Defeat the first son!!!!!!!

Buckholm

How come i have killed chapions, elites and countless lore bosses but the quest "defeath the first son" is impossible???? ive tried with tank and healer companion, but i get oneshotted every time when he calls down stones from them the cave roof!!!

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Dandroid

Yup I suffered that instant-death when I ran out of interrupts and the First Son cast his quake spell. Of course, I didn't know this at the time - reading those little spell icons during battle!

But then I asked for help and a Jedi Shadow came to help and I finished successfully. Whew! I still don't know what he did that saved us though. Just before the First Son cast the deadly quake spell - we were force-lifted and couldn't do anything. :confused:

Edited by tintin_milou

Yup I suffered that instant-death when I ran out of interrupts and the First Son cast his quake spell. Of course, I didn't know this at the time - reading those little spell icons during battle!

But then I asked for help and a Jedi Shadow came to help and I finished successfully. Whew! I still don't know what he did that saved us though. Just before the First Son cast the deadly quake spell - we were force-lifted and couldn't do anything. :confused:

You probably have dot on first son and push him to quake phase. First son only cast force lift when master syo take over and try to heal you.

But ya.. if you let First Son finish force quake it is game over no matter what companion you use since it is scripted wipe. It is long casting not hard to interrupt thou.

How come i have killed chapions, elites and countless lore bosses but the quest "defeath the first son" is impossible???? ive tried with tank and healer companion, but i get oneshotted every time when he calls down stones from them the cave roof!!!

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Dandroid

You got this far without learning how to interrupt high damage abilities?

I had to use Theran because Holiday has like 2 interrupts and then I had my own interrupt. I let Holiday interrupt him whenever she did and I saved mine for the force quake he casts. Theran kept me healed pretty well and I just pounded the 1st Son with as much damage as I could. DOTS, DOTS, DOTS.

I had to use Theran because Holiday has like 2 interrupts and then I had my own interrupt. I let Holiday interrupt him whenever she did and I saved mine for the force quake he casts. Theran kept me healed pretty well and I just pounded the 1st Son with as much damage as I could. DOTS, DOTS, DOTS.

Eh... Holiday or as matter of fact it's Theran doesn't have 2 interrupts. Theran only has 1 interrupt which is deploy holiday and it is 8 sec channel cc which means Theran can't heal you or attack enemy during it.

Eh... Holiday or as matter of fact it's Theran doesn't have 2 interrupts. Theran only has 1 interrupt which is deploy holiday and it is 8 sec channel cc which means Theran can't heal you or attack enemy during it.

no but it does interrupt, you can heal yourself in this time and when you resume attacking theran will continue to heal you for a bit. Generally what i think he did was hit the first son and when holiday stunned him, used a heal as to wait for therans heals to come off cd and resume the attack.

Alternatively i just used Zenith and pummeled the first, interrupting only collapse cavern. When i was low i ran beind the rocks by the entrance and used 2 big heals and force armor and continued to kill him, i rinsed and repeated that.

no but it does interrupt, you can heal yourself in this time and when you resume attacking theran will continue to heal you for a bit. Generally what i think he did was hit the first son and when holiday stunned him, used a heal as to wait for therans heals to come off cd and resume the attack.

Alternatively i just used Zenith and pummeled the first, interrupting only collapse cavern. When i was low i ran beind the rocks by the entrance and used 2 big heals and force armor and continued to kill him, i rinsed and repeated that.

I know that, it is not really interrupt but it can act as interrupt.

It is not really that hard of fight as long as you don't get 1 shot by the cave collapse. Master Syo even heal you to full when he take over the body.

• 4 years later...
I used Qysen because he's the most powerful of my companions. I stayed near the rocks of the entrance to protect myself from the falling rocks and used kinetic throw continuously as Qysen fought the first son. Kinetic throw is effective even from a distance. As long as you yourself are not killed by falling rocks, Qysen will not either even though he's in the middle of it. I did not use Interrupt. Interrupt is not necessary for most fights and doesn't work with most anyway.

I used Qysen because he's the most powerful of my companions. I stayed near the rocks of the entrance to protect myself from the falling rocks and used kinetic throw continuously as Qysen fought the first son. Kinetic throw is effective even from a distance. As long as you yourself are not killed by falling rocks, Qysen will not either even though he's in the middle of it. I did not use Interrupt. Interrupt is not necessary for most fights and doesn't work with most anyway.

Lol nice necro...

...I stayed near the rocks of the entrance to protect myself from the falling rocks...As long as you yourself are not killed by falling rocks, [your compagnion] will not either even though he's in the middle of it. I did not use Interrupt. Interrupt is not necessary for most fights and doesn't work with most anyway.

Perfect! That's how to do it.

It's a long fight and you are alone. You need a sure way to win. Not one that may or may not work, like interrupts do. Of course this will be different in an operation, where interupts are required, but then you are not alone there, right?

For this particular fight you have found the perfect solution, knowing the fight and letting the terrain work for you. Well done!

• 3 years later...
They very well may have "fixed" that terrain thing now. Qyzen and I have managed to die at the same time with me being around the corner and interrupt *big surprise* are doing NOTHING. oh yes it is a scripted wipe. at the same level first wipe he did 12k wipe on me when i had 11k hp, go back after upgrading every scrap of my gear to high blues and purples coming back with 17khp do the same thing try and interrupt and stay around the corner he does 23k to THE ENTIRE CAVERN. I am at my wits end with this cheap encounter. As a side note stop fixing things that are hard enough already. It's been three years on the same computer and you still can't remember it.......

• 3 years later...
27 minutes ago, Khaotik_Neutral said:

I cancelled my sub bc I couldn't get past this fight. I finished all of the dark side stories and started doing light side, the emperor and the first son fights both suck idr how I got past the jedi knight boss but I raged on that one too, going back to ESO lol

you are joking right.

have you ever try to look on youtube to see how to beat him and also have you not upgrade your gear also in the first place.

and when people told on the forum there can easy compleet the class story line's with the green crap gear you have big trouble with it.

my friend you are doing then something good wrong if you cant beat it at all.

15 hours ago, Khaotik_Neutral said:

I cancelled my sub bc I couldn't get past this fight. I finished all of the dark side stories and started doing light side, the emperor and the first son fights both suck idr how I got past the jedi knight boss but I raged on that one too, going back to ESO lol

Both of those fights have long boss channels that should be interrupted.  The Knight fight can be brute-forced through, but is really, really easy if you know what your interrupt is.

Same with the first son, he does a long channelled ability that is an instant kill unless you interrupt it.

The problem a lot of newer players is that the story part of the game has been nerfed so much that players have no reason to actually learn all their abilities anymore, and interrupt is a major one that every player should know, and use, regularly.

1 hour ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

The problem a lot of newer players is that the story part of the game has been nerfed so much that players have no reason to actually learn all their abilities anymore, and interrupt is a major one that every player should know, and use, regularly.

its not only that but there not learn to upgrade there gear at all and only think i can do it with this basic gear easy when there going to see soon or later its not working anymore and not have learn to upgrade there gear at all.

and then you get problems like this that there are going to range quit since there not have learn a thing how things work in this game at all.