01.30.2012 , 11:26 PM | #108
I'm glad all of you enjoyed it.

Nice comment Tempestas :P

Quote: Originally Posted by madagent View Post
This guide has such an unnecessary amount of witty text. For no reason. Its total garbage. Clean it up, be professional, and stop trying to be funny. No one wants to read through 30 pages of this when it could be 10.
I appreciate your comment. As such, my main goal wasn't to reach a pure 'professional' approach. If I did that, the reading would be very dull and technicality isn't really my style of writing. My real style of writing is creative writing. Every paper in my college class for English Composition received an A and every single paper had humor. It's not about 'trying' to be funny, but having a light-hearted sense of humor. My main focus was to achieve a sense of entertainment as well as keeping the analogies practical in order to keep it simple and understandable. I do understand that I spent a straight 12 hours for the beginning portion of this guide because of how excited I was in writing it overnight and my brain started to shutdown overtime until my sleep went underway.

And I LOVE exaggeration, but sadly, I didn't implement it in the guide.

Also, I love to be a people pleaser, but this will not always happen. You win some and you lose some, but in the end, I gave it my very best to provide the best of my knowledge (newbish perhaps? maybe so. Ask Mario, the red damage dealer. If you read that far into the guide.) and my joy is the joy of giving. (Besides Christmas time).

Thank you! I'm here till Thursday, try the veal!
Literofcola
<Coconut Monkeys>
The Crucible Pits

Chorusgirl
02.01.2012 , 03:40 PM | #109
Some of your advice is incorrect, I'll just point out one for ya - you should not be spamming Healing Scan during SCG - you need to do HS > RS > HS > RS and that will be less heat generation and more healing.
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five
Progression Raiding Guild

djinnerman
02.01.2012 , 07:12 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Chorusgirl View Post
Some of your advice is incorrect, I'll just point out one for ya - you should not be spamming Healing Scan during SCG - you need to do HS > RS > HS > RS and that will be less heat generation and more healing.
I appreciate the comment there. As you mentioned, I never specifically focused on spamming Healing Scan when SCG is up, only that you can potentially cast it x amount of times. After I placed Critical Efficiency, that's when the note for casting Rapid Scan after Healing Scan for it to cost the same and more healing from the RS.

Just as a side note and to be frankly quite honest, I wrote this guide at level 21 as I was merely excited about the class mechanics for Bodyguard healing. As I leveled and eventually hit 50 and did raiding and pvping, I learned quite a lot. Also, I read your guide (which I found very helpful for me during my leveling process and overall) and I didn't want to go about reiterating some of the guide and saying I know what what I know as an egotistical individual, I'm a very honest person. So what I have been thinking of doing is linking and quoting your rotation for that cause and giving you credit.

I've been busy with life, so I haven't had much time to keep up with the guide :S I still haven't even done Emergency Scan and SOOO SOOO MUCHO much much on the to-do list..wahhhhh.
Literofcola
<Coconut Monkeys>
The Crucible Pits