Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Star Wars scene

Reeny
11.12.2019 , 12:03 AM | #1
Best Star wars scene is , for me, the end scene in Rogue one where Vader comes onboard and massacres everyone!
Awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM

Raysofshadow
11.12.2019 , 01:13 AM | #2
I submit for your approval: Han and Leia on Hoth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31CfXFbA-4w

mccamandaniel
11.15.2019 , 01:36 PM | #3
My favorite scene is when Luke constructs his lightsaber and then he oh wait they cut that scene...

Shayddow
11.23.2019 , 05:31 AM | #4
My favorite scene is still when Palpatine takes over and the voice-over says and that is how democracy dies...to thunderous applause....
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

TheRomanRuler
11.23.2019 , 07:01 PM | #5
I can't pick favorites, but these are some of the great scenes:
-when Palpatine tries to flee from Yoda and Yoda jumps in front of him, saying "if so powerful you are, why leave?"
-Large parts of Anakin vs Obi wan duel at Mustafar
-During Yoda Vs Palpatine duel when emperor throws platforms at Yoda and Yoda stops platform and hurls it back at him, followed by Yoda stopping force lightning with his hands and reflecting it back to Palpatine
-Opera scene
-Vader vs Luke in episode 5, possibly all of it
-Opening scene of Episode 4
-and more

How on earth am i supposed to pick favorites? Pre-Disney Star Wars was full of epic moments, even prequels. And unlike sequels or technology limited originals, prequels actually had force users fighting with lightsabers instead of nobodies fighting with steel swords. Lightsaber blade does not have weight, and Force can make jumps and other stuff possibly even realistic part of combat for Force users. Certainly the fast speed is realistic, and i love how Hayden Christennsen and Ewan McGregor fought their duel in real time.
But more important to me is the music, in Disney Star Wars that is nearly entirely missing or muted to nearly non-existent volume, and also style of music was made much less noticable, into something that fades into background far better. And planets are terribly dull and too earth like, something that is forgivable for original movies.
Only Disney era Star Wars moment that seems in any way epic is Darth Vader at end of Rogue One. But even Darth Vader no longer sounds like Darth Vader, and his lightsaber got swapped into steel blade - though with him it makes sense, and if others would be able to move at faster Force user speeds like in prequels, it would make it so much more impressive that Darth Vader can still beat almost anyone in the galaxy. And music is still little missing in that scene.
I really don't like 2010s film/show production trends They try to be more realistic but often they fail or at least they d are not (epic)"space operas" like Star Wars is supposed to be. Space operas can be dark, they can be darker than fan favorite Episode 5, and they can also be more realistic. But they really should have music as if name would have something to do with music.
The Invictimus Legacy
Expanded Universe>Disney
I wish SWTOR would be Star Wars version of Mass Effect 3. Besides ending that was perfect

myrdinn
11.25.2019 , 03:00 PM | #6
When Obi'wan beats Maul in one move... because he has gone on, learned, and grown when Maul was forever trapped in his past.

If Sith are meant to be the change element (whereas Jedi were meant to be the order element), they really need to get over their own past.
But, much like how our Yin/Yang have elements of the other element in each element, a truth mentioning that each one has a piece of the other in order to continue the cycle, I think the conclusion of the Sith/Jedi doctrinal wars will result in shifting StarWars clean light/order and dark/change symbolism into something like the modern yin/yang.
That fight between Obi'wan and Maul was the beginning of that understanding; Rei might figure it out.

SithMasterYuriy
12.04.2019 , 08:12 AM | #7
There are tons of amazing scenes in all 8 movies and in rogue one, but I guess my fav battle scene is Anakin vs Obiwan
SithLord Kelsy - Sith Marauder (Original Story Completed 100%)
Sith Sorcerer Gurell (Original Story Completed 0%)
Jedi Knight Kelly (Original Story Completed 0%)
Jedi Sorcerer Magnara (Original Story Completed 10%)

Pirana
12.04.2019 , 01:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
Best Star wars scene is , for me, the end scene in Rogue one where Vader comes onboard and massacres everyone!
Awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM
Same here.

When watching this at the theater, I didn't really know what was happening towards the end, or where they were going, perhaps still in awe of the movie in general, but when you see the Rebels from the original movie, you quickly realize what's going on. They're leading right up to the very moment of the opening scene in ANH. I just remember getting goosebumps watching that scene. As mentioned, there are soooo many memorable scenes, it's really hard to pick just one, but I would have to go with that one.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

ruffolofi
12.06.2019 , 03:57 PM | #9
Anakin's "death scene" was so powerful, with Obi-Wan just standing there and watching him burn. "You were the chosen one!" And later Palpatine comes to rescue and gently kneels down next to Anakin's burned boby. You could write essays of that scene, of all the little implications and why the characters ended there. It's magnificent and sad.