Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What happened to this section?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What happened to this section?

Sukel's Avatar


Sukel
11.05.2019 , 12:39 PM | #1
Years ago you would find a lot of Star wars discussion and general non SWTOR Star wars talk here. Now, almost all of the topics in this section are topics about SWTOR. You guys do realize there's a "General Discussion" section used for any SWTOR related talk? And that this is a non SWTOR section?

Just wanted to throw that out, it's probably pointless. Wish there were still active forum mods to tackle this.

Pirana's Avatar


Pirana
11.05.2019 , 09:21 PM | #2
CommunitySupport hasn't logged in since - Last Activity: 03.27.2013 07:33 PM

All kidding aside, I agree, this section used to be primarily about Star Wars in general, not the game itself. Game has a skeleton crew now, notably the forum moderators.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

cs_zoltan's Avatar


cs_zoltan
11.06.2019 , 12:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sukel View Post
Years ago you would find a lot of Star wars discussion and general non SWTOR Star wars talk here.
This forum is held back by the subscription restriction, so those who were generating those discussions moved on to other, free, star wars forums for debates.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
11.11.2019 , 02:30 PM | #4
Lol. This is the first time I've gone to this sub-forum. I was curious as to what people would be saying about the next Star Wars movie.

So, on topic - I think the next (and possibly last) Star Wars film is going to suck. 🙄
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Foreignobjects's Avatar


Foreignobjects
11.19.2019 , 05:21 AM | #5
alot of the old EU fans are pissed at star wars atm. then you have youtube groups, like the fandom menace and others clashing over what is and isn't good star wars. the last jedi was very f'd up imo, its like swtor is the red headed step child of star wars atm, wait does that phrase offend people? anyway, il always love star wars and this game, but your right, i hope stuff can go back to how it was, it might have to do with disney saying, " OH THIS IS NOT CANON" BUT THIS IS" "AND THIS IS NOW LEGENDS" KINDOF CANON BUT NOT", they need to make this era and game canon, and just start adding easter eggs and items from canon star wars in this game, ea is very happy with how much money this game makes, i dont know why they dont do it.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
11.19.2019 , 07:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Foreignobjects View Post
they need to make this era and game canon
Justify. *Why* do they ***need*** to do this?

More to the point, *how* would they do it? What is the canonical identity of the Outlander?(1) Of the Hero of Tython? Of Darth Nox? *Is* there even a Darth Nox, or is it Darth Occlus, or Darth Imperius? Is the Emperor's Wrath who took over after Lord Scourge rebelled a man? A woman? Human? Twi'lek?

Not one of these questions can be answered in a useful way without causing difficulties for us, the players.

(1) Obviously, the canonical Outlander is a red-headed Cyborg Commando who habitually wears her hair in a slightly strange variation of a mohawk, and her name is Kylath Argentis. All other Outlanders are imposters.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
11.19.2019 , 11:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Justify. *Why* do they ***need*** to do this?

More to the point, *how* would they do it? What is the canonical identity of the Outlander?(1) Of the Hero of Tython? Of Darth Nox? *Is* there even a Darth Nox, or is it Darth Occlus, or Darth Imperius? Is the Emperor's Wrath who took over after Lord Scourge rebelled a man? A woman? Human? Twi'lek?

Not one of these questions can be answered in a useful way without causing difficulties for us, the players.

(1) Obviously, the canonical Outlander is a red-headed Cyborg Commando who habitually wears her hair in a slightly strange variation of a mohawk, and her name is Kylath Argentis. All other Outlanders are imposters.
Nevermind the fact the game would have to be heavily retconned in order to fit within the New Canon, which would make it canonizing even more pointless.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

myrdinn's Avatar


myrdinn
11.25.2019 , 02:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Justify. *Why* do they ***need*** to do this?

More to the point, *how* would they do it? What is the canonical identity of the Outlander?(1) Of the Hero of Tython? Of Darth Nox? *Is* there even a Darth Nox, or is it Darth Occlus, or Darth Imperius? Is the Emperor's Wrath who took over after Lord Scourge rebelled a man? A woman? Human? Twi'lek?

Not one of these questions can be answered in a useful way without causing difficulties for us, the players.

(1) Obviously, the canonical Outlander is a red-headed Cyborg Commando who habitually wears her hair in a slightly strange variation of a mohawk, and her name is Kylath Argentis. All other Outlanders are imposters.
An interesting element of this, it is fairly easy to make all of the class stories (with some small quibbles) cannon; the only bit that would be wonky would be something like "of these eight individuals, one of them went on to defeat the Zakuul Empire, but which one? All of that was lost in the last destructive throws of the Republic/Empire war that resumed shortly thereafter, leaving galactic civilization to pick up the pieces for a thousand years. This culminated in..." and off to the next Jedi/Sith canonical Doctrine War.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
11.26.2019 , 08:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by myrdinn View Post
An interesting element of this, it is fairly easy to make all of the class stories (with some small quibbles) cannon;
OK, so what is the canonical Trooper? Male? Female? Cyborg? Twi'lek?
Quote: Originally Posted by myrdinn View Post
the only bit that would be wonky would be something like "of these eight individuals, one of them went on to defeat the Zakuul Empire, but which one? All of that was lost in the last destructive throws of the Republic/Empire war that resumed shortly thereafter, leaving galactic civilization to pick up the pieces for a thousand years. This culminated in..." and off to the next Jedi/Sith canonical Doctrine War.
Throes, not throws.

That's inadequate. It has to be known in the canon ("cannon" is something else) so that stories can be set in that time.

But none of that changes the fact that once the canonical Outlander is established as that Cyborg Commando I mentioned (mine, obviously, since nobody else's Outlander can be canon ), the story becomes problematic for everyone else (including my other characters).
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.