Groups not getting priority in GSF queu?

Toraak

I've noticed recently that whenever I group with others for GSF I get skipped in the queu consistently.

Whenever I solo queu I Seldom if ever get skipped.

Has something changed in the group Priority that is intentionally skipping grouped players over solo queu'ers?

Edited by Toraak

Unquestionably something changed, but I think it was quite awhile ago, and I don't think it was something deliberate like groups being deprioritized. Like many of the matchmaking weirdness, I suspect it was an unintended change.

My take on this- which could be incorrect- goes something like this:

I believe matchmaker now values time in queue higher than before, to the point where as a game ends, if the group isn't in queue before probably half of the total needed for a game is in queue, the group runs a serious chance of being skipped

I don't know that this is literally true, but it feels like it.

Actually I'm experiencing the opposite of this. I know there are at least 2 groups running on my faction side and they keep getting pops ever 1 to 2 matches. If I get on they are usually on the opposite side. So does the ratio of groups to non groups have something to do with it on any given day?

All I know is many nights I'll get skipped at least 2-3 times if I group in a 2 hour window, and get into every match if I solo queu.

Heck one night I got skipped 4 of 5 matches when I was grouped which is definitely odd since it was a group of 2.

All I know is many nights I'll get skipped at least 2-3 times if I group in a 2 hour window, and get into every match if I solo queu.

Heck one night I got skipped 4 of 5 matches when I was grouped which is definitely odd since it was a group of 2.

If you're getting skipped that often, we've found that it's sometimes when someone's afk, because they're tabbed out waiting. If one person in the group is afk it will skip you every time, always remember to tab in and move every so often if you're waiting long periods of time.

When we get skipped many matches in a row we usually have everyone re log as well, in case there might be something wrong with queue ing up itself. I have no proof this does anything, but it has seemed to solve getting skipped in the past, maybe give it a shot too and let us know?

I'll have to check that out. I know I seldom go away from keyboard myself, but I'll have others I group with make sure they move from time to time. See if that helps. I usually move my characters every few minutes out of habit.